Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

In no particular order

* Bron, learning of Jamies defection, leaves as well (bit hint here is Bronn would never report to Cersei directly, and he has in his contract never to be on set with Lena at the same time).

* Qyburn, curious as hell about the wights, leaves too. 

* Collectively these thre go to the Citadel, and convince them to release ravens to all the houses in all the kingdoms (Reach, Dorne, Stormalands, Twins, Riverlands, etc). The net result is a rag tag collection of soldiers, farmers etc form up and collectively build up a formidable army under Jamie and Bronn's command, in which Jamie leads North to aid against the battle.

* Upon arriving at Winterfell, Jamie tells Jon of Cersie intentions, and the Iron fleet getting the golden Company. He then immediately seeks out Bran, to apologize. It is here that Jamie learns that both he and Cersei are the bastard children of Aery's do to the fact of him taking liberties with Johanna during the bedding ceremony to Tywin, thus making Cersie and Jamie Dany's half siblings.

* We have a scene with Tyrion and Jamie who reflect on the irony of how they both killed their fathers

* Dany kills Cersei, fulfilling the valonqar (another targ word with no gender preference) prophecy and the younger more beautiful queen prophecy all at the same time.  

* Jamie dies heroically, charging the NK's wight dragon, thus allowing Jon to take down the NK

* Sam and Gendry collectively figure out how to forge valyrian steel, or at the very least reforge heartsbane into two usable swords, along with making of many dragon glass weapons. 

* Qyburn sets up shop making wildfire to also be used in the battle against the wights

* Gendry weds Arya, together it will be they that rule the Iron throne.

* Theon kills Euron, while rescuing Yara,  effectively thwarting the arrival of the Golden company, but then we come to learn that Jaqen has secretly killed the leader of the golden company, and assumed his face, and he leads these men to also assist against the WW's.  

* Tyrion weds Sansa, and together they rule Casterly Rock.

* Jon and Dany opt to stay in Winterfell

*Gendry and Arya take over the Iron Throne. 

*Yara is the ruler of the Iron Islands

* Edmure Tully is alive and resumes control of the riverlands

* Bronn is awarded his castle, the twins.

*Samwell Tarly resides over the Reach from horn hill

* Who cares about Dorne?

Well here goes nothing:

1. Jon finds out his parentage and angst about it for an episode while Daenerys is salty about not being the heir

2. The Others go through the North but are unable to take Winterfell

3. Battle falls to the riverlands and a major battle takes place at the Trident

4. Theon sacrifices his life to save Yara and kills Euron solidifying his redemption plot

5. Jamie, Brienne, and Arya all kill a White Walker at some point

6. Lot of secondary characters like Jorah, Berric, Tormund, etc.. bite it

7. Cersei launches an attack after the War of the Dawn

8. Daenerys and her forces crush her armies in a battle solidfying her as the younger, more beautiful queen.

9. Cersei attempts to burn the capital to the ground but an injured Jamie kills her and he himself dies somehow (idk how though)

10. Jon and Daenerys get married

11. Dany is revealed as pregnant at some point during the season

12. Cleganebowl happens in the final battle between Jon/Dany and Cersei

13. Varys attempts to betray Dany but she roasts him alive

14. Melissandre sacrifices herself to kill some wights

I think the show is definitely leaning toward a happy ending. It will be far more 'sweet' than 'bitter'. It's all fan service now and...sadly, even for a story such as GoT, the vast majority of fans DO want the fairytale ending (ie. Jon and Dany rule together as King and Queen, Tyrion's as Hand; Arya, Sansa and Bran all survive and in positions suitable for their arcs, fan faves like Davis, Hound and Bronn to survive). It may not go exactly like that, but I'm expecting similar. 

I think even Martin's ending (if he ever finishes the books) is going to be more happy than people expect. It isn't going to be a bloodbath where the Others wipe out most of Westeros and most of our favourite characters except a few.

19 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think the show is definitely leaning toward a happy ending. It will be far more 'sweet' than 'bitter'. It's all fan service now and...sadly, even for a story such as GoT, the vast majority of fans DO want the fairytale ending (ie. Jon and Dany rule together as King and Queen, Tyrion's as Hand; Arya, Sansa and Bran all survive and in positions suitable for their arcs, fan faves like Davis, Hound and Bronn to survive). It may not go exactly like that, but I'm expecting similar. 

I think even Martin's ending (if he ever finishes the books) is going to be more happy than people expect. It isn't going to be a bloodbath where the Others wipe out most of Westeros and most of our favourite characters except a few.

If you could have it your way, what would your perfect ending to this epic be?

On 9/2/2017 at 7:41 PM, Vibalist said:

- The ghost of Ned Stark appears after all is said and done, to tell his children how proud he is of them.

- He then resurrects Robb and Oberyn, and they form the new Justice League.

lol

On 9/2/2017 at 9:08 PM, Error-504 said:

I

* Theon kills Euron, while rescuing Yara,  effectively thwarting the arrival of the Golden company, but then we come to learn that Jaqen has secretly killed the leader of the golden company, and assumed his face, and he leads these men to also assist against the WW's.  

That's a good call. It would be very satisfying to see Jaquen pop back up from nowhere and neutralize the Golden Company. He's not as compelling a character, but I suppose Darrio could also serve this function.

I have a feeling that the Theon/Yara/Euron thread will be wrapped up within the first few episodes.

