Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 minutes ago, divica said:

Hide contents

Actually it doesn t say if danny gets the IT. 

Just that a queen gives the twins to bronn. 

Spoiler

Dany is clearly the queen, though. She's the queen Tyrion answers to, and given the fact that Tyrion is assuring Bronn that their bad blood is behind them, it only makes sense for Dany. Bronn did try to kill her and Drogon, after all. 

She's also alive in the finale and has given birth to Jon's baby. There's no reason she wouldn't be in power. 

26 minutes ago, divica said:
  Hide contents

It is an important location, it belongs to other people and dany has to care about who are the lords in westeros. Otherwise there would be no law! Just because it is something small compared to the iron throne doesn t mean it isn t important to her! What would she do when frey girl number 3523534534 goes to KL because she gave her castle away? throw her away because she is a frey and unimportant?

I think you are confusing the fact that the audience doesn t care who gets the twins with dany doesn t care who get them...

Spoiler

The Freys are losing those castles. Their male line is extinct, its strategically important and everyone hates them. Who it goes to who knows. But having random frey girl complain is not a reason. 

19 minutes ago, Lysander said:
  Hide contents

Dany is clearly the queen, though. She's the queen Tyrion answers to, and given the fact that Tyrion is assuring Bronn that their bad blood is behind them, it only makes sense for Dany. Bronn did try to kill her and Drogon, after all. 

She's also alive in the finale and has given birth to Jon's baby. There's no reason she wouldn't be in power. 

Spoiler

these leaks are so boring. I wanted Gendry to be KIng:frown5:

does she want to be Queen though? Seems very predictable... what about Daario's words? You are a conqueror

And what about Jaime dying in the arms of the woman she loves...if he dies before Brienne arrives?

Because I can't picture The Mountain waiting for Brienne to kill him while Jaime is severely injured, in case those "leaks" refer to Jaime getting killed himself by the Mountain

And if he is killed by Cersei, then where is the valonqar prophecy? Will Tyrion kill her? Sounds weird. I think that who kills Cersei is  amajor point to respect from the books (and that's the reason they ommited this part of the prophecy in s5).

5 hours ago, Lysander said:
  Hide contents

Does it say what happens to Jon?

7 hours ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

The Freys are losing those castles. Their male line is extinct, its strategically important and everyone hates them. Who it goes to who knows. But having random frey girl complain is not a reason. 

Spoiler

Bronn would probably marry complaining Frey Girl: Sarra or Amerei or whichever Walda it is. He takes the Frey name and they get to start fresh.

It’s not like he has Lollys in this version.

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

these leaks are so boring. I wanted Gendry to be KIng:frown5:

does she want to be Queen though? Seems very predictable... what about Daario's words? You are a conqueror

And what about Jaime dying in the arms of the woman she loves...if he dies before Brienne arrives?

Because I can't picture The Mountain waiting for Brienne to kill him while Jaime is severely injured, in case those "leaks" refer to Jaime getting killed himself by the Mountain

And if he is killed by Cersei, then where is the valonqar prophecy? Will Tyrion kill her? Sounds weird. I think that who kills Cersei is  amajor point to respect from the books (and that's the reason they ommited this part of the prophecy in s5).

Keeping in mind that these leaks may very well be fake........

Spoiler

Eh, for me, Gendry as King was pretty low on the list of endgame options. Not only because he would have a lot of hoops to jump through, but because he's not a main character. There's just less narrative payoff seeing a side character take the throne as opposed to the protagonists we've been following for seven seasons now. Especially since, going by the leaks, Jon is the one who defeats the Night's King in single combat. That's pretty epic. I would definitely want that guy as my king. 

As for Dany, I think whether or not she wants to be queen is pretty much beside the point by now. She's the leader of several armies and pregnant with a king's baby. Once she finds out about R+L=J, I'm sure she'd love to marry Jon/Aegon and bring House Targaryen back to power. They're pretty much a power couple already.

As for Jaime's death, I personally have expected him to die along with Cersei for a long time. In season 1, Cersei says that she and Jaime "came into this world together, we belong together". I think that's going to hold true until the very end, except with the twist that Jaime is going to kill her. This is something readers have predicted since AFFC, so none of this is out of the blue. 

Jaime is most likely the valonqar. He was born after her, and so is her little brother, if only by a few minutes. He's also the brother Cersei doesn't expect to kill her. It's classic GRRM misdirection, imo. 

4 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Does it say what happens to Jon?

Spoiler

We know that 

a.) Jon is held prisoner by Cersei at some point, and that's when Jaime enters the picture to try to talk her down. 

b.) A rescue is staged involving Arya and Dany. This is where Arya/Tyrion's respective knowledge of the ins and outs of the Red Keep would come in handy, theoretically. 

c.) Later, Jon defeats the Night's King in single battle, sending a shockwave that takes out all the dead. 

Take this all with liberal amounts of salt, though. 

4 hours ago, Faera said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bronn would probably marry complaining Frey Girl: Sarra or Amerei or whichever Walda it is. He takes the Frey name and they get to start fresh.

