What will Dany & Aejon name their heir?

The foreshadowing of Dany's fertility in the Dragon Pit when Aejon claimed Mirri Maz Duur was an unreliable source was about as subtle as a kick to the nads from the Ironborn. So it would seem safe to assume that after their romp on the Love Boat, Dany & Aejon are expecting. So what do they name the next heir to the Iron Throne?

How 'bout Eddard Targaryan for a boy

or Ygritte Targaryan for a little princess

(I'm assuming since Jon will allow Dany to act as ruling Queen, he'll get naming rights)

30 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

The foreshadowing of Dany's fertility in the Dragon Pit when Aejon claimed Mirri Maz Duur was an unreliable source was about as subtle as a kick to the nads from the Ironborn. So it would seem safe to assume that after their romp on the Love Boat, Dany & Aejon are expecting. So what do they name the next heir to the Iron Throne?

(I'm assuming since Jon will allow Dany to act as ruling Queen, he'll get naming rights)

The name is Aegon.

Aenys or Rhagar if its boy

Lyanna if its a girl

22 minutes ago, justanotherposter said:

Would it be his daughter or would it be his cousin? 

Well Rhaegar was Aerys son and nephew, so Dany would have been Aerys daughter and niece so daughter/son and cousin while still all kinds of messed up in the history of Targaryens isn't as messed up as it could be.

1 minute ago, Super Mario said:

The child would be Jon's daughter AND cousin but its the name that makes you go ewww?

I thought that me pointing out an aunt fucking her nephew expressed my disgust with the incest. If it wasn't clear I apologize. 

The scene where Jon and Daenerys have sex, while Tyrion is seen sulking outside in the hallway, reminded me of Tolkien's Children of Hurin.

In that book the characters Niënor and Turumbar are long separated siblings who, upon coming into contact in adulthood while exiled in a place called Brethil, develop a strong romantic attraction (unfortunately, this disturbing phenomenon is a recognised reality in science, called "genetic attraction").  

Brandir, the Chieftain of the Men of Brethil who is lame (physically disabled), tended Niënor when she was sick and became her closest confidante, secretly falling in love with her;  Niënor however, loved Turumbar. Brandir restrained her from marriage, firstly out of jealousy of Turumbar - who is healthy, younger than him and has supplanted him as chieftain - and secondly because he felt sure it would lead to certain doom.

They fail to heed his warnings and marry, not realising their kinship, and Niënor becomes pregnant. When they discover the truth (Turumbar finding out from a spiteful Brandir after his sister/wife had already been driven mad and committed suicide with the revelation of her incest, killing the child in her womb along with her), it leads to their demise.

There are significant differences but in essence both plots involve two people who think they are unrelated soul-mates having sex, while another person, who is somehow disabled/deformed, is (seemingly) jealous of the relationship and loves the woman, while also (appearing) to fear that it could or will lead to "doom".

Jon/Aegon's greater claim to the Iron Throne and status as her nephew could enable Tyrion or Jorah to (at least attempt to) sow friction between them, out of jealousy. It certainly complicates matters, even though Targs have engaged in incest for centuries. 

We should recall that GRRM originally intended Jon to be in a love triangle with his sister Arya and Tyrion. It seems that Dany has replaced Arya in the final endgame. 

1 hour ago, Super Mario said:

Maybe Aemon for a boy? Don't know for a girl. 

I should also note that disturbing and wrong as it is, avunculate (uncle/niece, aunt/nephew) marriage hasn't been as rare historically in our real world as folks might be inclined to think.

In the medieval period, a papal dispensation could be and often was obtained to allow such a marriage despite it being conventionally deemed unnatural and incestuous.

King Alfonoso V of Portugal, for instance, married his niece Joanna of Castile in 1475.

21 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

The scene where Jon and Daenerys have sex, while Tyrion is seen sulking outside in the hallway, reminded me of Tolkien's Children of Hurin.

That's brilliant. There are TONS of similarities with Lord Of The Rings but this one coming from Tolkien's greater legendarium is a fantastic catch and potentially very relevant. Well done.

Archived