Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Great video. There is great symbolism with the NK destroying the throne room as well. 

Seems clear now it is the ww theme. Although if true suggests the idea of the walkers getting a dragon has been around for years

8 hours ago, Dragonsbone said:

I was just trying to explain that GRRM might be wrong, not that he is. As far, the book series is not over, so we have to wait. But if the consensus differs from his opinion at the end, then he indeed has failed if he has approached something different. 

I myself am still not quite sure what the inner message of the book is. I need the resolution to judge by myself. 

I don't think there's a unifying message. It's just a bunch of themes that GRRM is interweaving together that is relevant to society like the costs of war, how ugly feudalism is, the whole idea of kings and power being one big illusion, can people be redeemed, duty versus love and how hard reforming society is.  

The closest thing to a message is that being a hero is worth it even if you're never acknowledged for it, never rewarded for it or come to a bad end for it. You'll probably never achieve all your goals but progress is built on the graves of the heroes that come before you and after you. And if you fail then there will be someone in line waiting to take up your mantle and role.

For instance, Ned Stark leads to Robb Stark leads to Jon which will lead to the WW's defeat. 

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Great video. There is great symbolism with the NK destroying the throne room as well. 

Seems clear now it is the ww theme. Although if true suggests the idea of the walkers getting a dragon has been around for years

I disagree with the NK destroying the throne room. 

It seems pretty clear by now that the Bran Them All theory is the correct endgame theory.

Summary: Bran wargs Drogon to blow up KL when the NK and his army invade it sacrificing the people there to win. 

Bran's first chapter is about taking life and how he will someday have to make that choice.

Bran has visions linking him to wildfire, dragons, the white walkers and Aerys screaming "Burn Them All".

The Three Eyed Crow shows Bran visions that he should fight to win and that fighting honorably doesn't allow you to win. (Ned Stark beats Arthur Dayne through dishonorable methods. Howland Reed stabs him in the back)

Jojen keeps talking about how Bran's the most important player in the whole series and there's a point where he shows Bran a vision. 

Jojen: This, this isn't the end.

Meera: How will we know the end?

Jojen: -hand goes up in flame- You'll know the end.

Jojen repeating that the kings of Westeros and all their armies can't stop the White Walkers and implies that only Bran can.

D & D talking about how the vision of the dragon flying over KL is most relevant to Bran's future.

I can see Bran warging into Viserion, but destroying KL? Just no.

Jojen, Bloodraven, CoTF, Summer, Hodor all these people died protecting Bran all this time, so he could end up destroying? It doesn't make any sense to me. 

The snow in KL doesn't necessarily mean it's the NK either. The snow started in KL in the season 7 finale already. It could be very well Dany herself.

4 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I disagree with the NK destroying the throne room. 

It seems pretty clear by now that the Bran Them All theory is the correct endgame theory.

Summary: Bran wargs Drogon to blow up KL when the NK and his army invade it sacrificing the people there to win. 

Bran's first chapter is about taking life and how he will someday have to make that choice.

Bran has visions linking him to wildfire, dragons, the white walkers and Aerys screaming "Burn Them All".

The Three Eyed Crow shows Bran visions that he should fight to win and that fighting honorably doesn't allow you to win. (Ned Stark beats Arthur Dayne through dishonorable methods. Howland Reed stabs him in the back)

Jojen keeps talking about how Bran's the most important player in the whole series and there's a point where he shows Bran a vision. 

Jojen: This, this isn't the end.

Meera: How will we know the end?

Jojen: -hand goes up in flame- You'll know the end.

Jojen repeating that the kings of Westeros and all their armies can't stop the White Walkers and implies that only Bran can.

D & D talking about how the vision of the dragon flying over KL is most relevant to Bran's future.

For as logical as that theory is, not sure it has more evidence than the actual white walker music playing during the scene of the destroyed throne room. That is super direct foreshadowing. The above while logical still relies on a series of assumptions and i have seen many thoeries like that turn out wrong.

1 hour ago, Caterina Sforza said:

Jojen, Bloodraven, CoTF, Summer, Hodor all these people to protect Bran, all this time, so he could end up destroying? It doesn't make any sense to me. 

The snow in KL doesn't necessarily mean it's the NK either. The snow started in KL in the season 7 finale already. It could be very well Dany herself.

The video is not saying its the snow that is the tell. Its saying the music is the tell. Specifically the WW theme plays when she enters the throne room and when she looks up to see the hole in the roof.

4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

The video is not saying its the snow that is the tell. Its saying the music is the tell. Specifically the WW theme plays when she enters the throne room and when she looks up to see the hole in the roof.

