Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

these leaks are so boring. I wanted Gendry to be KIng:frown5:

does she want to be Queen though? Seems very predictable... what about Daario's words? You are a conqueror

And what about Jaime dying in the arms of the woman she loves...if he dies before Brienne arrives?

Because I can't picture The Mountain waiting for Brienne to kill him while Jaime is severely injured, in case those "leaks" refer to Jaime getting killed himself by the Mountain

And if he is killed by Cersei, then where is the valonqar prophecy? Will Tyrion kill her? Sounds weird. I think that who kills Cersei is  amajor point to respect from the books (and that's the reason they ommited this part of the prophecy in s5).

Spoiler

We don't know how he dies and if Brienne arrives or if she survives...

What I find strange is Bronn's comment about him. "Old cunt".... old seems strange for Jaime, given also that Bronn is older. Plus he called himself "old cunt" in 6x08

min 1:13

20 minutes ago, Cridefea said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What I find strange is Bronn's comment about him. "Old cunt".... old seems strange for Jaime, given also that Bronn is older. Plus he called himself "old cunt" in 6x08

So Bronn refers to himself as old cunt, and in the leaks

Spoiler

the old cunt is Jaime...weird

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

No, actually Jonerys married in the throne is more cliche than any other ending, sounds like a fairytale.

Except that's exactly how Lord of the Rings ended, and GRRM has stated many, many times that he wants the same kind of ending for his series. 

At the end of Return of the King, our hero Aragorn, the king hidden in plain sight, marries his true love, the elf princess Arwen, ascends the throne of Gondor and redeems his fallen family line. Although the evil has been defeated, magic is gone forever from Middle Earth, ushering in a new age of man. There are some very obvious parallels with ASOIAF that are looking more and more obvious as the series goes on. 

I think the problem for some people is that the dark tone of the series so far has been prepping the audience for a downer ending that's never going to materialize. George is not writing a downer ending, he's writing an ending where our heroes ultimately survive and triumph, but with heavy casualties to their minds and to their allies. 

Spoiler

And matching the script leaks, well, that's relative. The new leaks basically say that Tyrion, Dany and Bronn survive, Jon is captured and the death of Jaime. Major characters in KL. Anything could match with these leaks. 

Spoiler

Hmmm, there are a couple different leak sources at this point. The scripts don't say anything about Jon except he gets imprisoned by Cersei at some point. The other leakers claimed he goes on to defeat the Night's King. That other leaker said some things that make sense looking at the scripts, like the Mountain killing Jaime and Sandor & Brienne ultimately killing the Mountain. 

18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Except that's exactly how Lord of the Rings ended, and GRRM has stated many, many times that he wants the same kind of ending for his series. 

At the end of Return of the King, our hero Aragorn, the king hidden in plain sight, marries his true love, the elf princess Arwen, ascends the throne of Gondor and redeems his fallen family line. Although the evil has been defeated, magic is gone forever from Middle Earth, ushering in a new age of man. There are some very obvious parallels with ASOIAF that are looking more and more obvious as the series goes on. 

I think the problem for some people is that the dark tone of the series so far has been prepping the audience for a downer ending that's never going to materialize. George is not writing a downer ending, he's writing an ending where our heroes ultimately survive and triumph, but with heavy casualties to their minds and to their allies. 

I don't discard this option, but it doesn't have to be a Lord of the Rings 2.0, and Daenerys is not like Arwen, her story is about her claim onthe throne, a conqueror with dragons and power, she wants to rule, and Jon doesn't. Both ruling as a married couple with a baby  and problems resolved by the end sounds too much of a fairy tale to me, but who knows.

Hide contents

And matching the script leaks, well, that's relative. The new leaks basically say that Tyrion, Dany and Bronn survive, Jon is captured and the death of Jaime. Major characters in KL. Anything could match with these leaks. 

Hide contents

Hmmm, there are a couple different leak sources at this point. The scripts don't say anything about Jon except he gets imprisoned by Cersei at some point. The other leakers claimed he goes on to defeat the Night's King. That other leaker said some things that make sense looking at the scripts, like the Mountain killing Jaime and Sandor & Brienne ultimately killing the Mountain. 

