Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

10 hours ago, Faera said:

Jaime supposed this, we don't know for certain if Aerys truly believed this.

That it says more about Euron Greyjoy's plans than anything remotely to do with Bran at this point.

In the books, I could believe it will be Euron.

In the show, my money is still on NK. Saying there is no emotional payoff for that is not true -- he only has the dragon because of Jon and Daenerys's actions.

It doesn't matter what the truth was because we're looking at what the text is foreshadowing. According to Jaime, Aerys believed he would turn into a dragon and crush all his opponents during the wildfire explosion of KL and that's what I'm proposing that Bran does.

In Aeron's prophetic dreams, Euron believes the new god that will be born from the mass graves and charnel pits is himself. It's actually Bran Stark. And we know Bran is a god already in the show so....yeah. But I do agree it tells us what Euron's plans are too. It's called layering though like the vision of a maiden slaying a giant made of snow is foreshadowing two different events at the Eyrie and Winterfell.

And in the show, Bran will only blow up KL because of Jon and Daenerys empowering the NK with a dragon.

21 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

And in the show, Bran will only blow up KL because of Jon and Daenerys empowering the NK with a dragon.

Bran blowing up the KL because the NK has a dragon is a reasonable counterpoint if we were arguing the Nk burning KL was better because it makes the destuction directly Jon and Dany’s fault. While I do think the link is clearer this way and therefore a better way to explore the consequences, that was not why this point was brought up. It was brough up to refute the notion that there is no drama in burning KL if the NK was responsible which we don’t think is true. 

But at this point there is no changing anyones mind it looks like. You are firmly convinced it is happening and myself and at least @Faera think its pretty dumb. 

We will know by 2019 at the latest. 

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Who knows at this point. @Faera pointed to this quote in another thread that does make you wonder how much really does match the books at all

To add to this a little, we also should concede that the show has been diverging from the book plot in plenty of places for some time now. As early as S2, really. Now they have no fully-written material to work from, they are having to create completely original material because it is certain that whatever outline GRRM provided them with wouldn't possibly make up for not having two 1,500+ page books to pick from. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:
Spoiler

In Aeron's prophetic dreams, Euron believes the new god that will be born from the mass graves and charnel pits is himself and that's what I'm proposing that Bran does.

Well, I respectfully disagree. I saw it more as an insight into how twisted and how far Euron's destructive nature will go in his quest to achieve power and create his new world.

It's called layering though like the vision of a maiden slaying a giant made of snow is foreshadowing two different events at the Eyrie and Winterfell.

There is possibly foreshadowing and there is reading into something that might not be there because you have a preconceived idea in your head and are looking for any straw you can grasp at. 

I don't see it in this case. Perhaps there will be a moment in a Bran TWoW chapter that will change my mind but nothing I have read or seen so far is selling this theory to me, sorry. Until there is a "pay off" scene to this vision that actually ties Bran into Euron's plot, as there was with the "maiden slaying the giant", why would I presume it is about Bran. If anything, the chapter makes me suspect that Bran would be Euron's undoing.

In the published books, the only thing that has ever given me pause to wonder whether Euron and Bran's plots might overlap at some point is Euron's strange remarks about flying.

I've already been over why I don't believe this idea. My opinion hasn't changed any more than yours has. Let us just agree to disagree on this one. If you believe it, fine. I simply don't think that based on what I have seen and know so far Bran will blow up KL. Not in the show, and certainly not in the books.

46 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

We will know by 2019 at the latest. 

Agreed. 

26 minutes ago, Faera said:

To add to this a little, we also should concede that the show has been diverging from the book plot in plenty of places for some time now. As early as S2, really. Now they have no fully-written material to work from, they are having to create completely original material because it is certain that whatever outline GRRM provided them with wouldn't possibly make up for not having two 1,500+ page books to pick from. 

