Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Faera said:

I have no idea what anyone is talking about... :huh:

the person who posted last year's leaks posted leaks they were recently given that are more likely fake but are very well done and believable. its basically 4 script pages, 1 from 8x03, 2 from 8x05 and 1 from 8x06 and then some additional color. the reason they seem like they shouldn't be dismissed at first glance is the person posting them and they seem very much like GoT scripts. that being said, the overwhelming probability is that they are fake since they don't have a code name. 

@Meera of Tarth

Spoiler

the transcripts of the pages are on reddit so you can see below the mark. i agree with you about Bronn's joke. i could see Bronn saying that but what struck me as weird was that Tyrion would react negatively to that. 

14 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

the person who posted last year's leaks posted leaks they were recently given that are more likely fake but are very well done and believable. its basically 4 script pages, 1 from 8x03, 2 from 8x05 and 1 from 8x06 and then some additional color. the reason they seem like they shouldn't be dismissed at first glance is the person posting them and they seem very much like GoT scripts. that being said, the overwhelming probability is that they are fake since they don't have a code name. 

@Meera of Tarth

Hide contents

the transcripts of the pages are on reddit so you can see below the mark. i agree with you about Bronn's joke. i could see Bronn saying that but what struck me as weird was that Tyrion would react negatively to that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are circulating genuine fake script pages and leaks in order to confuse us.

Spoiler

Bronn surviving? And getting his castle? And it's implied that it's the Twins. That seems a bit too good to be true... :wacko:

6 minutes ago, Faera said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are circulating genuine fake script pages and leaks in order to confuse us.

Reveal hidden contents

Bronn surviving? And getting his castle? And it's implied that it's the Twins. That seems a bit too good to be true... :wacko:

Spoiler

Lol. I want to believe that one. The idea of Tyrion giving him the Twins as a way of paying him double what Cersei was offering - one castle - is awesome. And it makes a lot of sense as to why they have been holding off giving the man his castle. I went from thinking he should have died in 7x04 to thinking well if that is the payoff then I am glad he lived. 

14 minutes ago, Faera said:

Hide contents

HBO said there would be multiple endings...maybe it's their way of dealing with it.

At least, that's why I would do if I were them.

5 minutes ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

Lol. I want to believe that one. The idea of Tyrion giving him the Twins as a way of paying him double what Cersei was offering - one castle - is awesome. And it makes a lot of sense as to why they have been holding off giving the man his castle. I went from thinking he should have died in 7x04 to thinking well if that is the payoff then I am glad he lived. 

Spoiler

I think the biggest proof of the veracity of the leaks is how that part makes so litle sense.

Bronn has basically been working against danny the entire time. Then it seems he helps fight the WW (as everybody SHOULD do) and somehow kill the leaders of the GC alone. So obviously that danny pays him what his previous employers owed him because?

21 minutes ago, Faera said:

Reveal hidden contents

Regardless of how I feel about these leaks in particular (I'm 50/50 on them, leaning toward fake), I seriously doubt HBO would actually go through the trouble of releasing fake script pages via reddit. The percentage of fans who even do extensive searching for leaks is so minuscule compared to the millions and millions of show watchers that they're barely even a blip.

The final season of Game of Thrones is going to have astronomical viewership numbers even if a couple hundred reddit users get their hands on legit leaks. It's just a negligible amount of people, and the production is already strapped for time and money as it is. Adding onto that, the production is so huge and involves so many people on both sides of the Atlantic, that they probably understand that leaks are inevitable. 

If the scripts are fake, they're the product of an internet nobody looking for attention, not professionals. My two cents. 

15 minutes ago, divica said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think the biggest proof of the veracity of the leaks is how that part makes so litle sense.

Bronn has basically been working against danny the entire time. Then it seems he helps fight the WW (as everybody SHOULD do) and somehow kill the leaders of the GC alone. So obviously that danny pays him what his previous employers owed him because?

