Where will the final battle happen?

CrypticWeirwood

I think it has to be King's Landing. 

I'm of the opinion that by the end of both books and show, Westeros will be lost to the new winter. King's Landing will become the new "Heart Of Winter." The throne will be covered in snow - waiting for a new Night King.

The survivors will flee via Greyjoy ships from Blackwater bay... all the way to Meereen - where they will be greated as refugees. (Thus all the time spent in Slaver's Bay).

A new Wall will begin construction in Dorne. 

Summerhall will be the site of a new "Winterfell."

I think this will be the "bittersweet" ending. Our survivors, surviving, after losing their homes, and the Iron Throne.

Bear Island, where the last remaining heroes have escaped to. Having killed all humans, the night King has taught the dead army the skill of sailing. He had this idea while watching them haul a dragon out of a lake with chains and organizational skills. 

The ships are now landing; the dead disembarking. It is clearly the end.  

NK steps off his dragon triumphant and is hit in the head by lyanna mormont with a dragon glass hammer who was hiding behind a tree. 

The hammer shatters, the night King shatters... The entire army drops to ash and dust! que the swelling musical score...

Then Lyanna weds Podrick Payne and they repopulate the earth in the coming decades. 

The end. 

On 9/1/2017 at 4:48 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

The story started at Winterfell. It should end there. It has hot water and certainly magical barriers like Storm's End. Last place to survive the Others.

I think the name winterfell has some significance, like it being the place where winter 'fell' and spring came back. So I actually see the final battle with the NK being in winterfell.

Archived