Yes. Although this to me makes the argument that Bran will burn down KL even less likely since a big justification used for this theory is that it is set up in the books right from the beggining in Bran’s first chapter and all the Euron quotes. So if its not going to happen in the books than I don’t think it would even have a chance in the show since say what you will about D&D, but I just cannot imagine they would be so stupid as to make Bran emotionless AND give him the most important ethical choice of the entire series. Even @lord_ravenstone recognizes that is dumb. 

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

People are talking about whether the books are going to be spoiled – and it’s really not true,”

I'm usually first to discount things happening in the show as "will be different in books". All these sorry tales of NK, Dorne and Euron for example.

The question of how identically book and show will end is interesting. The details of what happen will be quite different of course. The show is too far from GRRM tracks now. But some of what happened in S7 was more in line with what I expect from the end books. More than the erratic previous seasons. So far as I've ideas about the end. I believe now the two will have similar conclusions and meanings. So at a high level, spoilers it will be.

Well I don't think Daenerys is going to burn down the Dothraki's temple. That's a show only thing.

I do think the fire for death is the burning of King's Landing though. The third fire is ???

The way Daenerys got in charge of the Dothrakis was making sense to me. OK, she is not immune to fire. But she may still put some big fire somewhere. D&D sometimes pick one idea and use it differently, like Ramsey's marriage. The "three fires" never have inspired me much. But this and that made me think that maybe...

Tease from IrishThrones on Twitter, after warning about fake spoilers:

True, but if we even mention one of the core trusted components of what we were told, it throws all theories so far heard out the window. It's best not to know, we are into our very last season of one... if not the greatest TV show in history, let's enjoy it and be surprised.

They know something that "throws all theories so far heard out the window"??? Interesting.

19 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Tease from IrishThrones on Twitter, after warning about fake spoilers:

They know something that "throws all theories so far heard out the window"??? Interesting.

I saw that. Its a really annoying thing to say since if your not going to spill the beans teasing people when there are ~15 months to go is trolling.  

Would be impressive though if they pulled something off that no theory predicted that was also satisfying and organic to the plot.

if i had to guess it will be something about how everything, inlcuding the past and the others coming back, ends up tying together but who knows.

Just now, jcmontea said:

I saw that. Its a really annoying thing to say since if your not going to spill the beans teasing people when there are ~15 months to go is trolling.  

Would be impressive though if they pulled something off that no theory predicted that was also satisfying and organic to the plot.

I don't know if it's possible at this point to have a spoiler that contradicts all fan theories. Fans are a pretty creative and imaginative bunch.

I will say that this is some grade-A trolling if IrishThrones are just yanking our chains. And if they do know something earthshattering and entirely unforeseen but are withholding it, it's downright cruel to tease. Oh, well. Makes life interesting, LOL.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

I don't know if it's possible at this point to have a spoiler that contradicts all fan theories. Fans are a pretty creative and imaginative bunch.

I agree. If true would be impressive. Not sure if the person who wrote it is familiar with all the theories either.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

If true would be impressive. Not sure if the person who wrote it is familiar with all the theories either.

I guess it depends on whether they've seen some of the threads we have here on westeros.org or just glanced over a Reddit compilation of the "Top Season 8 Predictions". 

Well, given an infinite length of time, a thousand GoT/asoiaf theorists punching at random on their keyboards would almost surely type out all of D&D's Season 8 scripts. ;)

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

if i had to guess it will be something about how everything, inlcuding the past and the others coming back, ends up tying together but who knows.

I will say that this is some grade-A trolling if IrishThrones are just yanking our chains. And if they do know something earthshattering and entirely unforeseen but are withholding it, it's downright cruel to tease. Oh, well. Makes life interesting, LOL.

I wonder if they know what supposedly happens that made Kit cry after the reading.

6 hours ago, Newstar said:

I always like the theory that the Starks were actually the bad guys or connected with the WWs in some way. 

8 hours ago, Faera said:

Well, I respectfully disagree. I saw it more as an insight into how twisted and how far Euron's destructive nature will go in his quest to achieve power and create his new world.

There is possibly foreshadowing and there is reading into something that might not be there because you have a preconceived idea in your head and are looking for any straw you can grasp at. 

