Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, Faint said:

I forgot about the Clegane brothers. That was telegraphed as well.

So make that four: Daenerys is pregnant and gives birth; Jaime kills Cersei; the Faceless Men kill Arya (...)

Why would the FM kill Arya? In the show universe, at least, it's all good between them.

7 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Why would the FM kill Arya? In the show universe, at least, it's all good between them.

That's the one I am not sure Benioff and Weiss will have the courage to carry out.

In Martin's story, however, there are always consequences. One cannot simply leave the Faceless Men.

"You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You’ll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

Thinking about what is left for the story. First, I think the Aejon's "Great War" will be over in the first 2 episodes. I think the war between the living and the dead will precede the war for Westeros. Once Team Targaryen defeats the dead, they will have to deal with Cersei. A few details:

1. I don't think simple Dragonglass or fire will kill the KN.  Long Claw might not even do it. Somehow I think Lightbringer may have to do it. Something tells me Jorah will be the one to die, and Hearts bane might be the sword driven through his heart to creat light bringer-making Dany Azor Ahai.  We haven't seen her weird any weapons save the dragons though...

2. I think LF face will be worn by Arya in order to get close to Cersei. Sansa may be involved in some sort of scheme to get them close together. IIRC Cersei wanted LF to display Sansa's head on a pike...Arya "funny little list" completed after -->

3. *Hip hop air horns x6 #Cleganebowl...get hype!!!

4. Air to air combat between Aejon & Dany v NK on UnViserion #Danceofdragonspart2

5. Jamie makes an amazing self sacrifice helping Aejon kill the NK.

6. Tyrion = endgame warden of the west and lord of Casterly Rock, he inherits jamie/cersei baby as his ward.

7. I think Dario Naharris ends up commanding the golden company, betraying cersei, and sacking KL (symmetry to Tywin Lannister sacking KL and Mad king)

8. All Direwolves present during final battle w WWs.

9. 8.01 will be a bloodbath of minor or sub-major characters:

-Theon dies attempting to rescue Tara, and is successful completing his arc.

-Greyworm dies defending Missandi.

- Jorah dies bringing light bringer to life.

-Mellisandre dies at Arya's hand on her way to KL from Winterfell w Sansa, Gendry, and the Hound. 

-Beric dies from some wound suffered during the fall of the wall, in castle black so we all get to see Dollerous Edd.

10. Jamie and Brianne get really close to becoming something just prior to Jamie's hero arc coming to fruition. 

11. The Carstarks, Glovers, and Umbers actually do something meaningful.

12. Dr. Branhatten displays some real power in the great war and is a deciding factor against the NK. 

13. Sam returns to the Citadel and becomes a "Wizard"

14. Dany and Aejon actually rule (see: LoTR)

15. They have a kid that lives to become a ruler.

16. No one cares about, or mentions Rickon.

17. Dorne is still completely irrelevant. 

18. The Iron Banker will strip away a face to display Ja'ken H'gar.

I can't think of any more, I'm sure I'll change my mind 904357340597203495823 times before the next season but what the hell...

4 hours ago, Faint said:

That's the one I am not sure Benioff and Weiss will have the courage to carry out.

In Martin's story, however, there are always consequences. One cannot simply leave the Faceless Men.

Yes, there are consequences. That doesnt mean Arya will necessarily be killed off by faceless men in books. Thats not where that story is heading anyway imo.

Arya takes LFs face to kill someone, Cersei possibly, but gets killed in KL herself because Cersei knows LF is a traitor, something Arya does not know.

Arya followed and spied LF as a prey.  LF didnt care about Arya, he had bigger things to worry about,  like saving his head from Lannisters and preparing Sansa's rule so they can defeat the Lannisters and take the iron throne.  

But he noticed Arya spying.  He was okay with Arya stealing the letter, did not want open confrontation over petty stuff.  But he was also okay with Sansa neutraluzing Arya in a trial, because Arya was unpredictable and could be a threat, could mess up plans against Lannisters, could kill him.

Cersei miscarries her baby (since Maggy the frog said she'll only have 3 children) and then has a complete mental breakdown before being killed by Jaime or Arya. 

