Night King appreciation thread

Camara

He is immune to bad dialogues.

He doesn't care about small details, he is all after the endgame.

He tames dragons better than any Targaryen, in way less time too.

Do you think in the next season we will explore more of his character (who he is, what he wants), or will he be the weird alien slient enemy until the end?

I'm afraid of character destruction but it would be awesome if he spoke and put all the living in their place, something like "I am saving the world from destruction, I am saving the world from you. To destroy I was made, but to save I will".

It would be interesting if he had really good points on his side other than "Eliminate Mankind, execute order 999".

19 minutes ago, Charlie Hustle said:

Umm dont we know his story already? The COTF secret weapon gone bad. With excellent revival skills, and javelin throwing abilities.

Um... What's COTF? Sorry if I should know.... Assuming you're joking....

Show NK is amazing. He looked more badass in Season 5 though, when there was a different actor portraying him, but he's badass anyway haha.

I loved the fact that he looks always so calm, like he's been waiting for his revenge for 8000 years and no one is going to fuck that up. He seems like a cool dude hahaha.

1 hour ago, Ingelheim said:

Show NK is amazing. He looked more badass in Season 5 though, when there was a different actor portraying him, but he's badass anyway haha.

I loved the fact that he looks always so calm, like he's been waiting for his revenge for 8000 years and no one is going to fuck that up. He seems like a cool dude hahaha.

I actually think he looks less cartoonish and more solemn and confident in S7.   The DGAF attitude is scary.  But I definitely agree show NK is a boss.  He's probably the third most likable character on the show after Jaime and Davos, and Jaime is a sister fucking kid crippling no hand having smartass, and Davos abandoned his wife years ago and picked a new king rather than going home, so maybe the NK isn't too far away from being the most likeable one.

3 hours ago, Camara said:

Do you think in the next season we will explore more of his character (who he is, what he wants), or will he be the weird alien slient enemy until the end?

I'm afraid of character destruction but it would be awesome if he spoke and put all the living in their place, something like "I am saving the world from destruction, I am saving the world from you. To destroy I was made, but to save I will".

It would be interesting if he had really good points on his side other than "Eliminate Mankind, execute order 999".

I really thought that it would be a big WTF moment - that we would hear him talk to Bran or Jon - but it hasn't happened.  I really don't like the idea that the NK is just robotically trying to execute a single order, carrying out his life's purpose as efficiently as possible.  We've seen that he uses reason and strategy fairly well thus far.  Hopefully his purpose is better than "I was made to do this, I was just waiting for the coldest winter in a few millennia to carry this out."  Maybe he will speak to Bran telepathically?

While I love having show Night King as a big bad as a good addition over the seemingly unorganized and still very mysterious Others of the books, if creating this character was all just so the war for dawn could end in one-on-one or two-on-one combat between the Night King and Jon or Jon/Dany, I'll be a little miffed.  Even in Star Wars they had to blow up the death star in addition to winning the light saber duel.

Don't think there will be time for his backstory.  In the books I can't wait to find out.  

6 minutes ago, Jaime F Lannister said:

Is there a Night Queen too btw? Because every season there's more of them popping up with no blue-eyed female to be seen, ever. Or do they symbolize the Gay community who cannot procreate among themselves but  generously and lovingly adopt babies, given up by the likes of Craster?

Gonna be Cersei when she realizes she can rule the world and live forever. :)

1 hour ago, Lydia19 said:

Um... What's COTF? Sorry if I should know.... Assuming you're joking....

Children of the Forest.  Legend has it that the COTF created with magic the "Others" a/k/a White Walkers including the Night's King to help repel the First Men who were beginning to occupy their land.

9 minutes ago, Ser Knight Somerville said:

Children of the Forest.  Legend has it that the COTF created with magic the "Others" a/k/a White Walkers including the Night's King to help repel the First Men who were beginning to occupy their land.

Just an aside, isn't this a terribly unsatisfying origin story for the White Walkers?  Like, if the COTF had such awesome and powerful magic, why just use that to kill the first men instead of creating an intermediary to do it?  I really hope the origin and purpose of the Others in the books is not explored if it amounts to the show story.

1 minute ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Just an aside, isn't this a terribly unsatisfying origin story for the White Walkers?  Like, if the COTF had such awesome and powerful magic, why just use that to kill the first men instead of creating an intermediary to do it?  I really hope the origin and purpose of the Others in the books is not explored if it amounts to the show story.

I think it would work if they explained who that man was that had Dragonglass put in his chest and was converted.  What if it was Garth Greenhand?  Use the first men's King and change him into a monster whose only mission is to kill everything living, didn't Garth have some magical powers too?  What if his powers carried over, like Viscerion's did but modified.  

Whatever he does he had better not be ripping me off, a silly ice zombie just hasn't got the swagger to come out with shit like that.

7 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

If you read The World of Ice and Fire, you will find that the CoTF/greenseer magic is probably rooted in blood magic/sacrifices. Each of the big magical events required the sacrifice of a lot of them (or their enemies).

Even The Wall is said by Ygrette to be "made o' blood".

49 minutes ago, Ser Knight Somerville said:

Duh, I knew that! Blonde moment here, had forgotten about them, thanks for the reminder.

2 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Yep- dude dosn't even crack a smile when he is riding a fricking dragon!

Hopefully he will talk. I will be surprised if he doesn't. He MUST have a plan, hence why he has let people live or get across to the other side before making them wights, for example. I'm thinking he was created to create defend Westeros from destruction and that is still his goal - destroy those who threaten Westeros, but that doesn't mean everyone. He will kill who he thinks is bad/causing destruction and will leave people behind to try and make a better world. If they fail, he will return. That is just my thought. 

Archived