Warden of The North

HBO released the letter Jon sent to Sansa. 

It says:

Sansa,

Cersei Lannister has pledged her forces to our cause, as has Daenerys Targaryen. And if we survive this war, I have pledged our forces to Daenerys as the rightful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. We are both coming to organise the defence of the realm. 

Jon Snow – Warden of the North. 

How do you think the North will react? Do you think Sansa told the North after Littlefinger was killed?

I think they won't be very pleased to hear that their king bend the knee, but I don't see them doing much about it.

I mean, what can they do at this time? Rebel? Doubt it. Even if there wasn't Night King to deal with, Dany has an army more than 100K strong and 2 dragons and they have what, like 5000 men. They will have to accept it.

Besides, I'm sure that Dany will give them some inspiring speach that will make them see that she is the Queen worth following.

I'm more interested to see interactions between Sansa/Arya and Dany

@King Jon Snow Stark this is a hypothetical right?  Because if HBO released that it is a pretty terrible letter.

Anyways, if I'm Sansa and I see that and it is in Jon's handwriting I find a quiet place to scream for about 3 minutes, then tell the armies to prepare for the defense of Winterfell against an invasion from the south.

I used to kind of tolerate show Jon and I hate that kneeler so much now.

1 minute ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@King Jon Snow Stark this is a hypothetical right?  Because if HBO released that it is a pretty terrible letter.

Anyways, if I'm Sansa and I see that and it is in Jon's handwriting I find a quiet place to scream for about 3 minutes, then tell the armies to prepare for the defense of Winterfell against an invasion from the south.

I used to kind of tolerate show Jon and I hate that kneeler so much now.

HBO released it. It's on the official website for the show. 

20 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

HBO released it. It's on the official website for the show. 

Well at least it does seem like authentic Jon to be completely obtuse, get straight to the point, and not expect that anyone else would have questions about it.

1 hour ago, Wolf Rider said:

I think they won't be very pleased to hear that their king bend the knee, but I don't see them doing much about it.

I mean, what can they do at this time? Rebel? Doubt it. Even if there wasn't Night King to deal with, Dany has an army more than 100K strong and 2 dragons and they have what, like 5000 men. They will have to accept it.

Besides, I'm sure that Dany will give them some inspiring speach that will make them see that she is the Queen worth following.

Littlefinger predicted a marriage between Jon and Dany. I think Arya and Sansa will be the very protective of their big brother. Arya might even make some threats. Sansa might approve of a political marriage. 

Well...

a - Sansa's internet-bro now knows Jon is really a Targ now and so may be able to be un-chosen/replaced as King of the North

b - Yeah - as mentioned above - the Northern armies aren't that strong - not even sure why Cersei wanted to keep the North neutral as they are small-fry in the scheme of things (though - if included - the allied armies of the Vale would probably double their strength.

6 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

And then you would've been stabbed in the back by your baby sister for turning against her favorite sibling.

The northern lords will react with disapproval first, it's only natural.
Once they realize that the AotD is south of the wall however, they essentially have to deal with the fact that Jon bent the knee.
The Lords are proud, not stupid. They know they can't fight both the AotD to the north and Dany's army to the south.

Jon has been a terrible king. Absolutely awful from their perspective. He was crowned, he accepted, he then told them he didn't want it, went south, didn't communicate, bent the knee. So ends the reign of King Jon II.

They will name Sansa and Dany won't have a leg to stand on. She gave the Night King a dragon that then destroyed the wall. She walks right in to a wolf's den and proclaims she has come to 'save the North'. This being the first time she's ever set eyes on the North. She's in confidence with an exiled Northern lord who himself says he's a disgrace to his house. She's named Jon Warden of the North, he doesn't even have a castle stronghold apparently. Sansa can kick him out any time.

Yes she has dragons, yes she has armies but what exactly will she do? Start war? She wouldn't get out of Winterfell alive and even if she did, she's going to lay seige to the castle when the Night King has passed the wall? 

