Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 minutes ago, Caterina Sforza said:

If the NK doesn't bring Viserion into play immediately, then, it might make sense. It is a bit far fetched for me still, but it depends how they (writers and director) will play it. I just don't want to see another Beyond the Wall situation/plot armour. :mellow:

Yea. It only makes sense if the NK is also hesitant to bring his dragon into play because of the odds of fighting a two on one battle. 

If Vicerion is in the field doing damage than the protagonists don’t really have a choice

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

If it all almost works out for her would be a real travesty.

I think Jaime leaving her was signs of things to come; it's all downhill from here for her.

9 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

dealing with one danger at the time, and who's gonna be first question (WW or KL?).

I personally think the AotD will make it South but I think for the most part @btfu806 is right: Cersei will primarily be the subplot. We'll deal with the real story everyone cares about while occasionally cutting back to Cersei bring a cow in King's Landing. I think Euron will be the "mid-season" baddie that gets dealt with. NK will be the boss in the big "f-yeah penultimate episode battle-for-the-win". If he hasn't already brought the war to Cersei, she'll get captured or try to run away at some point before big-epic-battle(tm), and if she isn't killed in the conflict, JnD will probably off her once D has the IT in the final episode.

Oh yeah and I guess Bran will finally do something seeing as Bloodravenlite and FrankenBenjen said he'll be key to defeating the NK.

...Then D has her inevitable baby and they all go to the beach with NK to have that Littlefinger BBQ with a side of Cersei and bowl of Euron I mentioned. Roll credits. B)

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Ugh, I really want you to be wrong about the GC but I agree. Them showing up is not going to do much other than betray Cersei, there is nothing else that would make sense (and they already kinda had that with Euron... so why have him and the GC?).
I hope all the plots converge but I don't see D&D being able to pull it off in a realistic, or genuine way. If they attempt it, it won't make sense. But I am going to guess Cersei ends up being just a sub plot while the real battle of the north takes over, sort of how the Stark girls were last season with all the action really being Jon and Dany and "the meeting"

I actually wonder if Euron won't just, y'know, steal the GC for himself. He really doesn't have much reason to help Cersei -- it'd be funny if it was his plan all along to steal the GC from her. It really depends on how much they actually appear.

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, I would be happy to see Dany die, but it seems doubtful that will happen...more likely Jon dies, and Dany lives and she and Tyrion raise the magic fire and ice baby.  

The books and the series show that greatness is hard to maintain.  Both started off strong and have seemingly lost their way, lost sight of what made them special and interesting in the first place.

I do agree that there is a sense of diminishing returns on many of the later plot twists, especially in the show, where these deaths or twists have much less resonance than in the earlier years/books.  It's a shame, really.

Jon is the magic fire and ice baby, his son/daughter will be 75% fire and 25% ice = no balance. :read:

25 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

Jon is the magic fire and ice baby, his son/daughter will be 75% fire and 25% ice = no balance. :read:

Technically Jon is 50% targaryen and 50% blackwood on his father side. Even less Targaryen if you go further back beyond Aegon V’s generation so not sure the idea of it being all blood makes sense at all much less that its about balanced blood. 

50 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Technically Jon is 50% targaryen and 50% blackwood on his father side. Even less Targaryen if you go further back beyond Aegon V’s generation so not sure the idea of it being all blood makes sense at all much less that its about balanced blood. 

I don't think GRRM cares about real-world genetics.

Personally, I believe Jon's real name is Aegon in the books and he's the son of ice and fire, the balance, the prince that was promised, etc. I don't think Jon's heir will be special or magical, but the baby will symbolize hope, a future for Westeros, a dream of spring, etc.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

So what are the odds of:

• The Night King being the final enemy
  • Cersei being the final enemy
  • Euron being the final enemy

Just for starters.

NK will be the final enemy, no matter what. He's the one this has all been building up to. He's the one bringing a literal nuclear winter to the world. He's the one with the biggest army in the world at the moment. I foresee his final showdown being the big penultimate episode battle.

Cersei is already losing her lustre so I do not foresee her having enough oomph to be the final enemy (as in epic boos battle). As I said earlier, she might make it to the last episode but she'll have nothing going for her. She'll go out with a whimper.

Euron might be the mini mid-season boss for Theon. Seriously, unless he is stealing the GC for himself all he has is his navy, which can't do much against half a million wights, a dozen White Walkers and a dragonrider NK. He really doesn't matter in this version of the story.

28 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

Personally, I believe Jon's real name is Aegon in the books and he's the son of ice and fire, the balance, the prince that was promised, etc. I don't think Jon's heir will be special or magical, but the baby will symbolize hope, a future for Westeros, a dream of spring, etc.

He is going to bring balance to the force? 

45 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

The others/ice/eternal winter vs the dragons/fire/eternal summer, but I'm sure you already know that. :rolleyes:

I really hope they don’t pull that in the tv show. Sounds like too much of a wanabe star wars idea without the appropriate set up.

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

ASOIAF is full of cliches/tropes, Dany and Jon falling in love and saving the world together? Mmh. :read:

Which part of that is the cliche? The two heros falling in love or two heros saving the world? What movie does that most remind you off? 

Maybe the cliche is used so often it doesn’t remind me of something specifically. Maybe their family history and the fact that Dany has her own hero journey and is not merely “the chick” trope makes it different enough. Not sure.

