Fantasy Football Talk

Manhole Eunuchsbane

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I know many of our purist posters on the NFL thread detest the Fantasy Talk, so in an effort to keep that thread pure, I thought I'd start a thread specifically for Fantasy bullshit. Seperate but equal, baby. ;)

:commie::commie::commie:Are we no longer relegated to Forum Games??? :commie::commie::commie:

34 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Use it as you see fit, sir. :D I just didn't want to annoy some of the fine posters in the NFL thread who get sick of seeing Fantasy Chat get posted up there.

There's fine people on both sides.

37 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Many sides. Many sides. PPR, Auction, Snake, IDPs, Straight. So many sides, people.

Oh yeah.  Over the years I've settled into limiting myself to 6 FF leagues per season.  Associated with this site, I play in the exapanded roster auction leagues of Experts and Westeros A and then there's the always interesting and challenging 16-team Thunderdome.  Also, I've run a long-standing snake draft, .5 PPR league for going on 18 years with many of my childhood friends and some of their spouses (there has been virtually no member turnover in all this time).  Then Mrs. PotN has a snake draft work league (pretty standard but does include IDP) that spouses can also join and I've been in that for several years now.  Finally, for my largest money league, I've been in a long-standing league that a friend runs that is half-auction, half-snake, limited keeper, and PPR (this is going on about 15 years now, I think, and there has been virtually no member turnover in this league either).

So, the FF league possibilities are endless!  Endless, I say!  :thumbsup:

Just now, Prince of the North said:

Oh yeah.  Over the years I've settled into limiting myself to 6 FF leagues per season.  Associated with this site, I play in the exapanded roster auction leagues of Experts and Westeros A and then there's the always interesting and challenging 16-team Thunderdome.  Also, I've run a long-standing snake draft, .5 PPR league for going on 18 years with many of my childhood friends and some of their spouses (there has been virtually no member turnover in all this time).  Then Mrs. PotN has a snake draft work league (pretty standard but does include IDP) that spouses can also join and I've been in that for several years now.  Finally, for my largest money league, I've been in a long-standing league that a friend runs that is half-auction, half-snake, limited keeper, and PPR (this is going on about 15 years now, I think, and there has been virtually no member turnover in this league either).

So, the FF league possibilities are endless!  Endless, I say!  :thumbsup:

Damn, 6? I somehow managed to get in 4 here, along with my Money League. I usually do 3.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Damn, 6? I somehow managed to get in 4 here, along with my Money League. I usually do 3.

Yeah, I found out 8, 10, 12 leagues was just a bit too much:D  So, 6 leagues has worked alright for me for a few years.  Granted, some take more maintenance than others, etc.

So, what do you think of the idea of a half-auction, half-snake draft, limited keeper (can only retain up to two players for one season only), PPR league with a weighted Rookie-only draft (i.e. the 12th place team from the prior season gets 12 ping pong balls while the first place team from the prior year gets one ping pong ball and so on in the drawing)?  The draft is at a local bar but the league is online, etc.  It's kinda funky but it's a lot o' fun.

Anyone else play in any leagues with some unorthodox rules?

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I found out 8, 10, 12 leagues was just a bit too much:D  So, 6 leagues has worked alright for me for a few years.  Granted, some take more maintenance than others, etc.

So, what do you think of the idea of a half-auction, half-snake draft, limited keeper (can only retain up to two players for one season only), PPR league with a weighted Rookie-only draft (i.e. the 12th place team from the prior season gets 12 ping pong balls while the first place team from the prior year gets one ping pong ball and so on in the drawing)?  The draft is at a local bar but the league is online, etc.  It's kinda funky but it's a lot o' fun.

Anyone else play in any leagues with some unorthodox rules?

HOLY SHIT. That's sounds pretty crazy to be honest. This is the first season I've had the guts to try auction. I've done PPR and IDPs, but that's about as exotic as I've gottten.

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

HOLY SHIT. That's sounds pretty crazy to be honest. This is the first season I've had the guts to try auction. I've done PPR and IDPs, but that's about as exotic as I've gottten.

