Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

39 minutes ago, MrJay said:

Allow me to disagree. But understand that it's just symantics. 

"Fanservice" is dumb. It's the dude walking in on a sexy girl mid shower kind of dumb. Like Sandor walking up to his brother and saying he is coming, or Gendry commenting on his rowing etc.

What you want Is an epic display of skill and heroism. That's fine and I support that. It would be a breath of fresh air to see a heroic figure do something that puts people at awe. 

The issue (as Broseph above said) is whether it's done right. Which I don't think these guys are capable of. It will come off cheesy and groan inducing as well as be done in a way so improbable that it will breed more criticism that will bitter your enjoyment of the scene if heard long enough. 

I hope you get this, and for the sake of both our sanity I hope it's done well. I don't wanna see Daeny do an upside down one hand grab and launch Jon on her dragon like Legolas on that horse. 

Yea. I think we are talking semantics. 

By fan service I just mean give me what I want. And what I want is to see the characters I have been following for the entire story distinguish themselves in this final hour and bring the story home in a way that is satisfying to their arcs and doesn’t leave me feeling this whole story was nihilistic. 

We got so much nihilsm and the worst of humanity through so much of the story and we have Cersei for that at the end still alive and still kicking to make us wonder if it wouldn’t be best for the living to lose. What I would like to see is for the main characters on team dragon/ wolf to show off why the living should win and why life is worth fighting for in the face of death personified. Beric says death is the enemy and the enemy always when yet still we must fight. I want to actually see these people act in way that makes me think yes they should fight. As you said well, an epic display of both skill and heroism. 

I don’t need to see Jon and Daenerys fighting over the throne, or Tyrion betraying Daenerys or any of the other infighting that would make me think let the NK win. 

Is that a happy ending? I don’t know. There has already been so much tragedy in the tale and these characters are all so emotionally scared at this point that not sure many of them could ever really be happy. They just need to reflect on their journeys at the end and that will inject a whole lot of bitter.

Now whether D&D deliver..... who knows. It won’t be perfect. Hopefully its good enough to be satisfying. 

14 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. I think we are talking semantics. 

By fan service I just mean give me what I want. And what I want is to see the characters I have been following for the entire story distinguish themselves in this final hour and bring the story home in a way that is satisfying to their arcs and doesn’t leave me feeling this whole story was nihilistic. 

We got so much nihilsm and the worst of humanity through so much of the story and we have Cersei for that at the end still alive and still kicking to make us wonder if it wouldn’t be best for the living to lose. What I would like to see is for the main characters on team dragon/ wolf to show off why the living should win and why life is worth fighting for in the face of death personified. Beric says death is the enemy and the enemy always when yet still we must fight. I want to actually see these people act in way that makes me think yes they should fight. As you said well, an epic display of both skill and heroism. 

I don’t need to see Jon and Daenerys fighting over the throne, or Tyrion betraying Daenerys or any of the other infighting that would make me think let the NK win. 

Is that a happy ending? I don’t know. There has already been so much tragedy in the tale and these characters are all so emotionally scared at this point that not sure many of them could ever really be happy. They just need to reflect on their journeys at the end and that will inject a whole lot of bitter.

Now whether D&D deliver..... who knows. It won’t be perfect. Hopefully its good enough to be satisfying. 

While I understand your perspective and I can see the appeal of heroism after so much pessimism and nihilism; it would just feel dishonest to the world GRRM built at this point. I don't mind a happy ending, per se - but it just can't end with the perfect Jon Snow and the perfect Daenarys coming on top. It has to be atypical, sorrowful in one manner or another. It's an unconventional story for its genre that deserves an unconventional ending.

Which brings me to my personal prediction - Jaime's the real hero of the story, and the threat won't be solved with fire and blood but with the careful hand of diplomacy.

I should probably post my tinfoil theory about that in a separate thread....

15 hours ago, MrJay said:

Allow me to disagree. But understand that it's just symantics. 

"Fanservice" is dumb. It's the dude walking in on a sexy girl mid shower kind of dumb. Like Sandor walking up to his brother and saying he is coming, or Gendry commenting on his rowing etc.

What you want Is an epic display of skill and heroism. That's fine and I support that. It would be a breath of fresh air to see a heroic figure do something that puts people at awe. 

The issue (as Broseph above said) is whether it's done right. Which I don't think these guys are capable of. It will come off cheesy and groan inducing as well as be done in a way so improbable that it will breed more criticism that will bitter your enjoyment of the scene if heard long enough. 

