Cersei's New Sigul?

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LOL, I was wondering during the finale if they have made her make up so monochromatic on purpose...to show the life has drained out of her or something....but it's still a TV show, I'd prefer she have a little color in her cheeks and on her lips because the totally washed out look combined with her now very, very subdued acting style...gets a little dull, for me anyway.

It's weird because she looked really powerful and stunning in that leather and chains thing, and then Daenerys came out with a very similar black leather type thing so I don't know, I like the fashion statement however at least with Cersei it's being over-used and became really fakeforced by the end of S7

2 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

This was the best image I could find quick with the "sigil" on the Queensguard they are all wearing and the same is on Cersei's crown.  I really cannot understand what it is.  The only theme is the entwined thing going on which is also on their helmets in front of their faces.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/5925d022dd0895db198b48d6/we-also-get-a-glimpse-at-the-mountain-in-his-new-queensguard-armor-the-silver-shoulder-embellishment-matches-her-new-gown-while-the-embossed-breastplate-is-a-replica-of-her-crown.jpg

Honestly when I saw it the first time and even now, it looks kind of Kraken-ish as if it's some melding with Eurine (I spell it that way on purpose, thanks spellchekers) and the Iron Islands.

Can anyone make sense of the imagery of this??

It is Cersei's crown squashed with a hammer. Check this image:

https://i.redd.it/hs8fz86wihky.jpg

You can almost see the lion's head, ears and mane if you twist your eyes.

11 minutes ago, Tucu said:

It is Cersei's crown squashed with a hammer. Check this image:

https://i.redd.it/hs8fz86wihky.jpg

You can almost see the lion's head, ears and mane if you twist your eyes.

I tried :( is it an optical illusion? 

I found this other image... it's not the actual, but one someone made

https://img0.etsystatic.com/132/1/9864136/il_570xN.1046578382_ftm9.jpg

LMAO, I'm going to go out on a limb and say when a design has to be diagrammed and annotated, it has probably failed.  If it's too abstract to understand it by looking at it online without an explanation it for sure is too abstract to be a prop on a show.  So, I have to go thumbs down on the crown and the thinking behind the design.  Plus, Cersei isn't subtle, has never been subtle, she has been in your face with everything.....so it feels wrong for the character also.

But, I can see what she was going for now. 

I just took it as Cersei wanting to make her own mark for her reign. Stylistically it matches her new gothic look. Jaime still wears the normal Lannister gear because he represents House Lannister and Casterly Rock. Cersei and her KG represent the new version of the crown 

5 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

It was never made totally clear.......... but isn't she on the throne AS the last remaining Baratheon House?  As being Robert's wife, I mean.  I don't want or mean t get all technical but they really slid that one into the story without explanation.  There has to be SOME kind of connection to Robert for her to authentically be on the Throne.  I assumed it was because no one from the Baratheon House was still alive but her.  After all, we the audience knows the difference.... but she became a Baratheon when she married Robert.

This is why I believe Gendry will ultimately inherit the Throne as a Baratheon.  I know, shoot me now, but wait until it comes out right :D.  So many of my wild predictions have come out true after being scorned initially.  Otherwise, why is Gendry still being included in the story?  Sure there could be a few reasons but cmon.... they gave him Robert's War Hammer for christ's sake.  Can't anyone see where that's leading?

Yeah she took the Baratheon name. It's the same as cat stark. If Cat had more children after Ned died they wouldn't be Starks because she's not a Stark by blood. I think she's the queen because she would have been Tommen's heir as she's the only person left related to him.

6 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

It was never made totally clear.......... but isn't she on the throne AS the last remaining Baratheon House?  As being Robert's wife, I mean.  I don't want or mean t get all technical but they really slid that one into the story without explanation.  There has to be SOME kind of connection to Robert for her to authentically be on the Throne.  I assumed it was because no one from the Baratheon House was still alive but her.  After all, we the audience knows the difference.... but she became a Baratheon when she married Robert.

This is why I believe Gendry will ultimately inherit the Throne as a Baratheon.  I know, shoot me now, but wait until it comes out right :D.  So many of my wild predictions have come out true after being scorned initially.  Otherwise, why is Gendry still being included in the story?  Sure there could be a few reasons but cmon.... they gave him Robert's War Hammer for christ's sake.  Can't anyone see where that's leading?

Gendry will probably get the Stormlands in the end but I doubt he will get the throne, unless they die I don't think it's going to end in anything else than a Targaryen restoration.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

LMAO, I'm going to go out on a limb and say when a design has to be diagrammed and annotated, it has probably failed.  If it's too abstract to understand it by looking at it online without an explanation it for sure is too abstract to be a prop on a show.  So, I have to go thumbs down on the crown and the thinking behind the design.  Plus, Cersei isn't subtle, has never been subtle, she has been in your face with everything.....so it feels wrong for the character also.

But, I can see what she was going for now. 

9 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Why isn't her crown gold?  

Are her kingsguard now dressed in black because she is supposed to be in perpetual mourning or because black is the new black or what?

Because the show runners don't understand art or their own characters.

Cersei is vane and flaunts her (aging and fading) beauty at every turn. She would wear red and gold, proudly, the colours of her house. She insisted on it when married to Robert and even hung her house colours beside his - a bit of an affront given his house was the ruling line, not hers.

D&D never seemed to quite understand the characters properly (Stannis is a key example) and there is NO WAY that Cersei would wear black as it is the colour of Dany's house.

Archived