Who will get a Happily Ever After

Maester Totoro

We all know the final season will have a pretty high body count, probably more than half the total characters alive at this point. Some, at least two or three, will get a happy ending. Considering that, which couple do you bet on surviving both wars alive and together?

• Jon & Dany
  • Sam & Gilly
  • Grey Worm & Missandei
  • Brienne & Jaime
  • ¿Brienne & Tormund?
  • Pod & Bronn

4 hours ago, Maester Totoro said:

We all know the final season will have a pretty high body count, probably more than half the total characters alive at this point. Some, at least two or three, will get a happy ending. Considering that, which couple do you bet on surviving both wars alive and together?

• Jon & Dany
  • Sam & Gilly
  • Grey Worm & Missandei
  • Brienne & Jaime
  • ¿Brienne & Tormund?
  • Pod & Bronn

Amongst those options, Sam and Gilly seem more likely than the others.

5 hours ago, Khorkalba said:

Hopefully either the White Walkers or Cersei and Jaime. 

Predictable outcomes and heroes saving the day = boring.

Mary and Gary Stu saving the world and ruling it together with their perfectly beautiful platinum haired children!?

Ugh, I couldn't think of a worse end of this show. So yeah no happy ending for Jon and Dany. This is GOT, not Disney for #$%@ sake.

6 minutes ago, Graydon Hicks said:

if you dont like, then dont watch it or read, and leave the dreams of some measure of faith in humanity to the rest of us.

Based on everything that has happened so far and all the brutal character deaths, I think it is you who probably shouldn't be watching / reading. It clearly isn't for you.

There are literally countless TV shows, movies and books out there where the good guys win in the end, or special heroes save the day.

GoT should be better than that. It should dare to be different, even if that means taking some delicate minds out of their comfort zones.

i think is has been different. for the last 10 years we have been losing characters, heroes, that fans have fallen in love with. from eddard to margery, from robb to barristan, the people who would make the world a better place are left but food for worms. and the darkest that mankind can offer are allowed to rise and prosper, to kill and butcher in the furtherance of power, wealth, and prestige. can we not be allowed to hope, to dream, that those few bright lights left to us, those in whom we have place our hopes, maybe allowed to survive. that the better world they dreamed of, one where the common man no longer need fear the petulant whims of a mad woman or her son, no longer dread the passing of a foreign lord, no longer worry that food that would save his children's lives might be stolen to grace the tables of cruel, sadistic soldiers of a high house, will still come to pass?

i say thee that i will hope for that better world, and for the continued lives of those who seek to bring that world to be. 

27 minutes ago, Khorkalba said:

Based on everything that has happened so far and all the brutal character deaths, I think it is you who probably shouldn't be watching / reading. It clearly isn't for you.

There are literally countless TV shows, movies and books out there where the good guys win in the end, or special heroes save the day.

GoT should be better than that. It should dare to be different, even if that means taking some delicate minds out of their comfort zones.

If GOT has learned us anything, is that ANYTHING can and will happen, even to fan favourites like Jon and Dany. So I'm being realistic here. In real life bad things also happen to good people and vise versa, If people can't handle that they should stick to Disney movies instead.

An ending where Jon and Dany would rule Westeros and live happily ever after with their children would be way too predictable not to mention cliché, so I suspect it will be a bittersweet ending instead where the good guys will win "BUT" not without substantial losses.

So yeah, I totally agree about GOT daring to be different, I want to be shocked, awed and surprised at the end of it, so please no Disney ending.

2 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

i think is has been different. for the last 10 years we have been losing characters, heroes, that fans have fallen in love with. from eddard to margery, from robb to barristan, the people who would make the world a better place are left but food for worms. and the darkest that mankind can offer are allowed to rise and prosper, to kill and butcher in the furtherance of power, wealth, and prestige. can we not be allowed to hope, to dream, that those few bright lights left to us, those in whom we have place our hopes, maybe allowed to survive. that the better world they dreamed of, one where the common man no longer need fear the petulant whims of a mad woman or her son, no longer dread the passing of a foreign lord, no longer worry that food that would save his children's lives might be stolen to grace the tables of cruel, sadistic soldiers of a high house, will still come to pass?

i say thee that i will hope for that better world, and for the continued lives of those who seek to bring that world to be. 

I don't know why you're so invested in the lives of fictional characters in Westeros. It's just a story.

The better world ending you're describing has been told a million times in other stories - from ancient fairy tales to countless movies. Frankly it's boring, predictable and mawkish.

well, i happen to like storied that have a happy ending, even with all the bad shit that happens to it, because it feeds both my imagination, and the hope that maybe, somewhere in the core of humanity, there is still something good and joyful. that things will be better in the end, and not just the same old shit.

On 28.8.2017 at 10:10 PM, Maester Totoro said:

Considering that, which couple do you bet on surviving both wars alive and together?

Well, why think in couples and not in persons?

Jon might survive or sacrifice himself for the victory over the Night.

Daenerys will most probably die. Compare her visions in the House of the Undying.

Sam and Gilly have chances to survive or their story is told and they are victims to the epic battle. I could imagine they make it.

Brienne and Jamie will both die, I am afraid. Maybe they meet and make out before the epic battle.

Grey Worm and his army will loose at the wall. Would be strange if he survives.

What about Sansa, Arya, Varys?

Archived