I hope you get this, and for the sake of both our sanity I hope it's done well. I don't wanna see Daeny do an upside down one hand grab and launch Jon on her dragon like Legolas on that horse. 

Fanservice? Or "Fanserivce?"

1 hour ago, Фейсал said:

While I understand your perspective and I can see the appeal of heroism after so much pessimism and nihilism; it would just feel dishonest to the world GRRM built at this point. I don't mind a happy ending, per se - but it just can't end with the perfect Jon Snow and the perfect Daenarys coming on top. It has to be atypical, sorrowful in one manner or another. It's an unconventional story for its genre that deserves an unconventional ending.

Which brings me to my personal prediction - Jaime's the real hero of the story, and the threat won't be solved with fire and blood but with the careful hand of diplomacy.

I should probably post my tinfoil theory about that in a separate thread....

I guess we disagree on what the world GRRM built to this point is about. I think there is also a hierarchy when it comes to what i would want to see. 

At a core thematic level, I think a big part of this series is death and what gives life meaning in the face of death, why life is worth living despite death and ultimately why its worth fighting for. I don't think the answer we are getting from GRRM is a nihilist one. At least I don't think so based on the way Ned Stark's legacy is looking a lot better at the end of  season 7 than it was at the end of season 3. So at the core, I want an ending that embraces a non-nihilist view and is able to provide some reason to the core question of why the living should win instead of death, which is ultimately what the NK represents.

If the core protagonists degenerate into conflict and acrimony than it feels like we are trending towards a what the hell was the point of following these people for 8 years nihilist territory and honestly at that point I would rather just see the NK win. 

Now how that specifically plays out, I am open to any ending that gives a reason why life is worth living so long as it is one that is appropriately foreshadowed is not a shock for shocks sake sort of ending and brings to a conclusion the core characters arcs in a satisfying way. An unconventional ending that is well plotted, well foreshadowed and fits thematically sure. An unconventional ending just to have an unconventional ending no thanks. 

I certainly have a preference regarding specifics but I can be satisfied with any ending so long as it adheres to what I mentioned above. 

As an aside, I don't think Jon Snow and Dany are perfect. Jon is a reckless risk taker who is in his position in large part because of dumb luck not necessarily skill. Dany is slighly more competent - in part because she is blessed with more natural gifts i.e. dragons and the handy ability not to be burnt (on the show) - but even she makes a lot of mistakes and has a tendency towards being excessively ruthless and depends on her advisors to keep her in check.

I think what differentiates them is more their vision than their perfection. In a world dominated by rulers who look out only for their own interests, they see their role as leaders as being more than that: 

"why do the gods make kings and queens, if not to protect the ones who can't protect themselves?..... Justice.... that's what kings are for" - Dany ASOS 

Predictions:

1. Meera Reed will return in Season 8, together with her father Howland Reed, and her mother Jyana.

2. Jyana is actually Ashara Dayne. She was one of those maids, present in Tower of Joy, when Jon was born, and Lyanna died.

3. Sword of Arthur Dayne the Dawn, is buried with Lyanna in crypts under Winterfell.

4. Jon will kill Night's King with this sword. Same as sword of Azor Ahai, the Dawn is made out of meteorite.

5. Commander of Golden Company, or someone out of their high ranks, is Daario Naharis in disguise.

6. Manager of Iron Bank is Jagen H'ghar (Faceless Man) in disguise. Tycho Nestoris is actually one of Jagen H'ghar's fake personas.

Spoiler

He knew that Arya killed Meryn Trant, because he saw her spying after him, on the day when she was supposed to kill the "Thin man".

"Tycho receives Mace Tyrell when the latter arrives in Braavos to renegotiate the kingdom's terms with the Iron Bank. Though polite, Tycho seems to dislike Tyrell, whose bumbleness clashes with Tycho's polite dignity. On the way to the bank, Mace offers him fine wines from the Arbor as a token of esteem but Tycho politely declines. (<- this is when Arya was following them) After negotiating with Mace for some time, Tycho leads his guest outside to bid him farewell, but Mace keeps talking, stating that singing is a skill that anyone can learn. To prove that, he immediately starts singing a song, much to Tycho's disapproval."

7. Faceless Man/Girl asked Arya who was on her list, because Jagen H'ghar still owns her one death. He will kill Cersei.

8. Valonqar from the prophecy about Cersei's death is Arya.

Spoiler

Faceless Men are followers of the same religion, and they are serving to the same god. So they refer to each other as brothers/sisters. Arya was training to become one of them, thus she was little sister, or valonqar.

