The political mess of seasons 6 & 7

Lord Highland

What do you think are the biggest mistakes characters make in the series politically? I'm focusing mainly on the last two seasons because previous decisions make a little more sense because they are less rushed and based more on the books.

For me, Doran's decision to not kill, or at least jail Ellaria and the three Sand Snakes is number one. I really don't understand how D&D planned all this: they had them captures in an attempt to steal the Princess, had Ellaria challenge and disrespect Doran in Jaime's presence, and then they had Doran just forget about it!?

Another big one I don't get is wtf Euron is doing. In season 6 he was elected King when said he's going to Daenerys to give her some stuff, now he wants to give it to Cersei?

Any others?

8 hours ago, Lord Highland said:

Another big one I don't get is wtf Euron is doing. In season 6 he was elected King when said he's going to Daenerys to give her some stuff, now he wants to give it to Cersei?

Well, Daenerys was a valid target as long as she was in urgent needs of ships. Now she is not in need. 

Euron targeting Cersei instead is logical. 

Archived