Can White Walkers see through their wights' eyes?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it.

How do White Walkers control their wights when they're out of line of sight? For example, when Jon and friends attacked that gang of wights to try to capture one, most of the wights were controlled by the local Walker, but one was apparently controlled by a different Walker, who wasn't there, and yet he was still able to stay in sync with the gang. One obvious way for this to work would be that Walkers can use their wights' senses.

And this also fits in with the fact that wighting is related to warging, and more generally the Walkers' powers are a distorted version of the Children's magic.

So, if this is true, one of the Walkers just saw a bit of that conference in the Dragonpit, and heard even more of it.

I don't know that they really discussed anything secret that he could use (e.g., even if Euron weren't just acting, would it help the Night King to know that Cersei's navy is abandoning her to hide out on their islands?), but still, maybe they should have worried about the possibility.

Who knows. A lot of things only really make sense if we accept that "Mission Impossible: Capture a walker" was allowed to succeed because the Night King wanted a dragon, in which case a lot of info supposedly gained from that (such as the wights-collapse-when-their-walker-dies theory) should not be considered fact.

I don't recall any wights disintegrating when jon killed the ww at hardhome, so either a) that particular ww didn't have any of his own wights or B) wHite walkers only have enough life force WiFi bluetooth Witchery to keep x number of wights "alive" at any one time but when jon killed the ww at hardhome there where enuff ww's  in the area to keep the WiFi strength up so none of the wights "died" 

I don't think nk can see through the eyes of his wights, that said I wouldn't be surprised if he also has the green dream 3 eyed raven type thing going on. He knows too much about what's going on in the environment. He knew he would find more pple to turn into wights at hardhome, he knows when craster has a son etc. 

I've been thinking about this. From what I've seen so far.

Maybe wights do have their own will, though limited (like basic instict). But they can/should be easy to warg into or be really susceptible to basic commands (stay, attack), like the one in first season that tried to assasinate lord commander (warged?). I can't see how a single WW could commmand/warg hundreds od wights at the same time though. That's some major brain process right there. Far too great for even a 3ER.

WW are a different breed, ofc. Complete 'free will' but devoted to the NK himself.

Well when they captured the one wight it did that scream thing and the hound had his hand slip off the wights face and the things screamed again. Given how they played that and how close the army of the dead is at the time it seems like they came because the dead creature made that noise which was like a siren.  I do wonder if they didn't go the "warging" route though.

The fact that the  wight that mormont brought back south of the wall and then awoke to attack him either means they can be warged or that they can remember something and be given commands since it seemed to go right to mormont which would have done the most damage.

Also you notice that on the ship the wight was making noise and yet at the meeting it stayed quiet and even when the hound opened the crate it didn't do anything until it got kicked over and could get out and run and maybe have a chance at killing someone. Makes me wonder if it was just for drama or that it mattered in some way

My best guest is that wights, wolves and dragons all work in about the same way. If you're a bit of a skinchanger, you have a sort of telepathic connection to them that somehow lets them know the important things, like who is a friend and who is a foe, where to fly, perhaps a simple mission, etc. That effect seems to be pretty constant, and is how I assume the wights are controlled.

However, if you're like Jon or Arya, you might occasionally see through the eyes of your wolf/dragon/cat/wight, especially when you're asleep.

If you're one of the top level skinchangers, you can see through their eyes and control them at will, as Bran does.

So if the WW are using some level of skinchanging to control their wights, the important question is how good they are. The fact they have tens of thousands of soldiers at least is a sign they might be pretty good at it. Perhaps they can herd 10,000 wights in one general direction, or do something more complicated like spying on a parley or knitting if they just focus on one wight at a time.

Archived