Cersei will be killed by both of them - Arya will order Jagen to cross Cersei's name out of her list, and Jagen will execute her. He is a Faceless Man, a No one, and Arya is his little sister, valonqar. So in the prophecy Cersei's real killer isn't named, because he is No one, but his little sister was named as valonqar. Prophecy didn't specified whether it will be Cersei's younger sibling that will kill her, it just said that she will be killed by valonqar. But actual meaning of that prophecy is that Cersei will be killed by No one's valonqar, and No one.

9. Arya and the Hound together will kill the Mountain. For this Arya will use two Valiryan swords - Brienne's Oathkeeper (given to her by Jaime), and Jaime's Widow's Wail <- those two swords used to be one huge sword Ice, that belonged to Ned Stark. Probably Arya's current sword Needle will break in a battle. So as a grown up girl, she will throw away her brother's sword, and take her father's sword.

10. Jaime will die. Probably he will be killed by the Mountain. But after that, he will be reanimated by Night's King, thus Brienne will have to kill him with Oathkeeper, to protect Arya from him. (After that Arya will take both of their swords, and fight with them against the Mountain.)

11. Qyburn will lit up wildfire on Cersei's final order, and Red Keep will explode.

12. Dany will die, but she will be revived by Melisandre, who will give all of her powers to bring her back to the world of living. As result of it, she will become old, and she will ask Dany to be burned by her dragon. Death by fire, especially dragon fire, is considered by Red Priests as purest form of death, a blessing from their god.

13. Varys will be trapped by his Birds. Trap will be set up by Cersei, or by Euron. Dany will also become a victim of Varys' professional incompetence as Master of Whispers.

14. Theon will die saving Yara.

15. Arya + Gendry.

16. After battle of northeners against Undead Army, Night's King will escape with Ice Dragon to King's Landing.

17. Jon will chase after him on Drogon.

18. Ice Dragon will mortally wound Rhaegal.

19. Dolorous Edd will become a wight, and will be offed by Jon.

20. Yara will become Queen of Iron Islands.

21. Tyrion will become Lord of Casterly Rock, and Warden of the West.

22. Sam will become Grand Maester.

23. Gendry will become Lord of Stormlands.

24. Robin Arryn will die during Long Night.

25. Edmur Tully will die during Long Night.

When Season 8 will be in progress, I will return to this thread and count % of my correct guesses. ^_^

9 hours ago, Megorova said:

Predictions:

Reveal hidden contents

He knew that Arya killed Meryn Trant, because he saw her spying after him, on the day when she was supposed to kill the "Thin man".

"Tycho receives Mace Tyrell when the latter arrives in Braavos to renegotiate the kingdom's terms with the Iron Bank. Though polite, Tycho seems to dislike Tyrell, whose bumbleness clashes with Tycho's polite dignity. On the way to the bank, Mace offers him fine wines from the Arbor as a token of esteem but Tycho politely declines. (<- this is when Arya was following them) After negotiating with Mace for some time, Tycho leads his guest outside to bid him farewell, but Mace keeps talking, stating that singing is a skill that anyone can learn. To prove that, he immediately starts singing a song, much to Tycho's disapproval."

8. Valonqar from the prophecy about Cersei's death is Arya.

Reveal hidden contents

Faceless Men are followers of the same religion, and they are serving to the same god. So they refer to each other as brothers/sisters. Arya was training to become one of them, thus she was little sister, or valonqar.

Cersei will be killed by both of them - Arya will order Jagen to cross Cersei's name out of her list, and Jagen will execute her. He is a Faceless Man, a No one, and Arya is his little sister, valonqar. So in the prophecy Cersei's real killer isn't named, because he is No one, but his little sister was named as valonqar. Prophecy didn't specified whether it will be Cersei's younger sibling that will kill her, it just said that she will be killed by valonqar. But actual meaning of that prophecy is that Cersei will be killed by No one's valonqar, and No one.

There is NO valonqar prophecy in the show.

33 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

True and not true.

on the one hand there is no explicit valonquar propehcy on the show. 

Yet on the other hand you can develop a very well grounded theory that Jaime will die with Cersei using purely show quotes and analysis. 

So while they did not give us Valonqar, they did give us enough to come to the same conclusion. 

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

on the one hand there is no explicit valonquar propehcy on the show. 

Yet on the other hand you can develop a very well grounded theory that Jaime will die with Cersei using purely show quotes and analysis. 