Yes, there are diffeent sources. But there have different sources during all fall. There must be obvious matches even if they are not real.

Spoiler

This one really fits the scripts leaked, but it could be a coincidence. I just can't picture Jaime not dying in her arms as the show has foreshadowed (in case Jaime dies), or doing this while the Mountain, who had just injured him to death is waiting for her to kill him while the two lovers say goodbye.

The only other option is that Brienne and Sandor witness how the Mountain is injuring Jaime, and they defeat him, while Jaime is on the corner, and he dies in the arms of Brienne while Sandor is watching. It's weird.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't discard this option, but it doesn't have to be a Lord of the Rings 2.0, and Daenerys is not like Arwen, her story is about her claim on the throne, a conqueror with dragons and power, she wants to rule, and Jon doesn't. Both ruling as a married couple with a baby  and problems resolved by the end sounds too much of a fairy tale to me, but who knows.

I'm not sure how a warrior queen ruling alongside her more mellow king is necessarily more "fairy tale like" than Aragorn and Arwen. Arwen is basically a too-pure-for-this-earth classic Disney princess.

What she has in common with Dany is that they'e both a.) beloved of the male hero b.) widely known as the world's most beautiful woman. Oh, and royalty. 

GRRM has directly likened Dany to Aragorn himself, though, so all in all it seems she occupies both figures in the equation. 

Spoiler

This one really fits the scripts leaked, but it could be a coincidence. I just can't picture Jaime not dying in her arms as the show has foreshadowed (in case Jaime dies), or doing this while the Mountain, who had just injured him to death is waiting for her to kill him while the two lovers say goodbye.

The only other option is that Brienne and Sandor witness how the Mountain is injuring Jaime, and they defeat him, while Jaime is on the corner, and he dies in the arms of Brienne while Sandor is watching. It's weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it went down. 

Spoiler

The pacing of the scene in the script makes me think Sandor & Brienne reach the throne room just as the Mountain's stabbed Jaime in the back (or however he kills him). 

Just in time for Jaime to slowly die in Brienne's arms. Or Cersei's. 

22 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I'm not sure how a warrior queen ruling alongside her more mellow king is necessarily more "fairy tale like" than Aragorn and Arwen. Arwen is basically a too-pure-for-this-earth classic Disney princess.

What she has in common with Dany is that they'e both a.) beloved of the male hero b.) widely known as the world's most beautiful woman. Oh, and royalty. 

GRRM has directly likened Dany to Aragorn himself, though, so all in all it seems she occupies both figures in the equation. 

Well have to disagree on the Jonerys thing.

Hide contents

The pacing of the scene in the script makes me think Sandor & Brienne reach the throne room just as the Mountain's stabbed Jaime in the back (or however he kills him). 

Spoiler

But there is no scene saying how The Mountain murders Jaime. In fact, that's from another leaker.

From this leaker, all we got is a weird dialogue in which Jaime's death is confirmed by Bronn and Tyrion (and mocked) and we have another scene in the other page that ends in a cliffhanger in which apparently Jaime is hit. 

Nothing more in between, apart from Sandor and Brienne arriving atThe Red Keep. It's plausible, but it's like it tries to match with those other leaks o purpose.

Either way, Sandor would be watching the death scene, sounds very anticlimatic, I know it could happen, though.

And there is no way that Jaime dies in Cersei's arms. That would mean he loved her and not Brienne, which contradicts all the love story since s3 with Brienne, extremely foreshadowed and that makes another one be the valonqar: Tyrion?Jon? (And contradicts the leaks of that other leaker, but this is not a problem).

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Reveal hidden contents

That was how i understand the scene 

2 hours ago, Faera said:

From what I have seen here, I definitely don't think any of this is genuine. It is a very well done hoax created by someone with too much time on their hands. Maybe one or two of the details will be true - we can't rule out certain things getting out there from crew and friends of spilling stuff - but after the leaks of last year, I really don't see that many details getting out...

I hope.