Spoiler

You don't think Tyrion telling Bronn in 7x07 that the offer of paying double was still on the table if he would switch sides makes sense? 

4 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Regardless of how I feel about these leaks in particular (I'm 50/50 on them, leaning toward fake), I seriously doubt HBO would actually go through the trouble of releasing fake script pages via reddit. The percentage of fans who even do extensive searching for leaks is so minuscule compared to the millions and millions of show watchers that they're barely even a blip.

The final season of Game of Thrones is going to have astronomical viewership numbers even if a couple hundred reddit users get their hands on legit leaks. It's just a negligible amount of people, and the production is already strapped for time and money as it is. Adding onto that, the production is so huge and involves so many people on both sides of the Atlantic, that they probably understand that leaks are inevitable. 

If the scripts are fake, they're the product of an internet nobody looking for attention, not professionals. My two cents. 

I agree with this. 

Although I am prob 10/90 real vs. fake. 

44 minutes ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

You don't think Tyrion telling Bronn in 7x07 that the offer of paying double was still on the table if he would switch sides makes sense? 

Spoiler

It could. But it would be tyrion paying! So some castle in the westerlands maybe... or something tyrion can give him as hand of the queen?

What doesn t make sense is danny paying bronn for the jobs he did for cersei! Basically, tyrion is saying that as bronn killed the generals of the GC he gets a castle... Best paid job in the world! what has daario  been doing all his life for example... 

6 minutes ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

I agree and I disagree. Dany signing off on giving the Twins to Bronn seems like it would cost her very little. What does she care about the Twins? 

This is the most believable part of the leaks and I something I would 100% expect to see happening. 

Spoiler

GRRM has already said he hasn't planned out the endgame for minor characters like Bronn, and the complicated politics of who gets the Twins in the books will most likely be brushed over by the show. Bronn is one of D&D's favorite characters/actors, and it fits in with the running joke of Bronn wanting a castle. He gets two because Tyrion is not only going to make good in his word, but top it. 

27 minutes ago, Lysander said:

This is the most believable part of the leaks and I something I would 100% expect to see happening. 

Hide contents

GRRM has already said he hasn't planned out the endgame for minor characters like Bronn, and the complicated politics of who gets the Twins in the books will most likely be brushed over by the show. Bronn is one of D&D's favorite characters/actors, and it fits in with the running joke of Bronn wanting a castle. He gets two because Tyrion is not only going to make good in his word, but top it. 

Spoiler

:agree: i agree. When i read that i just though wait a minute that makes way too much sense. The other three pages made sense too but that one in particular just screamed out. Can’t believe more people had not predicted that to be honest.

so bravo to whoever wrote that.

54 minutes ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

I agree and I disagree. Dany signing off on giving the Twins to Bronn seems like it would cost her very little. What does she care about the Twins? 

Spoiler

It might not mean much to her, but it is a very importante location and there are lots of people that have a legal right to the twins (freys, tullys and whatever distant familly members to the freys).

In adition, danny barelly knows bronn and from what she knows he tried to kill drogon... It doesn t make sense for danny to give him a castle! He is a lowly sellsword that worked for the enemy until 5 mins ago. The reward is too big. 

And while it is cool. As usual once you think about it, it shouldn t happen. They could very easilly give bronn 2 castles that belonged to dead lannysters now and that were partially destroied in the war so that he has to continue to work for them in order to gain Money to rebuild them.

45 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

So, why not give him 2 lannister castles? There are plenty of dead lannisters by now that there should be some free castles...

There is almost no reason to give him the twins except they are 2 castles and that D&D don t care about logic or think their audience is dumb... 

8 minutes ago, divica said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It might not mean much to her, but it is a very importante location and there are lots of people that have a legal right to the twins (freys, tullys and whatever distant familly members to the freys).

In adition, danny barelly knows bronn and from what she knows he tried to kill drogon... It doesn t make sense for danny to give him a castle! He is a lowly sellsword that worked for the enemy until 5 mins ago. The reward is too big. 