I don't see it in this case. Perhaps there will be a moment in a Bran TWoW chapter that will change my mind but nothing I have read or seen so far is selling this theory to me, sorry. Until there is a "pay off" scene to this vision that actually ties Bran into Euron's plot, as there was with the "maiden slaying the giant", why would I presume it is about Bran. If anything, the chapter makes me suspect that Bran would be Euron's undoing.

In the published books, the only thing that has ever given me pause to wonder whether Euron and Bran's plots might overlap at some point is Euron's strange remarks about flying.

I've already been over why I don't believe this idea. My opinion hasn't changed any more than yours has. Let us just agree to disagree on this one. If you believe it, fine. I simply don't think that based on what I have seen and know so far Bran will blow up KL. Not in the show, and certainly not in the books.

Agreed. 

The line about a new god being born isn't about what Euron wants. It's a prophecy just like when Daenerys took the warlock's wine and was hit with prophetic visions. And we know that Bran's fate is to become a god a la the show hence the line must refer to him.

I will also note that I do think Bran and Euron are going to interact in some form as Euron is Bran's foil (along with Daenerys'). Like they're both connected to Bloodraven and are immersed in magic. Euron wants to be a god and Show Bran is a god.

I've actually theorized that the NK is replacing big parts of Euron's role and that it's Euron that brings down the Wall, successfully steals a dragon and has something to do with Bloodraven's death.

6 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I've actually theorized that the NK is replacing big parts of Euron's role

Well, I'll agree with you on that at the very least.

6 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

And we know that Bran's fate is to become a god a la the show hence the line must refer to him.

We don't actually know that. We presume that. Also, once again, I would be very careful in applying book logic to show logic or vice versa. We should also be careful about talking about The Forsaken chapter since it is spoilery and might change between now and publication.

12 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Well the theory is that he wargs into a dragon to destroy KL aka Bran becomes a dragon whereas Aerys thought it would turn into a dragon if he blew up KL 

Sorry, I haven't quite been able to follow the back-and-forth. Why would he destroy King's Landing? Because the White Walkers overran it? Cersei being there wouldn't be bad enough. But I tend to think she'll try to burn it down and Jaime will stop her. What she did to the Sept was foreshadowing. And Dany's living dragons wouldn't need Bran to warg them to destroy King's Landing, just an order from Dany (unless she's dead or incapacitated in this scenario).

It would be neat if Bran could warg Viserion at a critical moment and use him against the Night King.

On 12/10/2017 at 9:37 AM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Sorry, I haven't quite been able to follow the back-and-forth. Why would he destroy King's Landing? Because the White Walkers overran it? Cersei being there wouldn't be bad enough. But I tend to think she'll try to burn it down and Jaime will stop her. What she did to the Sept was foreshadowing. And Dany's living dragons wouldn't need Bran to warg them to destroy King's Landing, just an order from Dany (unless she's dead or incapacitated in this scenario).

It would be neat if Bran could warg Viserion at a critical moment and use him against the Night King.

To destroy the army of the dead.

I can't see Cersei sticking around or if she does, Jaime will kill her long before the White Walkers get there. If Jaime kills her to stop her then she won't set it off and we've gotten reports that dragon fire is hitting the streets of KL.

Daenerys is a possible alternative but Jojen says that it's Bran that stops the army of the dead not Daenerys.

Bran warging Viserion against the NK is pretty much game over for the NK so I doubt that'd happen. 

Well, they said they'd release fake leaks this year, so they can either be legit or not.

However, given the quality of the dialogue I read, they could very well be legit.

SO I didn't want toread them but I did a "general" reading. Fortunately (or not), no major important things for my favoruites, except somethig I think that sucks a lot in case it's true.

Spoiler

In case that's true, the piece of 8.06 sucks a lot and it's very weird. But Tyrion deserves everything after all, because he is not stupid, only the other characters that get themselves killed are, and deserve being mocked by him and their friends.

Archived