Bran is forced to look into how to slay a dragon anyway. The Scorpion bolts will come North. The Starks should learn from the Boltons, bleed her army and then pull the trigger.

16 hours ago, Wolf Rider said:

Dany is the most skilled speaker in Westeros.  So yeah this will happen.  The NK may have to attack a few castles and destroy part of Winterfell first before the Sansa's pride and arrogance gets reduced enough to make her reasonable though.   As to the last, yeah there's bound to be friction because Sansa is crazy and can try to hold out on important information like she did with Jon.  I can't stand Sansa.  I never liked her.

They'll definitely mine some drama and conflict from Jon bending the knee, especially once it is revealed he has a stronger claim than Dany to the Iron Throne.  But besides for the drama, I don't see much coming of this.  Maybe 1 or 2 episodes of conflict between Jon/Arya/Sansa/Dany but by that time the Night King and the army of the dead will be marching on Winterfell and there won't be time for any more of that nonsense.  

I think Sansa and Arya will be disappointed with Jon's lack of political ambition and from their perspective may see Dany as playing Jon through sex but Jon can shoot back that he is preparing everyone for the Night King by getting dragons and dragonglass, which the North needed anyway to even have a chance.  

30 minutes ago, Tagganaro said:

They'll definitely mine some drama and conflict from Jon bending the knee, especially once it is revealed he has a stronger claim than Dany to the Iron Throne.  But besides for the drama, I don't see much coming of this.  Maybe 1 or 2 episodes of conflict between Jon/Arya/Sansa/Dany but by that time the Night King and the army of the dead will be marching on Winterfell and there won't be time for any more of that nonsense.  

I think Sansa and Arya will be disappointed with Jon's lack of political ambition and from their perspective may see Dany as playing Jon through sex but Jon can shoot back that he is preparing everyone for the Night King by getting dragons and dragonglass, which the North needed anyway to even have a chance.  

Dragons don't work though. Jon employed dragons and ended up giving the NK a mega weapon. He couldn't have gotten past the wall without it.

14 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

LF tried to plant seeds in her head as soon as she read it to him.  I honestly think it's the show trying to make drama where there might be some at first, but as soon as those dead fuckers smash Last Hearth or wherever they are headed, they won't object to having the dragons on their side that's for sure.  

I couldn't agree more but I think the red herring drama shall continue next season.  For that to happen of course, and get screen time, my theory re WWs cannot pass in WF is likely to have to be fulfilled.  Since I like character interaction a lot, I favour a siege on the part of the WWs re WF and some of their forces, say, marching South, that straight on battle at WF before reunions (for good or evil) take place.

2 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Dragons don't work though. Jon employed dragons and ended up giving the NK a mega weapon. He couldn't have gotten past the wall without it.

Dragons can slaughter wights by the thousands, the only question is how effective dragons are in fighting other dragons.

2 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

The Night King must have been a very accomplished archer before he was made into what he is lol either that or the guy got lucky!  It won't be so easy next time or "check mate" end of the story.  I think the extinction of the dragons will be part of the bargaining process though.  If there were just killed in battle that chip would be off the table.  The NK demands that in order to go back to "sleep."  If he won them, why would he negotiate and I think he will negotiate.  In fact I reckon that was the deal the previous time around. 

Sounds tinfoil and it probably is lol but I can see a lot of pointers there.  Also there is something very special about WF, not so much the castle but its foundations and crypts.  I guess I got two years to get to the bottom of it lol ;)

Okay, upon re-reading my post, I am not making a huge amount of sense.  Why would the NK negotiate with anyone since there is no way on Earth he can be defeated???

Still the story cannot possibly end with all humanity dead and turned into wights... so the NK would lose a lot of ground for sure, not sure how (possibly Bran's intervention but my guess is that he will cock up a lot too) but that the score Living -v- Dead will change.

Okay, we started the season with a super strong Dany team, to the point that there were various complaints in this forum saying so.  Now, whether realistic or not, this changed quickly in Cersei's favour so I guess we are going to get that kind of power switch next season too, could be wrong ;)

Archived