Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It would be great if Bran was the General Commander of the Great War, the Strategy department along with Sam. If only they added the part in which he communicates with his siblings or Theon through dreams and weirdwoods, it would be nice if that was done telepathically. But I can buy him and Sam somehow telling others what to do.

They're gonna be those two guys in the bunker, watching all the security cameras and doing all the intel work. I don't know if Bran will be able to tell them what to do through telepathy because they never established that the Starklings and Theon have the ability to communicate with the weirwood trees. If they introduced it now, it'd probably feel like it was coming out of nowhere.

5 hours ago, divica said:

I think it would be much better to have the WW separate, raising the dead in diferent locations and attack the major cities so that the threat is global. The NK and main army would obviously focus in winterfel but other places would also be attacked!

It certainly makes more sense for the AotD to divide up rather than stick together. We've already seen that they do have a concept of a scouting party, as we had that White Walker with the small band in 6x06.

Given NK is mounted, he may as well go on ahead and raise more dead. That way he can attack every corner of Westeros in one go and it would make the goal of taking him out and hopefully destroying the vast majority (if not the whole) AotD the primary concern.

NK doesn't seem to be affected by fire so even if Dany burned down KL or Cersei set off wildfire to try and kill him, there is no guarantee it would work. They might even do a cool parallel where he just... walks out of the flames like Dany. Then put all the fires out because he brings the cold or whatever. "Close, but no cigar!"

20 hours ago, jcmontea said:

That is a pretty big fumble if your right. Like leave people fundamentally unsatisfied with the story fumble. 

In terms of what those visions could mean, who really knows right. But there are several possible explanations and just because I or you can't think of the right one doesn't mean there is not an alternative one. But here is my best guess

Bran's big super power is the ability to see through space and time. When the three eyed raven told him he could fly it meant he would fly through space and time like... a raven. The way his power has manifested and come in handy up until now is by seeing through space (e.g. the NK is marching on KL) and time (e.g. Robert's Rebellion was built on a lie). The first vision he had in 4x02 was seeing key snippets of the story but because he was still a novice all he saw were snippets. In 6x06 after more training and becoming the 3ER he saw more: similar types of images but more of them to reflect that he was better trained but he still does not understand the full significance. Now in season 8 with the aid of Sam he will finally understand the full picture - how to actually destroy the NK once and for all and how the past of the story (e.g. Rhaegar's actions, Robert's Rebellion etc.) tie into the present - and be able to help the main protagonists of the story win the war. He will do this through knowledge and by overcoming the NK's own unique green-seer abilities which gives him a special clairvoyance and control over the dead. The reason why the picture of the dragon over KL is the most critical picture is because that symbolically represents the final battle, KL when dragons will fly over the city and dance, and where the living will triumph over the dead and the NK with his help. 

This is really vague and doesn't actually foreshadow anything. In fact, Bran is no longer the focus of the vision in your scenario whereas D & D say that the visions are about Bran and mastering his powers. 

Not sure why you're so against the idea that Bran will warg a dragon. He's likely the third head of the dragon because of it. (Although I acknowledge that the three heads are only a thing in the books)

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Not sure why you're so against the idea that Bran will warg a dragon.

I used to be convinced he would. Now, I'm not so sure because I don't see what it would achieve, It might happen in the show for the sake of fanservice, though, so you never know.

The only logical reason I can think for Bran taking control of a dragon would be to try and help Jon/Dany kill Viserion.

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

This is really vague and doesn't actually foreshadow anything. In fact, Bran is no longer the focus of the vision in your scenario whereas D & D say that the visions are about Bran and mastering his powers. 

It would foreshadow both the final battle being at KL and that part of Bran’s purpose is piecing together the whole picture of the story if that quickly spun up tinfoil is correct. 

Not sure why you're so against the idea that Bran will warg a dragon. He's likely the third head of the dragon because of it. (Although I acknowledge that the three heads are only a thing in the books)

Thats a good question. So I am not actually super opposed to Bran warging a dragon in theory. It strikes me as redundant since we have two living dragons and one dragon rider and another highly likely dragon rider, but I am not really opposed to the idea of Bran warging a dragon in general. 

What I am opposed to - and I am not sure opposed is the right word so much as I don’t like the idea and thinks it is dumb - is the exact specifics of Bran them All and the follow up theory described in Lightbringer. 

So I guess less dislike for the idea in general than the actual way that idea is being turned into a fully formed theory. 

14 minutes ago, Faera said:

I used to be convinced he would. Now, I'm not so sure because I don't see what it would achieve, It might happen in the show for the sake of fanservice, though, so you never know.

You never know. Although not sure most would think this would qualify as fan service 

https://weirwoodleviathan.wordpress.com/2017/10/26/lightbringer-a-theoretical-outline-of-season-8-episode-3/

have you read that?

14 minutes ago, Faera said:

The only logical reason I can think for Bran taking control of a dragon would be to try and help Jon/Dany kill Viserion.

That makes sense. 