Jaime/Cersei is one thing; but to elaborate a far-fetched theory based on a "valonqar prophecy" that is never mentioned in the show is almost an obsessional delirium IMHO…

9 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

So what? ^_^

There's lots of differences between books and show, nevertheless all core moments/point are the same.

There's no valonqar in the show, but based on valonqar prophecy in the books, Cersei will be killed by Arya and No one.

So on the show Cersei also will be killed by Arya and No one.

But on the show, instead of valonqar prophecy, they will use Jagen's debt to Arya, as a reason why the two of them will be near Cersei, at the same time, and use this opportunity to kill her.

7 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

but to elaborate a far-fetched theory based on a "valonqar prophecy" that is never mentioned in the show is almost an obsessional delirium IMHO…

I'm basing my far-fetched theory exclusively on information given in the show.

Though hints that Cersei will be killed by Arya+No one, are present both in the show, and in the books. In books it's (among other clues) valonqar prophecy, and in the show it's a series of foreshadowings.

1. Jagen still owns one death to Arya.

She asked him to kill Tywin Lannister, but he went away before that, and Jagen had other stuff to deal with, so instead he helped Arya and her friends to escape from that castle. Which doesn't nullify his debt to her. He still has to kill one more person, that she will point out to him. There's only two people left on her list, and there's another person who also wants to kill the Mountain - the Hound. Thus Arya will tell Jagen to kill Cersei.

2.1. When Arya left Braavos, she told Jagen that she's going home to Winterfell (even though originally when she returned to Westeros, first she went to Twins to kill Walder Frey, then she was going to King's Landing to kill Cersei, and to Winterfell she went spontaneously, just because she met Hot Pie in a tavern, and he told her that Jon is at Winterfell).

2.2. She also told to Faceless her list.

2.1. + 2.2. = Jagen knows where she went + he knows who's left on her list, thus he is able to track her, he knows where she is, and where she will go. For what other reason this information was inserted into show, if not for Jagen to help Arya to finish her list?

3. The Hound survived for the sole reason to later kill the Mountain. In latest scene between them, it was said that next time they will fight.

4. Conversation between the Hound and Brienne is a foreshadowing that the Hound and Arya will meet again. The Hound wants to kill the Mountain, and the Mountain is also on Arya's list, and the Mountain is guarding Cersei, who is also on Arya's list <- so based on this, it is obvious that there will be a final show down 'Arya and Hound vs Mountain'.

5. Faceless Men give iron coins as 'entry tickets' to 'recruits' that wish to join them in The House of Black and White. Iron coins are very expensive. There's a connection between founders of The House of Black and White, and founders of Iron Bank. Those two factions are founders of Braavos, and two main powerful factions of this city. But actually they are one.

Even their mottos have basically the same meaning:

(motto of Iron Bank - "The Iron Bank will have its due." Motto of Faceless Men - "Valar Dohaeris/All men must serve")

- You'll pay.

This is from GOT, by Tywin Lannister:

"One stone crumbles and another takes its place and the temple holds its form for a thousand years or more. And that's what the Iron Bank is, a temple. We all live in its shadow and almost none of us know it. You can't run from them, you can't cheat them, you can't sway them with excuses. If you owe them money and you don't want to crumble yourself, you pay it back."

Doesn't it sound all too similar to Faceless Men?

There are other hints that suggest that Tycho Nestoris is Jagen H'ghar. Though I won't write them, too long.

6. In sparring against Brienne, Arya fought with both hands, with Needle in one, and Valiryan dagger in the other. That's not even a hint, it was clearly shown that she can wield sword with either hand.

Arya is a strong fighter, and she has Valiryan weapon, which means that she will fight against White Walkers. WW's ice-weapons destroy any other weapon that isn't made from dragonglass, or Valiryan steel. Thus if Arya will fight with Needle against WW, then Needle is a goner.

If by some miracle the Needle will survive thru Arya's battle against WW, and Arya will take Needle with her to KL, to fight against the Mountain, then the Needle will break because of Mountain's armor. This sword wasn't designed for fighting against opponents wearing armor. Jon never thought that Arya will really have to use this sword to fight, and defend her life with it. Basically it's a toy weapon. And so far it saved Arya, because it's a very well made toy weapon. But it has its limits, and I think that to fight against the fully armored Mountain is that limit.

