Let's talk about Cersei !

Danny-

26 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Then what do we have left once we abondon that character? A grapping pit! Chaos.. 

The Show is named after the iron throne.... The throne... The realm... Hundred blades of Aegon's ennemies

Someone still needs to fight for it... After the long night... The long night will only take less than 6 episodes... <_< 

Well if Dany or Jon end up on the iron throne I am of the belief they destroy the throne itself as a message they will be different from previous rulers.  The iron throne is a symbol, a symbol of power and mean to put fear into your enemies.  Dany doesn't want to be more of the same, and if they both survive and marry it won't fit both of em.  

And I don't think we should abandon Cersei, her character is still riveting and Lena does such a great job, her screen time is awesome.  Watching her demise will he just as entertaining because this bitch ain't going down without throwing everything including the kitchen sink at her enemies.  Plus she can always get more nuts and alienate more people.  

43 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Well if Dany or Jon end up on the iron throne I am of the belief they destroy the throne itself.  

Dany has been pining for the throne for 7 seasons now ,saying she is the true  targaryen heir of the throne,teaching the word "throne" to khal drogo and stuff.

i don't think she'll destroy it.

Just now, Danny- said:

Dany has been pining for the throne for 7 seasons now ,saying she is the true  targaryen heir of the throne,teaching the word "throne" to khal drogo and stuff.

i don't think she'll destroy it.

There's still a season of growth from her. Now she's with Jon, he might sway her towards destroying it, since he proves that your birth or birthright do not mean anything. Plus I can imagine Tyrion isn't a fan of keeping it, either.

7 minutes ago, Jaime's Wench said:

There's still a season of growth from her. Now she's with Jon, he might sway her towards destroying it, since he proves that your birth or birthright do not mean anything. Plus I can imagine Tyrion isn't a fan of keeping it, either.

Agreed it would be an act that would symbolize she is not as Jon put it, more of the same.

21 hours ago, Danny- said:

She knows what's coming and yet she's still plotting and scheming .

She is far better queen in the show than in the books.

Too bad her plotting and scheming will be revealed way to soon thanx to Jaimie. She shouldn't have let him go.

2 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Well if Dany or Jon end up on the iron throne I am of the belief they destroy the throne itself as a message they will be different from previous rulers.  The iron throne is a symbol, a symbol of power and mean to put fear into your enemies.  Dany doesn't want to be more of the same, and if they both survive and marry it won't fit both of em.

fair enough...

2 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

And I don't think we should abandon Cersei, her character is still riveting and Lena does such a great job, her screen time is awesome.  Watching her demise will he just as entertaining because this bitch ain't going down without throwing everything including the kitchen sink at her enemies.  Plus she can always get more nuts and alienate more people.  

I couldn't agree more... She is being that Bitch this TV series needs... 

Show Cersei is a joke. The showrunners have bent over backwards to justify her rule because they love Lena. She should have been dead for a season now. She blows up the Sept of Baelor killing many lords and common folk yet people just follow her blindly when she's crowned by fucking Qyburn?

She has no justification for being on the throne. Her army was pretty much destroyed yet she conveniently gets the gold through the walls to buy more soldiers. She calls Dany an usurper at the dragon pit meeting while no one bothers to call her out for being the exact same thing.

People state they like show Cersei better because she is more competent than book Cersei. But both characters should be in the same state if not for the fact that the showrunners play god and put her in a better position. And at least book Cersei is funny and adds value that way. Not since Littlefinger has a character long outlived a feasible narrative.

Cersies main problem is she thinks she is Tywin Lannister reborn, she honestly thinks she can play the game as well as Tywin but because she is a woman people don't respect her as such when in reality people don't trust her or respect her because she isn't near as smart as she thinks she is and makes countless mistakes that by all means should of had her and her house destroyed by now. 

34 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Cersies main problem is she thinks she is Tywin Lannister reborn, she honestly thinks she can play the game as well as Tywin but because she is a woman people don't respect her as such when in reality people don't trust her or respect her because she isn't near as smart as she thinks she is and makes countless mistakes that by all means should of had her and her house destroyed by now. 

I'm not sure if she thinks she is Tywin reborn but rather she has to be Tywin reborn because her siblings were never serious enough about what being a Lannister means and what their father tried create for them.  I think she has always felt she was the one who had to bear the brunt of the Lannister legacy and her father never gave her the respect she thought she deserved for being the only one that took being a Lannister seriously. That's where her daddy issues come from and I think it's a driving force behind her character and mental instability.  

Cerci is a complete joke, she even managed to surprise LF with her incompetence. Tywin the evil mastermind though so, and so does everybody.

The only reason she is there and doing this is because DD want her there, she is sacrosanct, one one the main actors paid their weight in gold and indispensable. That and specially for her she is another woman in power, remember the feminist criticism? She will not go down easily.

Well, Cersei is short sighted and foolish.

But she managed to deceive everyone - including her own two effing brothers who really should have known better - so the joke is on them.