In the first part he said that too. But the music is quite a strong foreshadowing indeed. The only problem I have with that theory is that if the NK arrives to KL, that means WF has fallen. I don't see the WW passing by and just leave it there, and I have difficulties thinking a Westeros without WF. You never know though. That could be it. The most bitter part.

13 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Yep, Inspector TT busted this case wide open!

Once I heard the two tunes back to back... no doubt. It is the WW theme. Actually made me feel excited.

If this is taken into consideration...

Spoiler

We might be able to surmise that the controlled fire-tests at the King's Landing built set could be due to an attack from the NK and Viserion rather than crazy Cersei wildfire or Daenerys burning the place out. I wouldn't rule out Cersei possibly using wildfire as a response to NK and Viserion attacking but my money is on red. By which I mean white. White Walker. ;)

6 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

Jojen, Bloodraven, CoTF, Summer, Hodor all these people to protect Bran, all this time, so he could end up destroying? It doesn't make any sense to me. 

You are absolutely correct about Bran. No way is he the one who does it because it wouldn't achieve anything. I know he's gone robotic and weird now but he's not evil.

Prior to seeing that video, I might have agreed with you but TT's video has added another layer to this that cannot be brushed off. It has nothing to do with snow in KL either; it's the music. I realised it immediately once he pointed it out but I went back to listen a few times with headphones in just to make sure -- the beat of the WW theme plays while Daenerys is looking around the destroyed throne room.

So, that music is a subtle foreshadowing that is only just starting to make sense now.

The prime candidates for who burned down the throne room at this point in time: Cersei's wildfire, Daenerys with Drogon, or NK with Viserion. TT immediately pointed out, wildfire probably wouldn't have done that top-down damage or preserved the walls of the building, indicating an aerial attack. So, we're looking at a dragon. Given the big deal they made about Dany not wanting to attack King's Landing with her dragons - reinforced by Jon - no, I think they wanted to make it clear that Dany will not attack human settlements with her dragons. Certainly not now.

That essentially leaves NK with Viserion as the prime candidate for the destroyer of the throne room.

1 hour ago, Caterina Sforza said:

The only problem I have with that theory is that if the NK arrives to KL, that means WF has fallen. I don't see the WW passing by and just leave it there, and I have difficulties thinking a Westeros without WF. You never know though. That could be it. The most bitter part.

Maybe it falls. It's called Winterfell.

But actually, no. It doesn't mean Winterfell fell. Think about the ideas we have all been tossing around about an attack on Winterfell. I simply couldn't logically accept that NK wouldn't just immediately blow a hole in the walls -- so the question arose: what if NK isn't using Viserion on Winterfell straight away?

A very good reason (which I might have stated before...?) would be if NK simply isn't there. The attack on Winterfell and the rest of the North could be conducted by the other White Walkers and the AotD while NK goes ahead to create more troops. Now he's mounted, he can get around much faster.

EDIT: Plus, it would be very GoT to have such a feint or fakeout. They've done it plenty of times before. Jon, Dany, Jaime, the whole of Winterfell and their armies dragonglassed up and everyone else all geared up for NK and planning on how they're going to take him and Viserion out (Because destroying the Mothership causes all the Drones to implode). Daenerys is all upset but she's ready to do what must be done. They've got their plan, the AotD are coming... only for Bran to suddenly have a *gasp* moment as he realises. "NK isn't coming to us." Where is he? Bringing death and destruction to a completely different part of Westeros, blowing up homes and settlements and raising countless more dead.

God, imagine if he hits Oldtown...

14 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Yeah, but there is also the fact that I think that Bran's vision is more important than what the video says, it appears twice in the show, the first one in s4 IIRC.

But there is also the fact, as @Cridefea told me when I was discussing it with her that in s7 behind the iron throne there is the Lannister symbol, and in the video it doesn't appear It could either be a goof or maybe that we don't have to take into consideration the prophecies as completely literal. But yeah, the ww theme is definitely there. Now I'm more convinced than I was before that they will at least be there.

I suppose first of all they will attack WF, and then the action will al move to KL, with the Starks, Dany and the WWs, and Cersei until the end playing a bit part in that city, presumably.

30 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, but there is also the fact that I think that Bran's vision is more important than what the video says, it appears twice in the show, the first one in s4 IIRC.

But there is also the fact, as @Cridefea told me when I was discussing it with her that in s7 behind the iron throne there is the Lannister symbol, and in the video it doesn't appear It could either be a goof or maybe that we don't have to take into consideration the prophecies as completely literal. But yeah, the ww theme is definitely there. Now I'm more convinced than I was before that they will at least be there.

