Hajk1984

"He has to know, we have to tell him..." WHY?

229 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. When order breaks down and people don't have good options rules get thrown out the window. 

Arya never cared about him being a bastard so that is probably not going to be the reason she doesn't think Jon should be the head of the family. 

Bran just doesn't care at this point. 

Sansa accepted him "your a Stark to me" (6x10) and when she suggests Bran should be lord of Winterfell is shut down by Bran. 

If none of the Stark siblings care about who is the "rightful" ruler why would anyone else.

its possible this also foreshadows how Jon will deal with him being the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. If none of his siblings asserted there rights vis-a-vis him, why would he assert his rights against Daenerys? 

I would be interested to know what happens if the rest of the Stark siblings/ northern lords do not agree to bending the knee and following Dany. Will the Stark siblings exert their claim then?

2 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I would be interested to know what happens if the rest of the Stark siblings/ northern lords do not agree to bending the knee and following Dany. Will the Stark siblings exert their claim then?

I would think de-facto they would have to since they would be in effect over throwing Jon in order to re-declare independence

If Jon finds out his heritage bomb, he's not going to be the PtWP, he's going to be Azor Ahai King Jon who abdicates to Dany swearing allegiance to her as ruler. He'll go fight the good fight against the WW's, die, and Daenerys finds out she's with child...with the prince that was promised.

On 9/14/2017 at 4:44 PM, Apoplexy said:

I think if there was going to be friction on this issue it would have been obvious. Sansa knows about it, as does Arya I gather. Bran certainly does (he has the scroll in his hands when Sam visits). I suspect Sansa would have already told the Northern lords and gotten them under control by the time Jon comes. The idea in the finale was that the pack is getting together, not fighting with itself. And for now, at least, Jon is the pack alpha. By the time anything about his paternity comes out they'll be fully involved in the war against the NK, and I doubt anyone will have any time for something like this.

2 hours ago, Hajk1984 said:

I think if there was going to be friction on this issue it would have been obvious. Sansa knows about it, as does Arya I gather. Bran certainly does (he has the scroll in his hands when Sam visits). I suspect Sansa would have already told the Northern lords and gotten them under control by the time Jon comes. The idea in the finale was that the pack is getting together, not fighting with itself. And for now, at least, Jon is the pack alpha. By the time anything about his paternity comes out they'll be fully involved in the war against the NK, and I doubt anyone will have any time for something like this.

HBO released the note that Jon sent Sansa after the finale. I think there was a reason for it.

1 minute ago, Apoplexy said:

HBO released the note that Jon sent Sansa after the finale. I think there was a reason for it.

Maybe because people asked them what the note that Bran had actually said?
Not everything must have an ulterior motive. :)

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Maybe because people asked them what the note that Bran had actually said?
Not everything must have an ulterior motive. :)

Maybe. But I think Jon's bending the knee will have some unpleasant consequences.

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

Yeah I've read the released letter. He takes the position of warden and proclaims Dany the Queen. Nothing substantial here that doesn't already appear in Sansa's conversation with Littlefinger. Littlefinger is the one who wants to use this to create friction. Sansa plays him and ultimately executes him. 

46 minutes ago, Hajk1984 said:

Yeah I've read the released letter. He takes the position of warden and proclaims Dany the Queen. Nothing substantial here that doesn't already appear in Sansa's conversation with Littlefinger. Littlefinger is the one who wants to use this to create friction. Sansa plays him and ultimately executes him. 

Littlefinger thought it was logically for Jon and Dany to marry which meant they were a threat to his plan to take throne for himself. In that scene he tried to turn her against Arya and Jon. He over played his hand.