Westeros Football Keeper League

grozeng

5 minutes ago, RaceBannon42 said:

Are waivers so late because of the draft day? Will they end on Wednesdays the rest of the season?

Yeah, it is Wednesday during the season.  It is 2 days after the last game.  Right now it is 2 days after the draft for the initial waiver period so it was supposed to be Saturday 9/9.  Now that I screwed up it is 2 days from yesterday or 9/10.

3 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Yeah, it is Wednesday during the season.  It is 2 days after the last game.  Right now it is 2 days after the draft for the initial waiver period so it was supposed to be Saturday 9/9.  Now that I screwed up it is 2 days from yesterday or 9/10.

Ok thanks.

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I started Gillislee (reluctantly, I thought he'd kinda sucK) and Gostkowski.

Did you have anyone else to start?  I was looking at rosters and was going to just put people in last night, but figured there was no rush.

Posted to confirm.

A player picked up off waivers is a 6th round keeper next year, unless that player was drafted by any team, in which case he keeps his draft round.

"Lastly, I'd like to remind folks, while it is still moot, in Dynasty, once a player is cut, his contract evaporates and cannot be assumed by another owner.  This is different from Keeper, where a player keeps his draft position even if dropped (that rule is in place to prevent an owner from improving the keeper slot for a player by waiving him). "

4 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Posted to confirm.

A player picked up off waivers is a 6th round keeper next year, unless that player was drafted by any team, in which case he keeps his draft round.

"Lastly, I'd like to remind folks, while it is still moot, in Dynasty, once a player is cut, his contract evaporates and cannot be assumed by another owner.  This is different from Keeper, where a player keeps his draft position even if dropped (that rule is in place to prevent an owner from improving the keeper slot for a player by waiving him). "

Makes sense.

Based on my draft, it is highly likely that I'll be punting this year. Look for some offers -- anyone other than Kizer and Parker are available.

• 1 month later...

I had drafted for the future and hoped my wafer-thin team might still compete.  It was on life support before last night and starting two Dolphins may be the final dagger.  Fire sale underway.  Anyone I drafted in the first few rounds is available.

Week and I have a deal.  The pride of Boston College is being traded for Dalvin Cook.  Week can't keep both Cook and Dak and my 2nd rounders for next year would have been one of the unappealing pair of Big Ben or the aforementoned Matty Ice.

I didn't think I was going to keep Cook -- so, the deal was relatively free. We'll see how the next couple weeks go even if I ought to be selling at this point.

IMO the best keeper not on my roster is DeShaun Watson, drafted in the 15th round.  I didn't think I had a shot at him.  Agholor in the 21st round is the second best and Hunter Henry in the 14th is in the next three or four.

The way it looks now I may not actually draft a single player next year between the 10th and 19th rounds.

3 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

IMO the best keeper not on my roster is DeShaun Watson, drafted in the 15th round.  I didn't think I had a shot at him.  Agholor in the 21st round is the second best and Hunter Henry in the 14th is in the next three or four.

The way it looks now I may not actually draft a single player next year between the 10th and 19th rounds.

At a glance, there are a few others out there.

Hunt @ 3

Wentz @ 7

Foreman @ 14

Doctson @ 15 (maybe)

Some very good ones, to be sure.  But right now, Agholor is the #9 WR and was taken in the 21st round.

2018 18th
2019 15th
2020 12th
2021 9th

If he settles in as a WR2, that is a bargain for a VERY long time.  All for giving up a WR1 for one year, in a year where I am already toast.  Plus trading him to JJ all but ensures Julio goes back in the draft next year

My projected draft for 2018.

Round 1: Best Available Player (BAP)
2: Dalvin Cook
3: BAP
4: Derrick Henry/BAP (will only keep Henry if Titans ditch Murray)
5: BAP
6: BAP
7: Jarvis Landry or BAP
8: Alvin Kamara
9: BAP
10: John Ross/Zay Jones/Sam Bradford/Rex Burkhead/BAP
11: Hunter Henry
12: James Conner
13: Ryan Tannehill
14: Mitchell Trubisky
15: Blake Bortles/BAP
16: Julian Edelman
17: Will Fuller V.
18: Nelson Agholor
19: Jimmy Garoppolo
20: BAP
21: BAP
22: BAP

The first six rounds of the draft give me four picks where I will probably include 2 QB, 1 RB and 1WR

Leaving a roster of
QB: QB1 BAP,. QB2 BAP (Tannehill, Trubisky, Bortles?, Bradford?, Garoppolo)
RB: RB1, Cook, Kamara (Henry?, Conner. Burkhead?)
WR: WR1, Edelman, Fuller, Agholor (Landry, Ross/Jones)
TE: Henry
K/DT: As needed

Assuming no one has any objections I pushed them both through.

I would have tried for a draft upgrade in the Big Ben/Julio trade.  Swapping either 5th or 6th or even 20th/21st for the earlier pick that round.  Granted those trades are always tough because you need the person to be online for the draft and tell them who to draft with enough time to find the player.

Archived