Aejon and Dany marry

The remaining direwolves die off

Turns out, Varys isn't actually a eunuch, and he makes a shadow baby with Melisandre that kills the NK. (just kidding)

JON and DANY 

1. Dany will get pregnant; irony of all ironies, Jon will beget a bastard. 

2. Jon and Dany will get married, if only for their child - they are both pretty paternal/maternal, I highly doubt they would let their individual ambition get in the way of protecting their baby. 

3. We will see all three dragons in battle at once - Dany on Drogon, Jon on Rhaegal, and the NK on Viserion. 

4. Either Jon or Dany will die after defeating the NK - I actually think the NK defeat will happen towards the middle of the season and the final episodes will be dedicated to cleaning up the political arena and picking up the pieces for those who have survived. 

STARKS

5. Winterfell is going to be first in the line of attack by the NK; I believe it will be burned down by Viserion, sort of like Harrenhal but with blue/ice dragonfire. 

6. While Dany and Jon battle the NK, Sansa and Arya will lead the rest of the people out and south towards safety.

7. They will meet Cersei - I feel like she has to leave KL for some reason. Not sure what the reason will be but I think the show will bookend her travelling north in Episode 1 with her dying while traveling out of KL again at the end of her arc. 

8. The Hound will kill the Mountain. Either Arya or Tyrion will kill Cersei (I'd prefer Arya). 

9. Sansa/Sandor and Arya/Gendry relationships will develop over this time. 

10. In the last episode, we will see Sansa leading the last host of Northerners back to the wrecks of Winterfell and beginning the restoration work (GRRM's homage to the Scouring of the Shire that he loves so much). She is pregnant and it's a sign of life going on as ever and that House Stark will keep going as it always has. 

11. After the fighting is over, we'll probably see Arya and Gendry rowing away west of Westeros - a bittersweet ending. 

LANNISTERS

11. Not entirely sure what Tyrion's role is anymore. Can't say. I just see him either taking on the role of Lord of Casterly Rock at the end or retiring quietly to some vineyard somewhere. 

12. Jaime will find some resolution with Brienne but, unfortunately, I don't see a happy ending for them mostly because Jaime just has too much bad karma on his hands to survive the story. 

13. Cersei dies. 

Tyrion will arrange that Cersei and Dany can agree of peace and they will combine their families by letting their babies marry later. Cersei - and maybe Dany too - will die after/during birthgiving. Targaryen blood will be strong in their union, because we will learn that Cersei and Jaime are in fact Targaryen and that Jaime is the father of Cersei's baby after all. This would be the most incestuous scenario and not likely to happen in the show.

My only real prediction is that D&D will continue to disappoint us, the dialouge will be worse, the plot will make less sense, and the action will be more awesome.  I feel pretty confident of the following...

1.  Jaime will sacrifice himself to make the final blow to defeat the WW/AoD.

2.  Daenerys will die in childbirth.

3.  CleganeBowl!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking confirmed.  Get hype.

4.  We get more Theon redemption story wasting more time on something no one cares about.  He saved Sansa/fArya already, redeemed him enough in my eyes - just let him die.

I previously thought that Arya and Gendry would rule on the Iron Throne after the series was over with Davos as their Hand, but seeing as S7 is really hinting at Jon getting Daenerys pregnant (and Arya being a pyschopathic killer), I am wavering on it a bit.  I also thought Tyrion would get CR, but if Dany and Jon have a kid and both die I see Tyrion as the Lord Regent and foster parent of the child.  No clue what happens with Cersei and Euron - them hiring the golden company threw me for a loop.

I think in the books that the war against the Others would be waged by Stannis and Jon concurrently with Daenerys vs. Aegon vs. Euron (Cersei dying relatively soon), such that 2 conflicts are taking place simultaneously for the most part.  The bittersweet part is that after Jon convinces Daenerys to fight the Others it is already after the north has been wiped out and the south is reeling from their own war, such that humanity will eventually win after Daenerys and whatever remaining dragons enter the fray but the population will be nearly wiped out.