It’s not like he has Lollys in this version.

That makes sense. Although what was “leaked” is not mutually exclusive with that. 

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

Keeping in mind that these leaks may very well be fake........

Reveal hidden contents

Eh, for me, Gendry as King was pretty low on the list of endgame options. Not only because he would have a lot of hoops to jump through, but because he's not a main character. There's just less narrative payoff seeing a side character take the throne as opposed to the protagonists we've been following for seven seasons now. Especially since, going by the leaks, Jon is the one who defeats the Night's King in single combat. That's pretty epic. I would definitely want that guy as my king. 

As for Dany, I think whether or not she wants to be queen is pretty much beside the point by now. She's the leader of several armies and pregnant with a king's baby. Once she finds out about R+L=J, I'm sure she'd love to marry Jon/Aegon and bring House Targaryen back to power. They're pretty much a power couple already.

As for Jaime's death, I personally have expected him to die along with Cersei for a long time. In season 1, Cersei says that she and Jaime "came into this world together, we belong together". I think that's going to hold true until the very end, except with the twist that Jaime is going to kill her. This is something readers have predicted since AFFC, so none of this is out of the blue. 

Jaime is most likely the valonqar. He was born after her, and so is her little brother, if only by a few minutes. He's also the brother Cersei doesn't expect to kill her. It's classic GRRM misdirection, imo. 

Hide contents

We know that 

a.) Jon is held prisoner by Cersei at some point, and that's when Jaime enters the picture to try to talk her down. 

b.) A rescue is staged involving Arya and Dany. This is where Arya/Tyrion's respective knowledge of the ins and outs of the Red Keep would come in handy, theoretically. 

c.) Later, Jon defeats the Night's King in single battle, sending a shockwave that takes out all the dead. 

Take this all with liberal amounts of salt, though. 

Thanks, but does it say if he lives?

6 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Thanks, but does it say if he lives?

Spoiler

Not exactly. The leaks seem to be random script pages, so we don't have a full picture of the plot, only some bits and pieces.

For example, the script page from the final episode is a scene between Tyrion and Bronn, where they talk about "the queen" (aka Dany) gifting Bronn the Twins as payment for his deeds.

This is what we know from the script pages, combined with some separately leaked info from another reddit user who supposedly is friends with someone in production. We know Jon defeats the Night's King, and that he and Dany supposedly get married beforehand, but nothing after.

This could all be a hoax though, so nothing is definitive.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jonerys married and defetaing the NK? Sounds so cliche to me

Not sure its possible to have an ending that won’t be a cliche to someone. Jon is The Hero 

He ends up as King and its The Rightful King Returns trope played straight. 

He dies and its just The Hero performs the Heroic Sacrifice idea. 

He lives but abdicates and its just the Abdicate the Throne trope. 

Guaranted the bittersweet ending is going to be something right off this list of eleven.

Whether people like the ending or not will probably just come down to 1.) how well they execute the ending tropes they decide to use and 2.) whether people’s particular favorite character has an ending they are happy with or conversely whether people’s particular disliked character has an ending they are happy with

13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I just don't see Jon and Dany married and in the throne.

I don't discard other endings.

I think these leaks didn't mention the marrriage

That's always been a possibility to me, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Spoiler

The supposed marriage came from another leak source, the guy who claims to know one of the GoT crew members. The only notable thing about him is that his leaks match up with the script leaks, meaning they might corroborate one another.

The thing is, the show/books have been going on so long and the fanbase is so obsessive that pretty much every logical (and illogical) possibility has been discussed ad nauseam. If Dany & Jon live and take the throne? Cliche. If they both die a messianic, sacrificial death? Cliche. If their kid succeeds them? Cliche. If they ride off into the sunset to live a simpler life? Cliche.

Every possible ending is cliche at this point.

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

That's always been a possibility to me, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Hide contents

The supposed marriage came from another leak source, the guy who claims to know one of the GoT crew members. The only notable thing about him is that his leaks match up with the script leaks, meaning they might corroborate one another.

The thing is, the show/books have been going on so long and the fanbase is so obsessive that pretty much every logical (and illogical) possibility has been discussed ad nauseam. If Dany & Jon live and take the throne? Cliche. If they both die a messianic, sacrificial death? Cliche. If their kid succeeds them? Cliche. If they ride off into the sunset to live a simpler life? Cliche.

Every possible ending is cliche at this point.

Spoiler

No, actually Jonerys married in the throne is more cliche than any other ending, sounds like a fairytale.

And matching the script leaks, well, that's relative. The new leaks basically say that Tyrion, Dany and Bronn survive, Jon is captured and the death of Jaime. Major characters in KL. Anything could match with these leaks. 

From what I have seen here, I definitely don't think any of this is genuine. It is a very well done hoax created by someone with too much time on their hands. Maybe one or two of the details will be true - we can't rule out certain things getting out there from crew and friends of spilling stuff - but after the leaks of last year, I really don't see that many details getting out...

I hope.

Archived