Needle and short dagger (even if it's made from Valiryan steel) isn't enough to fight against the Mountain. Though if Arya and the Hound will come from Winterfell to King's Landing, then it's obvious that Jaime and Brienne will also go there. Jaime to Cersei, and Brienne to protect Arya. Thus both their swords will be near Arya - Oathkeeper + Widow's Wail = Ice, ancestral sword of Starks. That sword belonged for millenias to Stark family, so eventually it will be returned to them. Bran is a cripple, Sansa isn't a fighter, Jon already has a Valiryan sword (furthermore he will probably find the Dawn sword and fight with it), so the only Stark left is Arya. And Arya can wield sword with both hands, thus she will take both swords.

7. Cersei's business with Iron Bank isn't finished yet. Golden Company that she sent Euron to hire, are residents of Free Cities. It's likely that Cersei will hire GC thru Iron Bank. Thus manager of IB will be near Cersei, during her collaboration with GC.

8. GC are mercenary sellswords, same as was Daario Naharis' Second Sons. And Jorah Mormont was also member of GC, before he pledged his sword to Viserys. Thus if Cersei will hire GC, when they will come from Essos, Daario Naharis will be amongst them.

9. GC will betray Cersei in the same manner as her father Tywin betrayed Mad King. Thus she will use her final weapon - wildfire. Jaime will try to stop her, and become a Queenslayer. Though this time he will be stopped, because Cersei is protected by the Mountain. Last time Cersei ordered the Mountain to draw his sword against Jaime. Then she stopped him, but next time she won't (especially if by that time she will lose their baby, and will blame for it Jaime and his betrayal). Jaime will be killed by the Mountain. So who else, aside from him, has any chance to get to Cersei?

There's no other options - only Arya. So she will kill Cersei. Even though there's no valonqar prophecy in the show.

Out of those 9 points, 6 are pure facts, 7 & 8 are logical assumptions, while only 5th (Tycho Nestoris is Jagen H'ghar) is a far-fetched speculation bordering on fanfiction.

We will see ^_^

44 minutes ago, Megorova said:

So what? ^_^

There's lots of differences between books and show, nevertheless all core moments/point are the same.

There's no valonqar in the show, but based on valonqar prophecy in the books, Cersei will be killed by Arya and No one.

So on the show Cersei also will be killed by Arya and No one.

But on the show, instead of valonqar prophecy, they will use Jagen's debt to Arya, as a reason why the two of them will be near Cersei, at the same time, and use this opportunity to kill her.

I'm basing my far-fetched theory exclusively on information given in the show.

Though hints that Cersei will be killed by Arya+No one, are present both in the show, and in the books. In books it's (among other clues) valonqar prophecy, and in the show it's a series of foreshadowings.

1. Jagen still owns one death to Arya.

She asked him to kill Tywin Lannister, but he went away before that, and Jagen had other stuff to deal with, so instead he helped Arya and her friends to escape from that castle. Which doesn't nullify his debt to her. He still has to kill one more person, that she will point out to him. There's only two people left on her list, and there's another person who also wants to kill the Mountain - the Hound. Thus Arya will tell Jagen to kill Cersei.

2.1. When Arya left Braavos, she told Jagen that she's going home to Winterfell (even though originally when she returned to Westeros, first she went to Twins to kill Walder Frey, then she was going to King's Landing to kill Cersei, and to Winterfell she went spontaneously, just because she met Hot Pie in a tavern, and he told her that Jon is at Winterfell).

2.2. She also told to Faceless her list.

2.1. + 2.2. = Jagen knows where she went + he knows who's left on her list, thus he is able to track her, he knows where she is, and where she will go. For what other reason this information was inserted into show, if not for Jagen to help Arya to finish her list?

3. The Hound survived for the sole reason to later kill the Mountain. In latest scene between them, it was said that next time they will fight.

4. Conversation between the Hound and Brienne is a foreshadowing that the Hound and Arya will meet again. The Hound wants to kill the Mountain, and the Mountain is also on Arya's list, and the Mountain is guarding Cersei, who is also on Arya's list <- so based on this, it is obvious that there will be a final show down 'Arya and Hound vs Mountain'.

5. Faceless Men give iron coins as 'entry tickets' to 'recruits' that wish to join them in The House of Black and White. Iron coins are very expensive. There's a connection between founders of The House of Black and White, and founders of Iron Bank. Those two factions are founders of Braavos, and two main powerful factions of this city. But actually they are one.

Even their mottos have basically the same meaning:

(motto of Iron Bank - "The Iron Bank will have its due." Motto of Faceless Men - "Valar Dohaeris/All men must serve")

- You'll pay.