And while it is cool. As usual once you think about it, it shouldn t happen. They could very easilly give bronn 2 castles that belonged to dead lannysters now and that were partially destroied in the war so that he has to continue to work for them in order to gain Money to rebuild them.

Hide contents

So, why not give him 2 lannister castles? There are plenty of dead lannisters by now that there should be some free castles...

There is almost no reason to give him the twins except they are 2 castles and that D&D don t care about logic or think their audience is dumb... 

Spoiler

You didn’f answer the question. What would Dany care about signing off on giving over the twins? I really don’t see why she would give two shits. And if she doesn’t care then not sure why Tyrion as hand giving it away would be illogical. 

And of course, 99% chance we are talking about  fake leaks.

5 minutes ago, divica said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It might not mean much to her, but there are lots of people that have a legal right to the twins (freys, tullys and whatever distant familly members to the freys).

Hide contents

If I had a dollar for every time a Game of Thrones fan has said "x wouldn't happen because that would be nonsensical/lazy/stupid", I could invest in bitcoins or something. 

The show doesn't operate on the same logical terms that the books do; if something is convenient and only requires the participation of characters and locations we already know, it's more likely to happen. 

Spoiler

Bronn is a character and an actor D&D enjoy giving scenes and spending time on, him taking the Twins only requires a bit of dialogue and zero follow up. It could easily happen. 

so what is the endgame?

Spoiler

acording to these "leaks":

• Bronn gets the twins
  • Dany gets the iron throne
  • Tyrion must get CR as Jaime dies

sounds very cliche, but if they were not mocking Jaime I'd think it's plausible, since Bronn's fate will be different from the one in the books and they could invent it

So the q  now is...

• who gets WF?

Sophie Turner mentioned that some people will get disappointed bc they want their characters to end in certain places. Maybe she is referring to Sansa, and LOW, maybe WF will be for Bran.

• where is Qyburn?

5 minutes ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

You didn’f answer the question. What would Dany care about signing off on giving over the twins? I really don’t see why she would give two shits. And if she doesn’t care then not sure why Tyrion as hand giving it away would be illogical. 

And of course, 99% chance we are talking about  fake leaks.

Spoiler

It is an important location, it belongs to other people and dany has to care about who are the lords in westeros. Otherwise there would be no law! Just because it is something small compared to the iron throne doesn t mean it isn t important to her! What would she do when frey girl number 3523534534 goes to KL because she gave her castle away? throw her away because she is a frey and unimportant?

I think you are confusing the fact that the audience doesn t care who gets the twins with dany doesn t care who get them...

9 minutes ago, Lysander said:

If I had a dollar for every time a Game of Thrones fan has said "x wouldn't happen because that would be nonsensical/lazy/stupid", I could invest in bitcoins or something. 

The show doesn't operate on the same logical terms that the books do; if something is convenient and only requires the participation of characters and locations we already know, it's more likely to happen. 

Reveal hidden contents

Bronn is a character and an actor D&D enjoy giving scenes and spending time on, him taking the Twins only requires a bit of dialogue and zero follow up. It could easily happen. 

I started by saying that. It is cool, but if you think it doesn t make sense! So it gives veracity to these leaks because this is D&D style.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

so what is the endgame?

Hide contents

acording to these "leaks":

• Bronn gets the twins
  • Dany gets the iron throne
  • Tyrion must get CR as Jaime dies

sounds very cliche, but if they were not mocking Jaime I'd think it's plausible, since Bronn's fate will be different from the one in the books and they could invent it

So the q  now is...

• who gets WF?

Sophie Turner mentioned that some people will get disappointed bc they want their characters to end in certain places. Maybe she is referring to Sansa, and LOW, maybe WF will be for Bran.

• where is Qyburn?

Spoiler

Actually it doesn t say if danny gets the IT. 

Just that a queen gives the twins to bronn. 

Archived