Warden of The North

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

The North are not squeamish about girls although there has never been a QITN, see Lyanna and Alys.

Big difference though between a head of a house and the leader (king) of all the north. Sansa can't even use a sword... Nor seems interested in learning and she betrayed her family honor by siding with the Boltons. I'd see many in the north preferring skipping over her for Jon. Arya on the other hand, being more of a warrior could win them over I think. 

Arya, Queen in the North! Queen consort, hot pie. Heard it here first 

4 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

Big difference though between a head of a house and the leader (king) of all the north. Sansa can't even use a sword... Nor seems interested in learning and she betrayed her family honor by siding with the Boltons. I'd see many in the north preferring skipping over her for Jon. Arya on the other hand, being more of a warrior could win them over I think. 

Arya, Queen in the North! Queen consort, hot pie. Heard it here first 

I like it. She'll get my vote. Let Sansa go run the Vale with Sweet Robin. 

10 hours ago, #teamNightking said:

Queen consort, hot pie. Heard it here first 

That's an odd title for him.

In a country where female regnants are called King instead of Queen, I could maybe see that, although I can't think of any examples. But when they're called Queen, their consort is usually something like Prince Consort (as in Britain) or Royal Prince.

But in his case, there's a much better answer: Why not just make Hot his title and Pie his name? Foreign ambassadors and queens being confused about what to call him, I think he and Arya would find that hilarious. And the precedent is great—centuries in the future, there will be some deadly serious Prince Albert type who's already worried about marrying a woman with more power than him and whether his children will take his name or the royal Stark name and so on, and he'll have to be called Hot Albert by long-standing tradition.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, King Jon Snow Stark said:

HBO released the letter Jon sent to Sansa. 

It says:

Sansa,

Cersei Lannister has pledged her forces to our cause, as has Daenerys Targaryen. And if we survive this war, I have pledged our forces to Daenerys as the rightful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. We are both coming to organise the defence of the realm. 

Jon Snow – Warden of the North. 

How do you think the North will react? Do you think Sansa told the North after Littlefinger was killed?

The North will be outraged until they hear the approaching army of the dead. Suddently they won't care. or atleast shouldnt. It doesnt take a rocketscientist to realize the odds are heavily stacked against them. 

On 9/2/2017 at 9:56 AM, El Guapo said:

Dragons can slaughter wights by the thousands, the only question is how effective dragons are in fighting other dragons.

The Nights King slaughtered a dragon with ease. He was barely even trying. Hell He could of easily killed evreyone on that rock but let them go. You are seriously underestimating the nights king. Being able to resurect animals, humans and power magic = vastly superior to medevial technology. Espically since severe artic winters follow him wherever he goes. 

They might be upset but I agree they won't be upset for long. In universe, part of Dany's character is that she inspires people. This is a world where too many rulers absolutely do not deserve to be a ruler. She does and people quickly recognize it. Jon certainly did because he bent the knee without having too. 

She will walk into the great hall of Winterfell say a few words and all those Northern Lords will be screaming Long Live Queen Daenerys!! Then when Jaime arrives and says Cercei betrayed them she will name Sansa her new hand and that will be that. When it's revealed Jon is Aegon Jon will be like don't worry I honor my vows you are the Queen I choose and she will say no, let's rule together and Sansa will become Wardness of the North and Hand of the Queen.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:48 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Anyways, if I'm Sansa and I see that and it is in Jon's handwriting I find a quiet place to scream for about 3 minutes, then tell the armies to prepare for the defense of Winterfell against an invasion from the south.

Why do you insist on turning Sansa into a complete moron?

It's the War of the Dawn, the Westerosi Zombie Apocalypse. They have more important stuff to worry about than who their King/Queen might be if and when they survive the whole invasion.

Also, really, splitting up the Kingdoms and/or and independent North never were a particularly good idea. And for Sansa staying connected to the South means that importing lemons for lemon cakes is easier and cheaper.

4 hours ago, MilesJames said:

The North will be outraged until they hear the approaching army of the dead. Suddently they won't care. or atleast shouldnt. It doesnt take a rocketscientist to realize the odds are heavily stacked against them. 

I agree but Its now its not Jon saying the white walkers are coming anymore. Brienne saw the wight too.  And Dany is willing to stop her conquest to help defeat them. Jon seems to have met his goals - dragonglass, getting everyone to believe him and getting an army big enough to fight the white walkers. The Lords did not. They wanted independence. They picked the wrong person for that. 

If they don't follow I wonder if that breaks the alliance with Dany and her army. I think Arya and Bran will have his back and Sansa will be hesitant. I dont think they will actually spend time on the differing goals in the north. Brienne will give a speech, Jon will give one and Dany will then give one too. Then that will be the end. 

4 hours ago, #teamNightking said:

But if they go "capture a wight" they can show the northern Lords, and get them to agree to an armistice! Brilliant!

I think the only real way to prove the wights are real is to capture the nights king and show him to the maesters. How hard could it be ?

Archived