I agree. Likley a hoax.

but i think something is getting out eventually. Prob not as detailed as last year but something significant. 

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well have to disagree on the Jonerys thing.

Hide contents

But there is no scene saying how The Mountain murders Jaime. In fact, that's from another leaker.

From this leaker, all we got is a weird dialogue in which Jaime's death is confirmed by Bronn and Tyrion (and mocked) and we have another scene in the other page that ends in a cliffhanger in which apparently Jaime is hit. 

Nothing more in between, apart from Sandor and Brienne arriving atThe Red Keep. It's plausible, but it's like it tries to match with those other leaks o purpose.

Either way, Sandor would be watching the death scene, sounds very anticlimatic, I know it could happen, though.

And there is no way that Jaime dies in Cersei's arms. That would mean he loved her and not Brienne, which contradicts all the love story since s3 with Brienne, extremely foreshadowed and that makes another one be the valonqar: Tyrion?Jon? (And contradicts the leaks of that other leaker, but this is not a problem).

Spoiler

I took the matching details between the leaks (the script says Jaime confronts Cersei as the Mountain watches, the other guy claims the Mountain kills Jaime and Sandor/Brienne kill the Mountain afterwards) to either be evidence that the information conveyed is correct, or one person deliberately wrote their leaks to match the other. Both could be true. 

I think in this scenario, Jaime would be able to get close to Cersei and take her out (choking has been theorized), but then he'd quickly be fatally wounded in turn by the Mountain. While he's in the throes of death, Brienne and Sandor will double team the Mountain, thus fulfilling the cryptic exchange between them in season 7. With the Mountain dead, Brienne and Jaime embrace as he breathes his last. Cue the tears.

At least, that's how one might envision it going down. I have to admit, it's dramatic. 

Obviously, Jaime would be the one to fulfill the valonqar prophecy. Which again, is something most everyone has guessed since AFFC. Cersei's paranoia about Tyrion is clearly a misdirection. 

As for the Tyrion/Bronn exchange, whoever wrote the dialogue either is one of the writers or did their homework before coming up with a fake script. Bronn using the same phrase again ("old cunt") is something that sticks out to me. 

33 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Hide contents

I took the matching details between the leaks (the script says Jaime confronts Cersei as the Mountain watches, the other guy claims the Mountain kills Jaime and Sandor/Brienne kill the Mountain afterwards) to either be evidence that the information conveyed is correct, or one person deliberately wrote their leaks to match the other. Both could be true. 

I think in this scenario, Jaime would be able to get close to Cersei and take her out (choking has been theorized), but then he'd quickly be fatally wounded in turn by the Mountain. While he's in the throes of death, Brienne and Sandor will double team the Mountain, thus fulfilling the cryptic exchange between them in season 7. With the Mountain dead, Brienne and Jaime embrace as he breathes his last. Cue the tears.

At least, that's how one might envision it going down. I have to admit, it's dramatic. 

Obviously, Jaime would be the one to fulfill the valonqar prophecy. Which again, is something most everyone has guessed since AFFC. Cersei's paranoia about Tyrion is clearly a misdirection. 

As for the Tyrion/Bronn exchange, whoever wrote the dialogue either is one of the writers or did their homework before coming up with a fake script. Bronn using the same phrase again ("old cunt") is something that sticks out to me. 

Spoiler

I find that conversation very irrespectful. It's like they used a set phrase that Bronn  has already used but this time to refer to his friend (and Bronn though that Jaime was attractive, he said that he was the old cunt, not Jaime), after having died (possibly in aheroic way? WW or Cersei). And Tyrion doesn't care, and doubles the offer, he doesn't care they are talking about this brother. If that's the level of the show ending it will be very sad.

The army of the dead is defeated.

Many people will die. I think Jaime will kill Cersei, and The Mountain will meet whatever is "coming" for him. Basically all of Cersei's friends and fellow a-holes will be done with. We may even lose a few beloved characters as well. 