16 minutes ago, Faera said:

It doesn't matter how many quotes people pull to justify it, even the shinest thesis cannot dress up a fundamentally flawed idea.

Lol. So true. Its a really bad idea. The fiery hand screaming lightbringer as they burn? Missendei losing faith in her queen.... the whole thing just reads like bad fan fic. 

2 hours ago, Faera said:

I just told you what it would achieve. The destruction of KL and army of the dead.

Side-note: Aerys believed he would turn into a dragon by blowing up KL. Bran would turn into a dragon to blow up KL. 

Also take into account that TWOW says that a new god will be born from the mass graves. I mean what's your perspective on that?

There's only two real candidates: Euron and Bran. I don't think Euron could succeed at that without upstaging the Others so it must be Bran.

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

It would foreshadow both the final battle being at KL and that part of Bran’s purpose is piecing together the whole picture of the story if that quickly spun up tinfoil is correct. 

Thats a good question. So I am not actually super opposed to Bran warging a dragon in theory. It strikes me as redundant since we have two living dragons and one dragon rider and another highly likely dragon rider, but I am not really opposed to the idea of Bran warging a dragon in general. 

What I am opposed to - and I am not sure opposed is the right word so much as I don’t like the idea and thinks it is dumb - is the exact specifics of Bran them All and the follow up theory described in Lightbringer. 

So I guess less dislike for the idea in general than the actual way that idea is being turned into a fully formed theory. 

The problem with the NK burning KL is that it's just a killing machine killing a city of people. There's no drama in it. And the NK is even less of a character than God Bran. He has no relation to anyone, he doesn't talk and he doesn't have any other motives besides killing people. I have a similar problem with Cersei doing it because she's just a psycho doing it because she's evil.

It's like the difference between Hitler genociding the Jews and the US nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  

One is pure evil and isn't debateable and the other is in a gray area that we can debate on. Was it justified? Was it not justified? 

We know Cersei has been ruled out of blowing KL up because it's dragonfire that's hitting the streets so it can only be one of 4 people responsible: NK, Daenerys, Jon and Bran.

Show Jon wouldn't do it. God Bran would. NK wouldn't because he wants to recruit people not burn them all. And Daenerys might do it.

And again, Bran has been called the most important person and the one that can stop the army of the dead. Not the Night's Watch and not the kings of Westeros. 

How did Sauron lose? It wasn't through force of arms. Similar concept and Bran is the Frodo of the series.

29 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

The problem with the NK burning KL is that it's just a killing machine killing a city of people. There's no drama in it.

That is actually false. The NK did not just magically pull a dragon out of his ass. The NK has a dragon because of decisions the three main protagonists made. It is literally their fault he has a dragon and their weapon of mass destruction ended up in the wrong hands. And those decisions were driven by a goal which was not achived. Additionally, for one of those three main protagonists, that weapon is her dead child. So these characters were striving in season 7 to keep Kl safe and not have it burn and through their own actions and misguided motivations leading to KL burning. There is a whole lot of drama to be milked from that situation and irony. 

And the NK is even less of a character than God Bran. He has no relation to anyone, he doesn't talk and he doesn't have any other motives besides killing people. I have a similar problem with Cersei doing it because she's just a psycho doing it because she's evil.

He is less of a character. But the drama as mentioned above comes from the impact on the protagonists for causing this situation and for Cersei in having her grand plan all unravel. It comes from the fact that had these characters all united at the beggining of season 7 instead of play politics KL would not be burning. 

It's like the difference between Hitler genociding the Jews and the US nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  

No. Bran burning Kl is not the Us nuking Japan. A human being with emotions named Harry Truman made that decision. Bran is no longer human and no longer has emotions. 

One is pure evil and isn't debateable and the other is in a gray area that we can debate on. Was it justified? Was it not justified? 

Again. I think the drama is more in the consequence of what a failure to set aside their differences lead to. And again. If you want to explore an interesting ethical choice you have a human being make the choice. 

We know Cersei has been ruled out of blowing KL up because it's dragonfire that's hitting the streets so it can only be one of 4 people responsible: NK, Daenerys, Jon and Bran.

Show Jon wouldn't do it.

Jon doing it would actually be interesting since it would be actual character development and learning some lessons from their failures in Season 7. 

God Bran would.

That is exactly why its stupid. 

NK wouldn't because he wants to recruit people not burn them all.

Sure he would. His goal is not to recruit people. That is a means. He wants to destory humanity. If burning Kl or parts of it can help advance his goal why wouldn’t he. 

And Daenerys might do it.

She might if need be. She has always been willing to do what is necessary. 

And again, Bran has been called the most important person and the one that can stop the army of the dead. Not the Night's Watch and not the kings of Westeros. 

How did Sauron lose? It wasn't through force of arms. Similar concept and Bran is the Frodo of the series.

Sauron point does not say anything. And Bran being the most inportant person and stoping the army of the dead can also come about in a host of ways. 

