Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

“Each of the characters this year is placed in a completely alien environment at some point in the season that they’ve never been placed in before,” The Samwell Tarly actor said while promoting the release of GoT season 7 on home video. “The thrill is seeing how they react to it and how they respond. This season, I think, more than any other is stretching these characters.”

Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/12/game-thrones-final-season-location/

"There have been so many theories and so many discussions with what people think is going to happen — where they would like things to go, and who they would like to see in power, and who they want to see die. Finally, just knowing, and for the people, when they watch it, I hope there's going to be some satisfaction in that it's come to an end and that's how it goes. There will be some people who are disappointed, I'm sure, because they will want certain people to end up in certain places."

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-sophie-turner-previews-final-season-1066499?utm_source=twitter

New Leaks "M0ther_Superi0r" 

Spoiler

Script 8x05 and 8x06: https://imgur.com/a/Iu4r3

"Currently, there's filming going on about Winterfell/the battle that takes place at Winterfell in 802 and 803, though there are sets that will double for other Northern castles. Also some scenes (or one scene, I don't think it's in the season that much) at Pyke."

"Isaac hasn't filmed much, some scenes with Sam and Jon in what I imagine are the first few episodes. I know for a fact he at least makes it to Episode 5.

"Dany is definitely pregnant. Emilia Clarke's really happy about that."

"Pretty sure Podrick dies. I know Tormund dies. Also there's some scenes with one of the Northern lords (I forget his name) fighting at his castle. I assume he's a goner. And Bronn casually mentions Jaime's death in that one page, so..."

"There were some redacted pages in the iPad, by the way, what I assume are really important stuff. A couple of pages after pg40 in 805 are not there, just have that little [omitted] at the top. And it's not an omitted scene, because the pages after the [omitted]'s have nothing to do with what came before."

25 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. Those are either real or incredibly well done fake script pages. All 4 pages looked and read like scripts D&D would write and make sense. 

Either way that person gets an A+ for getting his hand on it or for amazing bs

Agreed. The flow of the dialogue, the voices of the characters....it reads just like previously leaked scripts. If they're fake, they're definitely the best fakes I've ever seen. 

30 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. Those are either real or incredibly well done fake script pages. All 4 pages looked and read like scripts D&D would write and make sense. 

Either way that person gets an A+ for getting his hand on it or for amazing bs

WHat I don't understand is why the information from reddit in the post doesn't match the scripts, and vice versa. The information is different.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Agreed. The flow of the dialogue, the voices of the characters....it reads just like previously leaked scripts. If they're fake, they're definitely the best fakes I've ever seen. 

I agree with the fact that the dialogue is very D&D.

32 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Spoiler

Yea. And Bronn ending up with the twins really is the perfect pay off to Tyrion telling him his offer of paying double still stands in 7x07. They just make sense. 

54 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Even the non dialogue parts really match D&D: the scene descriptions. 

Hide contents

What information does not match?

I mean the post. It refers to the pregnancy Podrick....but doesnt mention the other major death and there are not scripts about the pregnancy, etc.

46 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:
She says these scripts are fake because they say game of thrones at the top. 

I kind of don't buy that? I've read about the cast members having sit-down reading sessions, so there must be text copies of the scripts, even if they're only electronic copies. No one is saying the physical paper scripts exist. 

34 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I kind of don't buy that? I've read about the cast members having sit-down reading sessions, so there must be text copies of the scripts, even if they're only electronic copies. No one is saying the physical paper scripts exist. 

I buy her point about the code name. Not their being no scripts. 

Lads leaks had the code name.

7 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I buy her point about the code name. Not their being no scripts. 

Lads leaks had the code name.

Eh, another reputable leaker said that there might not be a code name this year because there's only one filming unit (or something along those lines). 

I don't think the leaks can be discredited wholesale, but obviously they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I do find the over the top protestations on Sue's account to be a little suspicious. She does have an official relationship with HBO, after all. My gut feeling really points me in the direction of the scripts being real, though. I felt the same way last year too. D&D have a very distinct authorial voice and it's even more obvious on paper. 

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Eh, another reputable leaker said that there might not be a code name this year because there's only one filming unit (or something along those lines). 

I don't think the leaks can be discredited wholesale, but obviously they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I do find the over the top protestations on Sue's account to be a little suspicious. She does have an official relationship with HBO, after all. My gut feeling really points me in the direction of the scripts being real, though. I felt the same way last year too. D&D have a very distinct authorial voice and it's even more obvious on paper. 

I hope he is right. I thought those “leaks” were great. 

58 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Frikidoctor? He made that point, which could be true, but I don't see the relationship between one filming unit and the code name. Was the Big Tree a code name  for the season or for the units involved during production?

I go with @Cridefea's argument. If they really rewrote those scens late September glorifying Cersei, after knowing the endgame for a decade, it's pretty sad.

Spoiler

I am not saying they are no legit, in fact, I think they are more true than fake. I can picture Tyrion and Bronn having that conversation. If Tyrion is not King, he'll still be in great power to say and do what he wants, and I can see Bronn surviving. That's something fans could have also written, though. If Jaime gets killed by the Mountain/Cersei is stupid that they mock his death, or at least it's very irrespectful, and that it's 100% not the book ending. If he dies killing Cersei in an scene that has not been leaked, I don't know why would they mention him this way...also true if he dies in another way not related to that; but it looks that at least is injured by Cersei or the Mountain hits him. It's super weird. 

Maybe I've not understood the dialogue since it's partly unreadable, and I frankly don't exactly know who/what they refer to with "old cunt". Maybe it's someone else.

I did not see the part of the prisoner in the script, but read the comments. Indeed, it's an interesting and unexpected point; but I don't understand what's the point of keeping that person prisoner at the same time and not killing him. They want an Exchange?

I am prepared to see Jaime trying to persuade Cersei not to burn people alive, but again, that's something fans have speculated as well for years. I have more trouble in believing he'd be so insistent (and not fearing her after The Mountain incident of 7.7 in which it was only a matter of luck that he was not killed :dunno:) and after knowing how she is, and having been with the WF team in the first episodes of season 8 very likely.

He also mentions her being jealous, I guess that could mean she knows he has been with Brienne, but then again, why would he be so stupid to get there alone with her and The Mountain?

So overall, if that's ados adaptation, it's very boring.

Archived