Jon and Daenerys will have a child and Daenerys, after becoming queen of the known world, will settle in Dragonstone with her two remaining dragons, leaving Kings Landing in the hands of Tyrion and Verys (assuming the two survive). Jon and Daenerys do not marry and he doesn't claim his right to rule. Instead, Jon will return to the north after all is said and done and explore the territory beyond the wall. Very few people are told who Jon really is, especially if his child is a product of incest. There's really no reason for the world to know if he isn't going to rule anyway. (Looking ahead: since the child is descended from such powerful families and has a massive army, badass bodyguards, dragons, etc, standing behind it, few dwell on the fact it's a bastard. Incest is a bit harder to ignore though and there's no way Jon would want that information to get out.) 

14 hours ago, Lysander said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not exactly. The leaks seem to be random script pages, so we don't have a full picture of the plot, only some bits and pieces.

For example, the script page from the final episode is a scene between Tyrion and Bronn, where they talk about "the queen" (aka Dany) gifting Bronn the Twins as payment for his deeds.

This is what we know from the script pages, combined with some separately leaked info from another reddit user who supposedly is friends with someone in production. We know Jon defeats the Night's King, and that he and Dany supposedly get married beforehand, but nothing after.

This could all be a hoax though, so nothing is definitive.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Giomax said:

The army of the dead is defeated.

Many people will die. I think Jaime will kill Cersei, and The Mountain will meet whatever is "coming" for him. Basically all of Cersei's friends and fellow a-holes will be done with. We may even lose a few beloved characters as well. 

Jon and Daenerys will have a child and Daenerys, after becoming queen of the known world, will settle in Dragonstone with her two remaining dragons, leaving Kings Landing in the hands of Tyrion and Verys (assuming the two survive). Jon and Daenerys do not marry and he doesn't claim his right to rule. Instead, Jon will return to the north after all is said and done and explore the territory beyond the wall. Very few people are told who Jon really is, especially if his child is a product of incest. There's really no reason for the world to know if he isn't going to rule anyway. (Looking ahead: since the child is descended from such powerful families and has a massive army, badass bodyguards, dragons, etc, standing behind it, few dwell on the fact it's a bastard. Incest is a bit harder to ignore though and there's no way Jon would want that information to get out.)

Other way around, really. Bastardy is serious business when it comes to inheritance in the Seven Kingdoms, but incest was tolerated for generations under Dany's ancestors. Targaryen incest would be nothing new or surprising to the people. Besides which, aunt/nephew or uncle/niece isn't necessarily even considered incest. The Starks have done it, too.

Jon has a stated fear of fathering a bastard, so even if he didn't stay with Dany physically, he would surely marry her before going anywhere. Married people don't have to live together, especially in a society where many marriages are of convenience anyway.

Dany's not going to be queen of the known world whatever happens. There are many countries in Essos known to the people in Westeros who trade with them, and Essos is a larger continent.

12 hours ago, Lysander said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

What i found borderline credible about those sceipts was how each of them played off of dynamics from 7x07 really well

The leaks are definitely a hoax, for two reasons I'll put under a spoiler bar:

Spoiler

1. Sue the Fury at WOTW has said that they're fake by pointing out that there's no project name at the top of the script, only the words "Game of Thrones." Sue has never hesitated to debunk fake leaks, and when they're not fake, all that she'll say is not to discuss them in the comments section at WOTW, which was her approach with Lads' spoilers last year. She never stated in no uncertain terms that Lads' leaks were fake as she did with these.

My guess is that Sue knows something that debunks the leaks, e.g. she knows for a fact that Tyrion dies or that Jaime never sees Cersei again, but she can't reveal that information without jeopardizing whatever arrangement WOTW has with HBO to spoil selective tidbits--such as KL being burned with dragonfire--and without risking HBO shutting WOTW down. (The only times WOTW has spoiled something huge have been when they've been reported elsewhere first, such as the pap photos of Kit in costume during the filming of the BOTB.)

2. Tyrion in the script pages calls the war "the War for the Dawn," a phrase that has never been used in the show. The show phrase seems to be "the Great War."