Another tradition, which I have noticed in major HBO shows, is that a central character will bite it a few episodes shy of the finale (Six Feet Under & The Sopranos both did this) For this reason I think we could lose Jamie and Cersei around episode 4.

There are lots of theories out there for where the final battle with The Walkers will take place? Most seem to settle on either Winterfell or King's Landing. I would lean towards a Second Battle of the Trident. This would provide a new setting and would tie-in thematically with Jon and Rhaegar's intertwined destinies.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:45 AM, Newstar said:

Season 7 dropped a lot of anvils that spelled out certain parts of S8 pretty clearly

4. Varys and Melisandre will die.

I'm really curious about this one, because Melisandre walked out of the series (she promises to return) and Varys hasn't really done.....well, anything.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:45 AM, Newstar said:

Season 7 dropped a lot of anvils that spelled out certain parts of S8 pretty clearly:

1. There will be a miracle Jonerys baby. 

2. Jon and Dany will get married.

3. Cleganebowl will happen.

4. Varys and Melisandre will die.

I thought the only thing predicted about Varys was that he would die in Westeros, I don't recall anything that stated in would be sooner as opposed to later. He could just die of a ripe old age of 100, but still be in Westeros. 

4 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

I thought the only thing predicted about Varys was that he would die in Westeros, I don't recall anything that stated in would be sooner as opposed to later. He could just die of a ripe old age of 100, but still be in Westeros. 

Technically correct, but D&D aren't that subtle. Besides, Varys wouldn't have looked as alarmed otherwise.

2 hours ago, MrJay said:

Generic fantasy ending #9,001. I have honestly lost all hope for this show. 

Absolutely agree. I started season 7 with a shred of hope but it drowned with Jaime and I haven't been able to find a Bronn to miraculously pull in out of the water for me!

7 hours ago, MrJay said:

Generic fantasy ending #9,001. I have honestly lost all hope for this show. 

It has lost its way. What made ASOIAF so unique in the books and in the early seasons of the show was, yes it had some fantasy, a little magic...whatever, but it wasn't about that. Those things were background and tertiary. What was center stage was interesting characters with complex moral dilemmas and excellent dialogue. It was dark and gritty and realistic. It never pandered to the audience and if it seemed to, there was a slap down soon to come. 

Now? I feel if Jaime is safe in his life preserver plot armor, all the favorite characters are safe; but none of us are safe now from stupid plot devices in order to lead to the ah ha gotcha moments and the typical fantasy tropes. Dragons are center stage now, resurrection, magic... Bran and the Night King, visions and prophesy. 

And maybe this is also the fate of the books as the story progresses....to some degree

But give me the intrigue and plots of yesteryear any day over immortal Jaime, capture a wight plans, and omniscient robo Bran flakes. 

Sigh

I forgot about the Clegane brothers. That was telegraphed as well.

So make that four: Daenerys is pregnant and gives birth; Jaime kills Cersei; the Faceless Men kill Arya; and Clegane v. Clegane. 

Also, now that I think about it, we are pretty much guaranteed that Daenerys beats the Others because she is going to be alive nine months after where we are in the story right now. 

1. Jon and Dany have a baby. It's been shoved down our throats too much that she can't possibly ever be pregnant. The child will probably rule in the end because D&D will think that's the bittersweet thing to do. But the pregnancy will happen because it was referenced once, "who would rule after Dany" (just so the show runners can say, see we left clues alllll along.).

2. Cersei and Euron will politically marry. He can never please her as much as Jamie could though...

3. Arya will kill Cersei (because screw the books and the valonqar prophecy, it's all what the people want to see! And no, she won't use Jamie's face, though maybe in the books it will happen. The show isn't bothering with the Valonqar).

4. Dany dies, the show continues to force down my throat how amazing of a ruler she is and kind and caring. She pops out a child though while dying. Time is a fluid thing in GOT.

5. Brianne dies but I really hope she hooks up with Jamie. Because it would be comical at this point.

6. Bronn lives.

7. Cleganebowl. Confirmed. But mostly because the fans want it, so D&D will give it to them.

8. Jon will probably die at the end fighting the Night's King. It seems their fates are meant to end at each other's hands.

9. Arya will just continue being a crazy ninja killer and never "find her pack" though that wasn't ever really a thing in the show.

10. Sansa will marry someone and have lots of babies. She will rule Winterfell.

11. Davos continues to be the comic relief, and I think I will continue to enjoy his jokes, especially when it concerns grammar.

12. Tyrion rules the iron throne because someone has to after the tragic deaths of our beloved heroes, Jon and Dany. So why not Tyrion?

13. Finally the biggest one. They show Ghost for about a whole hour in the show. Then of course, have Ghost killed off. Probably even have a WW piss on it, just to prove the point that the show doesn't care about direwolves.

If there's 'Cleganebowl', I hope The Hound dies. It would be a nice, fitting ending and an opportunity to salvage him as a character. By challenging his brother, he proves incapable of putting aside his thirst for vengeance and violence, and ends up paying for it.

11 minutes ago, Vibalist said:

If there's 'Cleganebowl', I hope The Hound dies. It would be a nice, fitting ending and an opportunity to salvage him as a character. By challenging his brother, he proves incapable of putting aside his thirst for vengeance and violence, and ends up paying for it.

I agree, but I feel like at best they both die. So he doesn't completely "lose" since that's how the viewers will see it.

Archived