Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, Caterina Sforza said:

What do you think is the best choice to end the story? I mean as in the final conflict/war. I think they are going with KL and Cersei as their final conflict. It does make sense but I'm rather conflicted about it. One of the things I've loved in the series was this looming threat from the Others. It's the biggest threat against the mankind. I'm afraid it will be underwhelming smh if they quickly end that war in order to concentrate more in the final war against Cersei, for the throne. Unless, they manage to do smth grandiose in two episodes, which I presume would be ep.2 and 3. 

I personally don't understand this presumption some people have that Cersei will be the "final boss" simply because such a scenario seems so far removed from the supposed "same ending" of the books. The scale is far greater than getting Cersei's pointless backside off the Iron Throne -- the balance of nature is being plunged into chaos with the destructive dragons and the Winter bringing Others. I know the TV show has a "smaller scale" than the books but I'm willing to give D&D my last ounce of credit that they won't just turn this into "The World vs Cersei Lannister" show.

Now, I am one of those people who is still hoping for a twist to be played with the White Walkers and that they actually have a goal in mind. They went to all that trouble to establish a figurehead among them, the Night King, the presumed "First White Walker" and gave us the backstory up; exactly how he was created by the CotF, that he isn't just a mindless killing machine (nor, funnily enough, are the other Others or even the Wights) and it has been teased that killing him might "cause all the drones to collapse". The latter seems like an indicator of things to come, that killing NK will not be as simple as sticking him with dragonglass. The characters genuinely seem to be gearing up for a confrontation with him while Cersei has been left looking incredibly petty and weak for still trying to play at politics.

Given they went to the trouble of getting NK a dragon, this might allow him to cover more ground and raise dead all over Westeros, rather than make the slow descent from the Wall. I have seen one or two people suggest that he might be headed to the Isle of Faces. If this is true and he chooses to bypass most of the North, save for maybe an early attempt by Jon to fight him, and head further South.

2 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Absolutely. And you may add a representative of the Citadel; no one thought the Westerosi "scientific" authority should be informed?

Indeed, they could have had Archmaester Embros to come and examine it. He's supposed to be the archmaester of the healing arts, after all, and seeing him possibly but heads with Qyburn would have been worth the price of admission.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:03 PM, Faera said:

I personally don't understand this presumption some people have that Cersei will be the "final boss" simply because such a scenario seems so far removed from the supposed "same ending" of the books. The scale is far greater than getting Cersei's pointless backside off the Iron Throne -- the balance of nature is being plunged into chaos with the destructive dragons and the Winter bringing Others. I know the TV show has a "smaller scale" than the books but I'm willing to give D&D my last ounce of credit that they won't just turn this into "The World vs Cersei Lannister" show.

Now, I am one of those people who is still hoping for a twist to be played with the White Walkers and that they actually have a goal in mind. They went to all that trouble to establish a figurehead among them, the Night King, the presumed "First White Walker" and gave us the backstory up; exactly how he was created by the CotF, that he isn't just a mindless killing machine (nor, funnily enough, are the other Others or even the Wights) and it has been teased that killing him might "cause all the drones to collapse". The latter seems like an indicator of things to come, that killing NK will not be as simple as sticking him with dragonglass. The characters genuinely seem to be gearing up for a confrontation with him while Cersei has been left looking incredibly petty and weak for still trying to play at politics.

Given they went to the trouble of getting NK a dragon, this might allow him to cover more ground and raise dead all over Westeros, rather than make the slow descent from the Wall. I have seen one or two people suggest that he might be headed to the Isle of Faces. If this is true and he chooses to bypass most of the North, save for maybe an early attempt by Jon to fight him, and head further South.

Indeed, they could have had Archmaester Embros to come and examine it. He's supposed to be the archmaester of the healing arts, after all, and seeing him possibly but heads with Qyburn would have been worth the price of admission.

Giving the NK a "goal" other than complete annihilation of the human race would be every bit as much a travesty as allowing Cersie to be the last final bad guy. 

4 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Giving the NK a "goal" other than complete annihilation of the human race would be every bit as much a travesty as allowing Cersie to be the last final bad guy. 

:agree:

The Children gave the NK his goal its destroy humans. Now he is just executing it. Don’t see why this needs to change.

Would be surprised at this point if Cersei is not the final boss. That ship sailed when she survived season 7. 

6 hours ago, jcmontea said:

The Children gave the NK his goal its destroy humans. Now he is just executing it. Don’t see why this needs to change.

Would be surprised at this point if Cersei is not the final boss. That ship sailed when she survived season 7. 

Still a more worthy goal than anything Cersei can provide as a climax to this show. 

But, I still fear you are right; they have overplayed that character so much I'll cheer when she finally croaks no matter when it comes.

The series is called "Game of Thrones" for a very good reason (besides that the title is catchy). It was never really about the White Walkers. They are, at least in the TV series, the danger of winter, but not the antagonist of the show. Since the very first Episode Ceresey is established as the antagonist of the series. This story will end with her defeat and the establishment of a new non Lannister dynasty.

3 hours ago, Dragonsbone said:

The series is called "Game of Thrones" for a very good reason (besides that the title is catchy). It was never really about the White Walkers. They are, at least in the TV series, the danger of winter, but not the antagonist of the show. Since the very first Episode Ceresey is established as the antagonist of the series. This story will end with her defeat and the establishment of a new non Lannister dynasty.

The throne has had a new king every two seasons give or take, Cersei has only been in charge 1+ seasons. Meanwhile the Others have been a constant, so I disagree with your ascertain. The show has always been about the triviality of the foils of kingdom, and they need to drop those trivialities to face a greater threat. Cersei's most appropriate demise will not, and should not be some epic battle sequence, rather, everyone will turn there backs on her making her a queen without an army. 