A+ for effort, though. I can see why someone would be fooled.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

The leaks are definitely a hoax, for two reasons I'll put under a spoiler bar:

Hide contents

1. Sue the Fury at WOTW has said that they're fake by pointing out that there's no project name at the top of the script, only the words "Game of Thrones." Sue has never hesitated to debunk fake leaks, and when they're not fake, all that she'll say is not to discuss them in the comments section at WOTW, which was her approach with Lads' spoilers last year. She never stated in no uncertain terms that Lads' leaks were fake as she did with these.

My guess is that Sue knows something that debunks the leaks, e.g. she knows for a fact that Tyrion dies or that Jaime never sees Cersei again, but she can't reveal that information without jeopardizing whatever arrangement WOTW has with HBO to spoil selective tidbits--such as KL being burned with dragonfire--and without risking HBO shutting WOTW down. (The only times WOTW has spoiled something huge have been when they've been reported elsewhere first, such as the pap photos of Kit in costume during the filming of the BOTB.)

2. Tyrion in the script pages calls the war "the War for the Dawn," a phrase that has never been used in the show. The show phrase seems to be "the Great War."

A+ for effort, though. I can see why someone would be fooled.

Point 2 is a very good observation 

15 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Other way around, really. Bastardy is serious business when it comes to inheritance in the Seven Kingdoms, but incest was tolerated for generations under Dany's ancestors. Targaryen incest would be nothing new or surprising to the people. Besides which, aunt/nephew or uncle/niece isn't necessarily even considered incest. The Starks have done it, too.

Jon has a stated fear of fathering a bastard, so even if he didn't stay with Dany physically, he would surely marry her before going anywhere. Married people don't have to live together, especially in a society where many marriages are of convenience anyway.

Dany's not going to be queen of the known world whatever happens. There are many countries in Essos known to the people in Westeros who trade with them, and Essos is a larger continent.

Daenerys did say something to Daario about having Mereen select a leader for themselves. I just feel like D will sort of always be queen of the world in a way because....who could possibly oppose her? 

You're right, being a bastard is a pretty big deal, not only in Westeros but in our own old western society as well. I guess Cercei's children were more harshly ridiculed because they were born to siblings.

5 hours ago, Giomax said:

You're right, being a bastard is a pretty big deal, not only in Westeros but in our own old western society as well. I guess Cercei's children were more harshly ridiculed because they were born to siblings.

Well, remember, they were never officially acknowledged to be the product of incest despite Stannis sending public declarations of it, and he was one of only a few people who knew for certain that they were, so any ridicule they faced was from Stannis and rumor-mongers.

The Targaryens have mostly practiced sibling incest as well. Like Dany's parents Mad King Aerys and Queen Rhaella (Jon's grandparents). If Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen's true parentage had been revealed, it would have been scandalous and "abomination" because Jaime and Cersei didn't have the Targaryen get-out-jail free card for sibling incest, and moreover because it makes Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen not Robert's children and therefore not rightful claimants to the throne. Plus the treason of Cersei and Jaime deceiving their husband/king that way. Robert would have been able to have all five of them executed.

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:
  Hide contents

What i found borderline credible about those sceipts was how each of them played off of dynamics from 7x07 really well

You know, there is such a thing as well-written or perfect parody fanfiction, right?;)

Having read what @Newstar had to say, it reinforces my belief that it is a hoax.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, Cridefea said:
  Hide contents

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, Meera of Tarth said:
  Hide contents

I find that conversation very irrespectful. It's like they used a set phrase that Bronn  has already used but this time to refer to his friend (and Bronn though that Jaime was attractive, he said that he was the old cunt, not Jaime), after having died (possibly in aheroic way? WW or Cersei). And Tyrion doesn't care, and doubles the offer, he doesn't care they are talking about this brother. If that's the level of the show ending it will be very sad.

Spoiler

Bronn and Tyrion would only refer to Jaime as an "old cunt" who got himself killed if Jaime did something truly heroic and they were sort of wistfully mentioning him.  Getting killed by the mountain before taking out Cersei or the NK is not heroic at all.

@Newstar thanks for your posts - I was not enjoying those leaks at all and feel more confident they are fake now.

Archived