Is Jon and Dany's blood relationship supposed to be a problem?

Ser Petyr Parker

10 hours ago, jcmontea said:

interesting. your in the Tyrion made a deal with Cersei camp. could be. its not my base case, but certainly possible until proven otherwise. 

for the record, I also don't think there is a love triangle per say. my base case is more that the triangle will be one focused more over influence over Dany than who shares her bed. but that is me taking the director at his word which is always dangerous. 

Well, as far as influence over Dany, any consort or husband should have some influence as they are supposed to bring assets to her cause. Maybe the Imp is hoping for a Jaime/Dany set up but who knows.

8 hours ago, valgrel said:

I think there is a deal, not about Cersei vs Dany, but about Dany's succession. Tyrion has talked with Dany about that earlier in the season, and then Cersei is supposed to have a child. After Dany's death the succession is unclear at this point, and Tyrion as hand of the Queenh wiould have influence in choice of the new ruler.  

I think it's why he is upset on the boat, Dany pregnant would ruin this plan, which will no longer exist anyway if Jon's parentage is revealed.

Could be, The Show is that callous to even suggest that a brand new incest baby of Cersie and Jaime, with no historical blood claim to the iron throne might have a chance to succeed the Targ heir as a "peaceful solution".  This, especially after all that the Lannisters have done to steal the Throne to begin with. To me, if this is in fact the Imp's plan, would make him more of a villain than the Sweet Little Good Guy the show has desperately tried to make him out to be since Season 2.

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

So Cersei negotiated a deal with Tyrion to send her armies north in return for her baby being dany’s heir even though there is no way Tyrion could guarantee that. Then she broke agreement. Why would she do that? Does she still expect Tyrion to honor his side of the deal?

Maybe Tyrion is hoping, Dany and Jon and Co all die, saving all of Westeros, including His Lannister family. The Greater Good. and he in turn, gets Casterly Rock and Godfather and hand to the newcoming Lannister incest baby. In other words, he knows that Cersei is not sending an army. What he may not know, is that Jaime is, for whatever that is worth. Now, If Dany gets pregnant, that child, no matter who it is with, would be followed if it survives as her heir if she dies, thus being a rival to Cersei's newest abomination. Whatever the reason for the Imp's depressed look at Jon and Dany's apparent bliss, it cannot be anything mean anything good for them.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

I actually don’t think that is a smart idea on his part. One its totally inpractical. How is he going go get a baby named as Dany’s heir?

But big picture he is promising something he can’t deliever that would guarantee he would be Drogon’s afternoon snack if Daenerys ever found out to get Cersei to agree to something she already was going to agree to anyway? 

IF Dany and all of her alliies get killed, there is nothing stopping House Lannister ruling the remains of everything so long as the others are defeated and Dany and co are defeatable. Tyrion only fled to Essos when it was no longer safe to serve his family, which he had known were the treal traitors etc. He longs for what he never really had, acceptance from his family and in particular, his sister. To him, there is more of a bond with them that with Dany no matter what.

• 7 months later...

From my understanding, avunculate marriages were rare in the A Song of Ice and Fire universe and in the actual middle ages. Though they pick more in time during the Renaissance and early modern era.  The earliest cases being in Western Europe was with Amaury I de Craon, and it was with his half-grandniece and Alfonso X of Castile who had his half-aunt has a mistress. I'm not sure marriages with grandnieces count has avuncular marriages or not but are usually for obtaining land rights. Jon himself is landless unless he is acclaimed by the north, I don't think marriage with Daenaerys possible. Daenerys herself will be viewed as a foreign conqueror, who would bring hundreds of Dothraki "horse savages" and burning "red demon" religion has quoted by the Faith of Seven to Westeros.

Archived