27 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

The throne has had a new king every two seasons give or take, Cersei has only been in charge 1+ seasons. Meanwhile the Others have been a constant, so I disagree with your ascertain. The show has always been about the triviality of the foils of kingdom, and they need to drop those trivialities to face a greater threat. Cersei's most appropriate demise will not, and should not be some epic battle sequence, rather, everyone will turn there backs on her making her a queen without an army. 

I agree with both of you. I think Cersei has been the true antagonist in the show since the beggining. In Season 1 she was Ned’s main antagonist and she has come to personify everything wrong with playing the game of thrones. 

It would be fitting though if she falls though not with a bang but a whimper. We heard throughout season 7 that her rule was based on fear and fear is brittle. A great ending to her would be all the nobles of the land abandoning her and the people of Kl themselves rising up in revolt at the lack of food and the poor preperations she made for winter. 

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

It would be fitting though if she falls though not with a bang but a whimper. We heard throughout season 7 that her rule was based on fear and fear is brittle. A great ending to her would be all the nobles of the land abandoning her and the people of Kl themselves rising up in revolt at the lack of food and the poor preperations she made for winter. 

This is something I could definitely get behind. Such a plot would also allow for her storyline to tie into and even run parallel with the White Walkers plot. It would also provide an interesting parallel to Sansa, who has been taking steps to prepare for Winter.

1 hour ago, Faera said:

This is something I could definitely get behind. Such a plot would also allow for her storyline to tie into and even run parallel with the White Walkers plot. It would also provide an interesting parallel to Sansa, who has been taking steps to prepare for Winter.

Great point about this allowing for the whole thing to run parallel to the white walker plot. Effectively it could all end in one climax if done this way. 

The idea of having one large climax where every plot is tied into both feels like the way we are going and is what George wrote in his original outline.

15 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Great point about this allowing for the whole thing to run parallel to the white walker plot. Effectively it could all end in one climax if done this way. 

The idea of having one large climax where every plot is tied into both feels like the way we are going and is what George wrote in his original outline.

I subscribe to this theory.

23 hours ago, Megorova said:

Jon - The Father

Dany - The Mother

Jaime - The Warrior

Gendry - The Smith

Bran - The Maiden

Melisandre - The Crone

Arya - The Stranger

Though I'm kidding.

:lol: :lol:

45 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

This has always made the most sense to me. I simply cannot see things getting resolved one-by-one; it all needs to come to head together.

On 11/5/2017 at 0:05 PM, Faera said:

This has always made the most sense to me. I simply cannot see things getting resolved one-by-one; it all needs to come to head together.

Agreed. 

Interestingly the actress who played Meera had an interview recently and it does not appear to be looking good for her return

http://watchersonthewall.com/isaac-hempstead-wright-revels-in-crackpot-bran-theories-ellie-kendrick-questions-meera-return-in-game-of-thrones-season-8/

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Agreed. 

Interestingly the actress who played Meera had an interview recently and it does not appear to be looking good for her return

http://watchersonthewall.com/isaac-hempstead-wright-revels-in-crackpot-bran-theories-ellie-kendrick-questions-meera-return-in-game-of-thrones-season-8/

Fine. But there's still one year of filming and she might  still appear in minor scenes, (and thus not being there in the reading) so we'll have to wait and see.

10 hours ago, jcmontea said:

At least it would mean the character survives; my worst nightmare was them bringing Meera back just to kill her off.

5 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Totally. Her getting to survive is a really nice thing for everything she has been through. 

Don't get me wrong - it makes me sad that her story ended like that. Still, given that she was one of the few characters left who I genuinely like unironically and is still a decent human being, it'll be some comfort to me that she isn't going to be death fodder. Y'know, like we know MOST of the remaining cast will be. <_<

I'm still holding out that the books will offer an outcome for all the characters that'll make more sense than what the show has brought it down to. If we ever get them. that is.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Fine. But there's still one year of filming and she might  still appear in minor scenes, (and thus not being there in the reading) so we'll have to wait and see.

“[I’m not appearing] as far as I know. I don’t know. It’s funny because I always get asked, ‘What’s going to happen? Are you in it?’ Genuinely the truth is I don’t know. I wait for the phone to ring and then I find out, but it hasn’t rung so I don’t know. I’ll find out whether I am or not at some point, but for now I haven’t been notified so I’m yet to discover.”

At least, she leaves the door open for her to return. 

2 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

“[I’m not appearing] as far as I know. I don’t know.wills funny because I always get asked, ‘What’s going to happen? Are you in it?’ Genuinely the truth is I don’t know. I wait for the phone to ring and then I find out, but it hasn’t rung so I don’t know. I’ll find out whether I am or not at some point, but for now I haven’t been notified so I’m yet to discover.”

At least, she leaves the door open for her to return. 

When an qctor Leaves the show they are notified. So indeed, her statements could mean Meera eill Be back. Not to forget that other characters such as Sandor or Gendry had kind of secret reappareances and the actors were not allowed to talk about it (even if they werw spotted in filminG locations.

3 hours ago, Faera said:

Don't get me wrong - it makes me sad that her story ended like that. Still, given that she was one of the few characters left who I genuinely like unironically and is still a decent human being, it'll be some comfort to me that she isn't going to be death fodder. Y'know, like we know MOST of the remaining cast will be. <_<

I'm still holding out that the books will offer an outcome for all the characters that'll make more sense than what the show has brought it down to. If we ever get them. that is.

The books I am sure - if they are ever published - will give a more robust ending to most of the secondary characters. Even the tertiary characters in the books will get a more robust ending. 

Archived