I suppose first of all they will attack WF, and then the action will al move to KL, with the Starks, Dany and the WWs, and Cersei until the end playing a bit part in that city, presumably.

yes, could be a goof, but it's strange. It would be a  really important scene, why change the symbol in s7? Maybe it's not so literal...

As for Bran's visions in s6 I'm interested in the dragons frames. They are so fast that I can barely see them, but I'm wondering if they are related or not. Two different shots from a same point of view? not sure.

1 hour ago, Faera said:

Yep, Inspector TT busted this case wide open!

Once I heard the two tunes back to back... no doubt. It is the WW theme. Actually made me feel excited.

If this is taken into consideration...

Reveal hidden contents

We might be able to surmise that the controlled fire-tests at the King's Landing built set could be due to an attack from the NK and Viserion rather than crazy Cersei wildfire or Daenerys burning the place out. I wouldn't rule out Cersei possibly using wildfire as a response to NK and Viserion attacking but my money is on red. By which I mean white. White Walker. ;)

You are absolutely correct about Bran. No way is he the one who does it because it wouldn't achieve anything. I know he's gone robotic and weird now but he's not evil.

Prior to seeing that video, I might have agreed with you but TT's video has added another layer to this that cannot be brushed off. It has nothing to do with snow in KL either; it's the music. I realised it immediately once he pointed it out but I went back to listen a few times with headphones in just to make sure -- the beat of the WW theme plays while Daenerys is looking around the destroyed throne room.

So, that music is a subtle foreshadowing that is only just starting to make sense now.

The prime candidates for who burned down the throne room at this point in time: Cersei's wildfire, Daenerys with Drogon, or NK with Viserion. TT immediately pointed out, wildfire probably wouldn't have done that top-down damage or preserved the walls of the building, indicating an aerial attack. So, we're looking at a dragon. Given the big deal they made about Dany not wanting to attack King's Landing with her dragons - reinforced by Jon - no, I think they wanted to make it clear that Dany will not attack human settlements with her dragons. Certainly not now.

That essentially leaves NK with Viserion as the prime candidate for the destroyer of the throne room.

So curious what you think but I don’t think its actually the WW theme at all any more. I think those drums come from the beggining of the theme called the Wall which is the first Night Watch theme from the season 1 soundtrack. Of course that was before the formal WW theme was introduced in season 3 and there are shared elements between the wall, night watch and white walker themes so its hard to be certain. 

Having said that, I still think symbolically it makes the most sense for the NK to destroy the red keep. As Cersei said in 7x07, the threat of the walkers makes everything they have been fighting for in vain. What better way to show that than to literally have the NK destroy what they have been fighting for. 

5 hours ago, Cridefea said:

yes, could be a goof, but it's strange. It would be a  really important scene, why change the symbol in s7? Maybe it's not so literal...

maybe the symbols are destroyed before? or someone else sits on the iron throne?

As for Bran's visions in s6 I'm interested in the dragons frames. They are so fast that I can barely see them, but I'm wondering if they are related or not. Two different shots from a same point of view? not sure.

I think the dragon vision is important.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

So curious what you think but I don’t think its actually the WW theme at all any more. I think those drums come from the beggining of the theme called the Wall which is the first Night Watch theme from the season 1 soundtrack. Of course that was before the formal WW theme was introduced in season 3 and there are shared elements between the wall, night watch and white walker themes so its hard to be certain. 

So, I had a listen.

Definitely, see what you mean about the drums at the very beginning annnnnnnnnnd your suggestion also inspired to go back and listen to what is arguably the "original" White Walker theme (before they got an actual theme in S3) -- 'North of the Wall'. Not only does it have the low humming drums... it also has that same couple of high bell-clangs that echoes faintly Daenerys's vision, at the moment when she looks up to see the damage done to the roof. I think what we are looking at here is a genuine mash of the Wall-North of the Wall, which makes sense since the WW hadn't been given an official theme until S3. Prior to that, it was 'North of the Wall' and 'Three Blasts'.

Either way, this has White Walker prints all over it. Y'know, if they were capable of leaving them. Book 'em! ;)

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Having said that, I still think symbolically it makes the most sense for the NK to destroy the red keep. As Cersei said in 7x07, the threat of the walkers makes everything they have been fighting for in vain. What better way to show that than to literally have the NK destroy what they have been fighting for. 

The irony of Cersei's words is that they were empty when she said them. She saw them as a threat to her enemies that she could sit out...

But yes, I agree. Music-themes aside, this is so true. Having the WW just come in and destroy the Red Keep, destroy the throne room and leave the Iron Throne in that cold, sparse space... that's the money shot, really.

