Casting the Movie Continued

Lyanna Stark-Targaryen

That Sean Bean as Brynden got no support and was even criticized by others should tell you something.

Quite frankly, take your own advice. More than one person didn't like Sean for the part.

And wasn't Jaime's youth an anomaly at any rate? At best, Brynden in his late fifties, early sixties. Still a bit old for Bean

But however old Brynden may be in the books, casting Sean Bean still ignores the fact that he does not look like the brother of Brian Dennehy, nor does he look like the uncle of Damien Lewis or any of the suggested Cats we have right now. We've all seen him with a beard in LotR and it doesn't make him look older.

And the fact that a couple of pages ago we were arguing about casting him as Edmure - and that indeed we had him as Edmure before Damien Lewis - should tell us that he's not right for the Blackfish!

And Tony, I wasn't trying to be mean about your choice of Loras, sorry if it came off that way!

Tysha,

Well, it's all right. A movie star is needed, and as movie stars go, you guys chose really well. Didn't mean to knock your choice.

Don't feel bad! Try some theatre, get into acting. If something related to ASOIAF comes out, go for it! As Christopher Lee's proven, one does best if one's a fan.

And if it makes you feel better, the guy there has the right look for Loras.

Tysha,

And Tony, I wasn't trying to be mean about your choice of Loras, sorry if it came off that way!

No, I took it too personally -- posting him in this thread, in the first place.

Sean Bean could be Brian Dennehy's brother, and there is some highly superficial resemblance in the shape of the forehead and eyes. He's not unreasonable as a choice, but I think the dynamic would be better if he had just a few more years, yet, on Catelyn. I would like to see a screen test with Sean Bean opposite your Catelyn and Edmure. It could be highly interesting.

All the same, I think I'd prefer someone older. Charles Dance comes to mind -- he of Gosford Park.

Archived