I mean, CERSEI LANNISTER is telling you that she is going to support you with her armies with no conditions other than... yy... holding the high moral ground? - and you believe her?  You are an idiot. Yes, you, Tyrion. And you too Jaime. And you, Varys. And most of you on that meeting, really, since you should know her by reputation.

And Lena Heady is incredible indeed, she almost managed to sell it.

Ah, and I really loved the moment when Daenerys was parading her dragons and everyone was gawking and Cersei was like: 'You are late :/'.

And on the meta level I loved how a season ago everyone was like: 'Cersei is on the throne now but she won't stay there for long!' and here we have the next season's finale and they can only repeat it. Yeah, I know, bad writing, and this time it's trues, but still. Homegirl is resilient.

3 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Well, Cersei is short sighted and foolish.

But she managed to deceive everyone - including her own two effing brothers who really should have known better - so the joke is on them.

I mean, CERSEI LANNISTER is telling you that she is going to support you with her armies with no conditions other than... yy... holding the high moral ground? - and you believe her?  You are an idiot. Yes, you, Tyrion. And you too Jaime. And you, Varys. And most of you on that meeting, really, since you should know her by reputation.

And Lena Heady is incredible indeed, she almost managed to sell it.

Ah, and I really loved the moment when Daenerys was parading her dragons and everyone was gawking and Cersei was like: 'You are late :/'.

And on the meta level I loved how a season ago everyone was like: 'Cersei is on the throne now but she won't stay there for long!' and here we have the next season's finale and they can only repeat it. Yeah, I know, bad writing, and this time it's trues, but still. Homegirl is resilient.

Or extremely lucky. 

21 hours ago, falcotron said:

I think she planned the Jon proviso from the start, as part of her act.

Nobody would believe Cersei suddenly being shocked into a conversion to the side of good.

But everyone believed Cersei being shocked into considering taking the good side, but still being Cersei enough to insist on something in return anyway. Especially when she held firm on that point so stubbornly that even Jaime couldn't talk her out of it, and only a long, emotional conversation with Tyrion about her unborn child could sway her. That's believable from Cersei.

It was a clever plan, and it worked. But it was batshit crazy because what she accomplished was a crazy thing to try to accomplish. (Even forgetting the fact that she didn't bring Jaime in on it, so he ended up falling for it the same as everyone else and abandoning her.)

The only bit about Cersei's plan that doesn't work for me is that, for her plan to work, she has to be convinced to come round to the idea again. OK, fine. But she has a discussion with Jaime (who isn't in on the plan) and rejects his arguments. Then Tyrion manages to convince her. Fine. But how did Cersei know that Tyrion would be stupid enough to put himself in mortal danger to try to convince her to change her mind? What if Tyrion and co. had just said 'well, worth a try, let's head back then'? Why not just let Jaime convince you? After all, Tyrion was depending on Jaime to help Cersei see reason anyway. It's why they agreed to a meeting.

4 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I'm not sure if she thinks she is Tywin reborn but rather she has to be Tywin reborn because her siblings were never serious enough about what being a Lannister means and what their father tried create for them.  I think she has always felt she was the one who had to bear the brunt of the Lannister legacy and her father never gave her the respect she thought she deserved for being the only one that took being a Lannister seriously. That's where her daddy issues come from and I think it's a driving force behind her character and mental instability.  

That what he/she talks about is so book Cersei. If you read her chapters, you see her that way.

Add some serious paranoia (like in books) and you get yourself some really epic and funny scenes (or read) :D

Show Cersei might've been on that tracks but now they changed her into focused, patient leader that can go toe to toe with some major players. Pretty meh, I actually enjoyed her being 'mental' much more.

8 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

The only bit about Cersei's plan that doesn't work for me is that, for her plan to work, she has to be convinced to come round to the idea again. OK, fine. But she has a discussion with Jaime (who isn't in on the plan) and rejects his arguments. Then Tyrion manages to convince her. Fine. But how did Cersei know that Tyrion would be stupid enough to put himself in mortal danger to try to convince her to change her mind? What if Tyrion and co. had just said 'well, worth a try, let's head back then'? Why not just let Jaime convince you? After all, Tyrion was depending on Jaime to help Cersei see reason anyway. It's why they agreed to a meeting.

She may have just planned to storm off and return a little later, Tyrion coming to speak to her just gave her an added edge and another layer to her plan, but she didn't know it would happen, there was no way she could. Then she freestyles and plays  the pregnancy card as well because Tyrion would have sympathy for her and Jaime's unborn child.  

9 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She may have just planned to storm off and return a little later, Tyrion coming to speak to her just gave her an added edge and another layer to her plan, but she didn't know it would happen, there was no way she could. Then she freestyles and plays  the pregnancy card as well because Tyrion would have sympathy for her and Jaime's unborn child.  

Exactly. The plan worked out even better because now Tyrion is sure that he got through to the real sister underneath the crazy because kids, so he'll help convince everyone else. But even without that it would have been pretty solid. So she probably wasn't relying on it.

i agree.  Cersei is excellent, on point.

8 minutes ago, Dofs said:

I am not sure where many people see crazy and stupid Cersei. :unsure: For me, in the last season she was the most sane she ever was and arguably the only smart person in the entire season.

Archived