11 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

Jojen, Bloodraven, CoTF, Summer, Hodor all these people died protecting Bran all this time, so he could end up destroying? It doesn't make any sense to me. 

Because this is the way you win. With a great sacrifice. 

Bloodraven is a utilitarian. The ends justify the means. He kills Aenys Blackfyre under a flag of peace because he thought it was the right choice. 

Drogon is Lightbringer, Bran is the one drawing him and the people of KL are Nissa Nissa.

In fact, GRRM has done something similar with one of his protagonists from another series. Tuf sterilized a planet for the greater good in his last story. 

10 hours ago, jcmontea said:

For as logical as that theory is, not sure it has more evidence than the actual white walker music playing during the scene of the destroyed throne room. That is super direct foreshadowing. The above while logical still relies on a series of assumptions and i have seen many thoeries like that turn out wrong.

WW music doesn't mean anything besides that the White Walkers are involved.

The Bran Them All theory stipulates that Bran will be doing this with Drogon when the White Walkers are in KL. It's the moment that Bran turns the tide for humanity. 

Bran is the person that the story has been building up as the most important.

1 hour ago, Faera said:

So, I had a listen.

Definitely, see what you mean about the drums at the very beginning annnnnnnnnnd your suggestion also inspired to go back and listen to what is arguably the "original" White Walker theme (before they got an actual theme in S3) -- 'North of the Wall'. Not only does it have the low humming drums... it also has that same couple of high bell-clangs that echoes faintly Daenerys's vision, at the moment when she looks up to see the damage done to the roof. I think what we are looking at here is a genuine mash of the Wall-North of the Wall, which makes sense since the WW hadn't been given an official theme until S3. Prior to that, it was 'North of the Wall' and 'Three Blasts'.

Either way, this has White Walker prints all over it. Y'know, if they were capable of leaving them. Book 'em! ;)

The irony of Cersei's words is that they were empty when she said them. She saw them as a threat to her enemies that she could sit out...

But yes, I agree. Music-themes aside, this is so true. Having the WW just come in and destroy the Red Keep, destroy the throne room and leave the Iron Throne in that cold, sparse space... that's the money shot, really.

Yea. i think we are on the same page. totally agreed it is the money shot. 

what do you think of Jon's quote in 7x07? do you think it will happen? 

"Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city. They're about to become a million more soldiers in the Army of the Dead."

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

WW music doesn't mean anything besides that the White Walkers are involved.

The Bran Them All theory stipulates that Bran will be doing this with Drogon when the White Walkers are in KL. It's the moment that Bran turns the tide for humanity. 

Bran is the person that the story has been building up as the most important.

I am well aware of the theory. I have read both articles and I have had extensive discussion with the author of it on Reddit. 

I am just not convinced that everything in this series is building towards Bran killing 1 MM people to save the world and to have the story so clearly embrace a utilitarian ends justify the means philosophy as the theory postulates. 

He will clearly do something against the NK as the NK is clearly a greenseer as well so Bran's skills will be key to facing him. Just not sure him becoming a dragon rider when there is no need for more dragon riders to destroy KL is it. 

Not to say it won't happen. I just am not 100% sold on it. 

Also, I am not sure the TV show has really been building Bran up as the most important character. If we go by screen time than there is no question that Bran is WAY behind in terms of importance than Jon, Tyrion and Dany. If we go by what people say in universe its also not clear. Jon and Daenerys are considered the messiah amongst an entire religion and are embodiments of the living legend trope. Supposedly GRRM said the point of the story is those two coming together.

So Bran might in fact be the most important character in the end. He is def. the most powerful single character. But I don't think most people watching this show would say yup the story is building that guy up as the most important. Up to now he has just been a device to move along the plot. Need Jon to go beyond the wall? lets have bran tell him the NK is marching. Need to reveal Jon's parentage without bringing in a whole new character? lets have Bran witness it. Need a way for Sansa to find out how horrible Littlefinger is? lets have her talk to Bran. 

Ok, the show has definitely not showed Bran as the most important character, but I think we will have lots of surprises in regards to what characters who don't seem as much important now could be doing at the end. I think there will be lots of "heroes" in the end.

Liam on s8

So it was all new to us, and it is just, ‘Oohs,’ and, ‘Ahhs’. It is as it was in the past, it is just beautiful storytelling.

Huge surprises. Wonderful stuff. I can safely say it will be a fantastic, fantastic finish to this incredible story.

https://winteriscoming.net/2017/12/05/liam-cunningham-season-8-scripts-feature-beautiful-storytelling-huge-surprises/

Archived