This is from GOT, by Tywin Lannister:

"One stone crumbles and another takes its place and the temple holds its form for a thousand years or more. And that's what the Iron Bank is, a temple. We all live in its shadow and almost none of us know it. You can't run from them, you can't cheat them, you can't sway them with excuses. If you owe them money and you don't want to crumble yourself, you pay it back."

Doesn't it sound all too similar to Faceless Men?

There are other hints that suggest that Tycho Nestoris is Jagen H'ghar. Though I won't write them, too long.

6. In sparring against Brienne, Arya fought with both hands, with Needle in one, and Valiryan dagger in the other. That's not even a hint, it was clearly shown that she can wield sword with either hand.

Arya is a strong fighter, and she has Valiryan weapon, which means that she will fight against White Walkers. WW's ice-weapons destroy any other weapon that isn't made from dragonglass, or Valiryan steel. Thus if Arya will fight with Needle against WW, then Needle is a goner.

If by some miracle the Needle will survive thru Arya's battle against WW, and Arya will take Needle with her to KL, to fight against the Mountain, then the Needle will break because of Mountain's armor. This sword wasn't designed for fighting against opponents wearing armor. Jon never thought that Arya will really have to use this sword to fight, and defend her life with it. Basically it's a toy weapon. And so far it saved Arya, because it's a very well made toy weapon. But it has its limits, and I think that to fight against the fully armored Mountain is that limit.

Needle and short dagger (even if it's made from Valiryan steel) isn't enough to fight against the Mountain. Though if Arya and the Hound will come from Winterfell to King's Landing, then it's obvious that Jaime and Brienne will also go there. Jaime to Cersei, and Brienne to protect Arya. Thus both their swords will be near Arya - Oathkeeper + Widow's Wail = Ice, ancestral sword of Starks. That sword belonged for millenias to Stark family, so eventually it will be returned to them. Bran is a cripple, Sansa isn't a fighter, Jon already has a Valiryan sword (furthermore he will probably find the Dawn sword and fight with it), so the only Stark left is Arya. And Arya can wield sword with both hands, thus she will take both swords.

7. Cersei's business with Iron Bank isn't finished yet. Golden Company that she sent Euron to hire, are residents of Free Cities. It's likely that Cersei will hire GC thru Iron Bank. Thus manager of IB will be near Cersei, during her collaboration with GC.

8. GC are mercenary sellswords, same as was Daario Naharis' Second Sons. And Jorah Mormont was also member of GC, before he pledged his sword to Viserys. Thus if Cersei will hire GC, when they will come from Essos, Daario Naharis will be amongst them.

9. GC will betray Cersei in the same manner as her father Tywin betrayed Mad King. Thus she will use her final weapon - wildfire. Jaime will try to stop her, and become a Queenslayer. Though this time he will be stopped, because Cersei is protected by the Mountain. Last time Cersei ordered the Mountain to draw his sword against Jaime. Then she stopped him, but next time she won't (especially if by that time she will lose their baby, and will blame for it Jaime and his betrayal). Jaime will be killed by the Mountain. So who else, aside from him, has any chance to get to Cersei?

There's no other options - only Arya. So she will kill Cersei. Even though there's no valonqar prophecy in the show.

Out of those 9 points, 6 are pure facts, 7 & 8 are logical assumptions, while only 5th (Tycho Nestoris is Jagen H'ghar) is a far-fetched speculation bordering on fanfiction.

We will see ^_^

Too much importance is attached to a secondary character / zombie, as is the mountain.

1 hour ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

Too much importance is attached to a secondary character / zombie, as is the mountain.

Yes, he's important. Because of collateral reasons.

1. He killed first wife of Rhaegar, and his Targaryen children. <- thus Dany is his enemy.

2. He killed Oberyn Martell. <- because of this Dorne joined Dany in her conflict against Cersei.

3. He helped Cersei to kill Margaery and other Tyrells. <- that's why Olenna and The Reach joined Dany.

4. He's one of two people left on Arya's list.

5. He's protecting the other one left on Arya's list.

6. He's archenemy of the Hound. <- the only reason why Hound is still on GOT, is to show to viewers Cleganebowl.

7. After battle against Undead Army will be over, whoever will survive it, will come to kill Cersei. And to get to her, they will have to go thru the Mountain.

And that's how secondary character became cross point of all plot lines. He's like Rome in that old saying - All roads lead to Rome ^_^

Archived