TRILOGY

Season 8 Predictions?

403 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, Faera said:

I like this idea. As you said, in the books, the cadet branch is still thriving but it would be satisfying to have Tyrion slight his father one last time by refusing to father a son to carry on the line.

Yeah, people tend to forget about the cadet branches when they talk about houses going extinct. (See also House Arryn.)

33 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

All of this leaves me slightly more confident both Dany and Jon will survive the war against the NK in order for the show to fully milk the drama inherent in two competing Targaryen claims. 

Drama that will be non-existent if the two lovebirds would just do what they both personally want to do and should do for the betterment of the realm: get married, consummate the marriage (...again I guess?) and have kids.

36 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Drama that will be non-existent if the two lovebirds would just do what they both personally want to do and should do for the betterment of the realm: get married, consummate the marriage (...again I guess?) and have kids.

Yea totally. I think that will be the resolution but prob won’t happen until the end. Hopefully they don’t overplay it and turn it into a Sansa/ arya will they kill each other or not situation but in this case its will they go to war or not.

The identity crisises both will undergo and Jon getting weirded out about an avunculate relationship - which is close enough its in this grey area for that society - will be enough for them to milk the drama. That and you throw in Sam’s brother and dad being burnt. Plus an advisor or two whispering in their ear and it feels like its enough to have a low burn tension that will be present in the early part of the season but won’t be dealt with because of the war against the NK. 

Edited by jcmontea