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

My only real prediction is that D&D will continue to disappoint us, the dialouge will be worse, the plot will make less sense, and the action will be more awesome.  I feel pretty confident of the following...

1.  Jaime will sacrifice himself to make the final blow to defeat the WW/AoD.

2.  Daenerys will die in childbirth.

3.  CleganeBowl!!!!!!!!!!  Fucking confirmed.  Get hype.

4.  We get more Theon redemption story wasting more time on something no one cares about.  He saved Sansa/fArya already, redeemed him enough in my eyes - just let him die.

I previously thought that Arya and Gendry would rule on the Iron Throne after the series was over with Davos as their Hand, but seeing as S7 is really hinting at Jon getting Daenerys pregnant (and Arya being a pyschopathic killer), I am wavering on it a bit.  I also thought Tyrion would get CR, but if Dany and Jon have a kid and both die I see Tyrion as the Lord Regent and foster parent of the child.  No clue what happens with Cersei and Euron - them hiring the golden company threw me for a loop.

I think in the books that the war against the Others would be waged by Stannis and Jon concurrently with Daenerys vs. Aegon vs. Euron (Cersei dying relatively soon), such that 2 conflicts are taking place simultaneously for the most part.  The bittersweet part is that after Jon convinces Daenerys to fight the Others it is already after the north has been wiped out and the south is reeling from their own war, such that humanity will eventually win after Daenerys and whatever remaining dragons enter the fray but the population will be nearly wiped out.

I think you're absolutely right about the war with the others waged by Stannis and Jon while Danny fights her own battles against Aegon and Euron (though I think Cersei will be around still for a while so she will be in on it). I think it will be like the LOTR where the movies focus on like two major battles compared to the books where the scale of the war is insane. I think there are three other decent battles that they don't reference. But anyway, in LOTR book they have a southern theater and the northern theater battles. I see GRRM doing something like that. But it's something I don't think TV/Movie could ever reproduce.

4 hours ago, #teamNightking said:

I have this fear that next season will open with Beric helping Tormund out of a lake somewhere safe from the destruction of the wall with no explanation. :wacko:

He'll ask: "Did the earth move for you too?"

Season 8 Predictions: 

- Both Jon and Dany survive, get married, have a kid, become the next Jaeherys/ Alisane but they make enough changes in government where they have truly broken the wheel. All the small folk reforms that Aegon V wanted are passed, the power of the nobility is curtailed along with their ability to raise their own armies, we get a parliament with significant small folk representation etc. Dany goes down as the Mother of Westeros for saving the country and changing the direction of government. Both of them carry a deep sadness with them at everything they have suffered both before the series and after.

- Jaime dies heroically in the battle versus the Night King and plays a key role in allowing Jon to kill the Night King. Perhaps saving him which would be in keeping with his role as a Kingsguard and dies Brienne's arms the woman he loves. 

- Cersei is betrayed by Enron there is no golden company and is stripped of all power and is eventually killed in the red keep by Arya 

- Tyrion helps Arya get into Red Keep with his knowledge of the tunnels 

- most of the non Stark/ Targaryen characters are killed in the battle against the white walkers 

- Drogon and Dany burn the Night King out of the sky and the phrase "fire cannot kill a dragon" and "a dragon is not a slave" play a role in the confrontation. 

- Sansa becomes the head of House Stark 

Don't know if I'm repeating anything that's already been said. I haven't read every post. But here are my predictions:

- There will not be enough food for the winter. Many will die of famine during the war against the WW. I know that Sansa is storing food in Winterfell as she expects the war to take place there, but the NK has a dragon now. Winterfell might be destroyed along with the food they stored there (I hope not, but I assume the NK and his army will be heading there first)

- Jon's parentage will cause some tension between him and The North. The execution of the Tarlys will add to this tension.

- Drogon and Rhaegal will not survive the series.

- The 7 Kingdoms will not be ruled by a single person nor by a duo of husband and wife. Such power will be split among several people.

- Dany will be betrayed once more (hopefully by someone the audience would never suspect)

Archived