5 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

That is actually false. The NK did not just magically pull a dragon out of his ass. The NK has a dragon because of decisions the three main protagonists made. It is literally their fault he has a dragon and their weapon of mass destruction ended up in the wrong hands. And those decisions were driven by a goal which was not achived. Additionally, for one of those three main protagonists, that weapon is her dead child. So these characters were striving in season 7 to keep Kl safe and not have it burn and through their own actions and misguided motivations leading to KL burning. There is a whole lot of drama to be milked from that situation and irony. 

He is less of a character. But the drama as mentioned above comes from the impact on the protagonists for causing this situation and for Cersei in having her grand plan all unravel. It comes from the fact that had these characters all united at the beggining of season 7 instead of play politics KL would not be burning. 

No. Bran burning Kl is not the Us nuking Japan. A human being with emotions named Harry Truman made that decision. Bran is no longer human and no longer has emotions. 

Again. I think the drama is more in the consequence of what a failure to set aside their differences lead to. And again. If you want to explore an interesting ethical choice you have a human being make the choice. 

Jon doing it would actually be interesting since it would be actual character development and learning some lessons from their failures in Season 7. 

That is exactly why its stupid. 

Sure he would. His goal is not to recruit people. That is a means. He wants to destory humanity. If burning Kl or parts of it can help advance his goal why wouldn’t he. 

She might if need be. She has always been willing to do what is necessary. 

Sauron point does not say anything. And Bran being the most inportant person and stoping the army of the dead can also come about in a host of ways. 

Sauron lost by accident; the only reason he lost was because Gollum bit Frodo's finger off and slipped... right into the lava pool at the base of the volcano.

54 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Sauron lost by accident; the only reason he lost was because Gollum bit Frodo's finger off and slipped... right into the lava pool at the base of the volcano.

That I understand. I just meant talking about sauron in this context does not necessarily mean anything. 

Sauron dying by accident does not mean bran burns down KL

although its interesting how in Fevre Dream the big bad sorta dies by accident. Would be funny if undead Vicerion blue flame kills the Nk because a dragon is not a slave or something 

6 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Aerys believed he would turn into a dragon by blowing up KL.

Jaime supposed this, we don't know for certain if Aerys truly believed this.

Also take into account that TWOW says that a new god will be born from the mass graves. I mean what's your perspective on that?

That it says more about Euron Greyjoy's plans than anything remotely to do with Bran at this point.

There's only two real candidates: Euron and Bran. I don't think Euron could succeed at that without upstaging the Others so it must be Bran.

In the books, I could believe it will be Euron.

In the show, my money is still on NK. Saying there is no emotional payoff for that is not true -- he only has the dragon because of Jon and Daenerys's actions.

I'm not sure who will burn KL. There are plenty of candidates. But I don't see Bran as one of them. In the book, the Undying Ones tell Danerys: "Three fires must you light". I'm not sure how much the show still matches the books. But Khal Drogo's pyre and the Dosh Khaleen temple should count for two. One still to go. The last fire is "to love". What if people she love had become undead?

3 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

In the book, the Undying Ones tell Danerys: "Three fires must you light". I'm not sure how much the show still matches the books. But Khal Drogo's pyre and the Dosh Khaleen temple should count for two. One still to go. The last fire is "to love". What if people she love had become undead?

That is a good point. It might not be necessarily related to King's Landing being destroyed, which I once again might attribute to Euron in the books before I'd plant it straight on Daenerys's door directly, much less Bran's. Perhaps, though, in the show, it will not be related to the destruction of KL but simply having to kill Viserion whom she loves.

6 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I'm not sure who will burn KL. There are plenty of candidates. But I don't see Bran as one of them. In the book, the Undying Ones tell Danerys: "Three fires must you light". I'm not sure how much the show still matches the books. But Khal Drogo's pyre and the Dosh Khaleen temple should count for two. One still to go. The last fire is "to love". What if people she love had become undead?

Who knows at this point. @Faera pointed to this quote in another thread that does make you wonder how much really does match the books at all

People are talking about whether the books are going to be spoiled – and it’s really not true,” Benioff said. “So much of what we’re doing diverges from the books at this point. And while there are certain key elements that will be the same, we’re not going to talk so much about that — and I don’t think George is either. People are going to be very surprised when they read the books after the show. They’re quite divergent in so many respects for the remainder of the show.”

8 hours ago, Faera said:

In the show, my money is still on NK. Saying there is no emotional payoff for that is not true -- he only has the dragon because of Jon and Daenerys's actions.

Exactly. Lets not forget Tyrion though. His misguided attempt to save his own family and unite westeros through diplomacy contributed to the wight hunt and its consequences 

8 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Well I don't think Daenerys is going to burn down the Dothraki's temple. That's a show only thing.

I do think the fire for death is the burning of King's Landing though. The third fire is ???

4 hours ago, Faera said:

That is a good point. It might not be necessarily related to King's Landing being destroyed, which I once again might attribute to Euron in the books before I'd plant it straight on Daenerys's door directly, much less Bran's. Perhaps, though, in the show, it will not be related to the destruction of KL but simply having to kill Viserion whom she loves.

Viserion is literally already dead. 

Archived