Gregor and Jaime

Apoplexy

I read an interview where NCW joked about the mountain being too stupid to understand Cersei's subtle cue. I was hoping for Jaime to somehow defeat the mountain in a duel, that could make his fighting WW a bit believable. Ah, but CleganeBowl..

I'm going with what others said. She wanted to threaten him not to leave, but did not have the intention to actually kill him. Like most dialogue in the show now it takes place off screen (telling the Mountain just to scare him when she commands it) and the viewer is juts supposed to fill in their own blanks. Also, didn't Jamie say something pretty much like "I'm calling your bluff" right before he walked out?

44 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

So where was Jamie off to after that? Did he just run off north to get away from all the madness, or was he going to join his men at the Wall?

I don't think he's just running north aimlessly—or, if he is, that'll just be until he's away from immediate danger.

And I don't think he's going to try to pick up his army and take them to the Wall to silently carry out his oath and pretend he doesn't know that Cersei is going to backstab everyone.

The smart thing to do would be to head for the nearest castle where he can hole up safely, then send a raven to Winterfell telling them about Cersei's plans, and wait for a reply.

What he's probably going to do is race to try to catch up to any of Dany's forces to tell the story in person. Which will probably be a bunch of Dothraki riders, who will take him to Winterfell as a prisoner, but then after a bit of suspense he'll get a chance to talk to Tyrion and straighten everything out.

11 hours ago, falcotron said:

I don't think he's just running north aimlessly—or, if he is, that'll just be until he's away from immediate danger.

And I don't think he's going to try to pick up his army and take them to the Wall to silently carry out his oath and pretend he doesn't know that Cersei is going to backstab everyone.

The smart thing to do would be to head for the nearest castle where he can hole up safely, then send a raven to Winterfell telling them about Cersei's plans, and wait for a reply.

What he's probably going to do is race to try to catch up to any of Dany's forces to tell the story in person. Which will probably be a bunch of Dothraki riders, who will take him to Winterfell as a prisoner, but then after a bit of suspense he'll get a chance to talk to Tyrion and straighten everything out.

I think he will go set Edmure free and ask if he wants to join him.  

Archived