It's kinda weird but it still seems to work.  The draft is a pretty fun event.  Friends/colleagues not even in the league show up at the draft just to help out, etc. (while enjoying some adult beverages, of course). :cheers:

I only do one league for all the marbles.  I didn't get a single player I had wanted prior to the draft, but overall pretty happy with how my roster turned out.  On paper at least, saying this before real games start.

Any thoughts on Kendall Wright? Gonna be getting more targets now that Meredith is down for the year, and his o-coordinator from '12-'13 is his coordinator for Bears now. That just happens to be the year he had 94 receptions. This is a PPR league as, well. The stars are aligning, baby!

On 9/2/2017 at 3:15 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

Any thoughts on Kendall Wright? Gonna be getting more targets now that Meredith is down for the year, and his o-coordinator from '12-'13 is his coordinator for Bears now. That just happens to be the year he had 94 receptions. This is a PPR league as, well. The stars are aligning, baby!

I figure it has to be either him or Kevin White.  Hell, they could both be fantasy relevant this year considering the Bears really don't have anyone else to throw to.

• 5 weeks later...

So... how's everyone's season going thus far? This is my first year doing Fantasy, and I'm 3-1, with another win this week very possible. I'm pretty stoked at how things are going so far and I've enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would! I completely forgot about byes though, and didn't prepare at all for it. So one of my best receivers from the Saints is on bye, and almost all of my bench is composed of Redskins players, and Dalvin Cook got out for the season, and Marshawn Lynch turned out to be shit, and there's 12 members in the league and no one worth picking up on the waiver...... naw, I got this shit.

7 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

So... how's everyone's season going thus far? This is my first year doing Fantasy, and I'm 3-1, with another win this week very possible. I'm pretty stoked at how things are going so far and I've enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would! I completely forgot about byes though, and didn't prepare at all for it. So one of my best receivers from the Saints is on bye, and almost all of my bench is composed of Redskins players, and Dalvin Cook got out for the season, and Marshawn Lynch turned out to be shit, and there's 12 members in the league and no one worth picking up on the waiver...... naw, I got this shit.

Sounds like you're doing really well for your first time out. My season so far has been a bit rough, as I think I've bitten off more than I can chew with 6 teams. The most I've ever done prior to this is 3. 

Lynch is driving me nuts as well. I think I have him on 2 teams. I really don't blame him, as the Raiders offense has seemingly gone off the rails the past two weeks, and he's not getting any carries. 

Injuries suck. They have absolutely cored my Westeros B League team. I've lost David Johnson, Julian Edelman, Cameron Meredith, and now Derrick Carr (although that should only be for a week)

The only team I have above .500 is my Dynasty team. I have 2 teams at .500 and 2 below, and one of those is 0-4. So yeah, kinda ugly at the moment.  

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sounds like you're doing really well for your first time out. My season so far has been a bit rough, as I think I've bitten off more than I can chew with 6 teams. The most I've ever done prior to this is 3. 

Lynch is driving me nuts as well. I think I have him on 2 teams. I really don't blame him, as the Raiders offense has seemingly gone off the rails the past two weeks, and he's not getting any carries. 

Injuries suck. They have absolutely cored my Westeros B League team. I've lost David Johnson, Julian Edelman, Cameron Meredith, and now Derrick Carr (although that should only be for a week)

The only team I have above .500 is my Dynasty team. I have 2 teams at .500 and 2 below, and one of those is 0-4. So yeah, kinda ugly at the moment.  

I lost Edelman too, but promptly replaced him with a somehow free agency Hogan; can't really complain about the results. 

I'm also just loving the what Kareem Hunt is doing for my team. In week 3, when I had both Hunt and Cook on my roster, I got something like 150 points, which was awesome. 

This league I'm in is pretty casual though, and no one does any trades or anything like that, and there's enough people that there isn't really much to consider when it comes to the waiver. I feel like there's this whole big element of the game that I'm missing out on :( might be a good thing for a first time FF season though. 

Archived