But it doesn’t remind me of something exactly where as Jon being born to bring balance between fire and ice just brings back way too many Phantom Menace memories and is a bit too on the nose. But that is just me. Maybe the execution will be great.

7 hours ago, Faera said:

NK will be the final enemy, no matter what. He's the one this has all been building up to. He's the one bringing a literal nuclear winter to the world. He's the one with the biggest army in the world at the moment. I foresee his final showdown being the big penultimate episode battle.

This. I want to see this happening.

8 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

Question. Are we sure that in the undying house vision, when Dany sees Rhaegar with a woman and a baby, that woman is Elia? Why are people convinced that she is Elia? If I remember correct, the woman's name isn't mention, right?

5 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

ASOIAF is full of cliches/tropes, Dany and Jon falling in love and saving the world together? Mmh. :read:

He's not foreign to cliches/tropes. People take Dany and Jon as an example (smth that hasn't happened in the books, although I do think it will) but what about Ygritte and Jon? Isn't that a cliche?

Anyway, cliches/tropes aren't bad per se. It always depends how you use them. I think in this case you have so many possibilities. It's not just a "love story". There are clashing interests. It creates a situation that has the potential to undermine the greater good because of the possibility of a clash between the two and a third party to manipulate them both. 

p.s. By the way, this was posted on twitter by GrayArya: 

I don't know if this is a confirmation, or they are just going with the usual programming and then see, but Thrones cast is a SkyAtlantic after show that airs directly after GOT in the UK. 

5 minutes ago, Caterina Sforza said:

It's not just a "love story". There are clashing interests. It creates a situation that has the potential to undermine the greater good because of the possibility of a clash between the two and a third party to manipulate them both. 

Its actually a pretty interesting relationship. Lots of similarities to Renly/ Stannis. Of course there is the obvious difference that Renly and Stannis could not resolve their problems by getting married and rulling jointly. 

20 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Its actually a pretty interesting relationship. Lots of similarities to Renly/ Stannis. Of course there is the obvious difference that Renly and Stannis could not resolve their problems by getting married and rulling jointly. 

It is indeed very interesting. There are so many questions.

Will Jon tell her as soon as he learns the truth? It's not smth to be taken for granted. If I was in his situation and with the NK at the gates, I would probably hold that information. Just an example. He'll probably be a mess, emotionally and psycologically when he learns the truth. It's not just his parentage, but the fact that she is his aunt as well. How does this affect them and what effect will have on the others....Sansa, Arya, the Lords of the North, Tyrion? It could easilly become a mess.  

8 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Which part of that is the cliche? The two heros falling in love or two heros saving the world? What movie does that most remind you off? 

Maybe the cliche is used so often it doesn’t remind me of something specifically. Maybe their family history and the fact that Dany has her own hero journey and is not merely “the chick” trope makes it different enough. Not sure.

But it doesn’t remind me of something exactly where as Jon being born to bring balance between fire and ice just brings back way too many Phantom Menace memories and is a bit too on the nose. But that is just me. Maybe the execution will be great.

It's probably the terminology I'm using but it's a recurrent theme in fantasy: bringing order/peace to the "realm", the hidden prince, the chosen one, etc. I'm sure the execution will be great.

Dany is more of a Leia figure than a Padme figure, in terms of importance? GRRM wanted Luke and Leia to end up together. :lol:

2 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

Question. Are we sure that in the undying house vision, when Dany sees Rhaegar with a woman and a baby, that woman is Elia? Why are people convinced that she is Elia? If I remember correct, the woman's name isn't mention, right?

"He has a song," the man replied. "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany's, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. "There must be one more," he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say.

He's not foreign to cliches/tropes. People take Dany and Jon as an example (smth that hasn't happened in the books, although I do think it will) but what about Ygritte and Jon? Isn't that a cliche?

Anyway, cliches/tropes aren't bad per se. It always depends how you use them. I think in this case you have so many possibilities. It's not just a "love story". There are clashing interests. It creates a situation that has the potential to undermine the greater good because of the possibility of a clash between the two and a third party to manipulate them both. 

I agree, I don't mind cliches when they are well written and make sense for the story, Jon and Dany are both complex characters. 

I don't know if this is a confirmation, or they are just going with the usual programming and then see, but Thrones cast is a SkyAtlantic after show that airs directly after GOT in the UK. 

Hopefully! 

17 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

So what are the odds of:

• The Night King being the final enemy
  • Cersei being the final enemy
  • Euron being the final enemy

Just for starters.

In the books: the NK will be the final enemy, only thing that makes sense, with Cersei dying much earlier and Euron just being Euron (though I have a feeling he will help Dany in the books, but that may just be me).

In the show: It's probably going to be split between NK and Cersei. D&D just love her too much to not have her play a prominent role near the end. Euron is a weird wild card to me in the show. Like they want him to be some other bad guy for us to root for but he doesn't have much plot going on (or maybe his plot is just spread all over the place that I don't get what his purpose is yet).

13 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

Since this hasn't happened in the books, I agree that the show falls into more cliches than I would like. Will the books have them falling in love, maybe, but I think it's going to be more of an arranged marriage to better westeros thing. Not a falling in love thing.

But I think it's fair to say Jon and Dany's relationship and their family relationship, make it a little more complicated than most cliches and tropes. And they haven't saved the world together yet..... Will the show have them do it, maybe. But again, I think the books will be different.

Archived