Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Bran seems to be more himself at the end of the season than at the beginning, especially with Sam. 

It's probably splitting hairs as to whether Jon's hand was burned by the fire of the lamp or the hot lamp itself.  But this happened before Dragons reappeared in the world. Magic is ascendant. He's also died and been resurrected since then (by a fire god no less).  His immunity to fire, particularly under the right circumstances, is an open question.

whether it was from the fire or the lamp it does not matter. Show Dany has been shown to be fire proof both directly from fire and from hot objects (dragon eggs). 

I suppose that is possible that he is now fire proof. But given the lack of any evidence suggesting that and the evidence showing he can be burnt at one time I would say the overwhelming probability at this point has to be that he is no unburnt. but who knows. 

41 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

whether it was from the fire or the lamp it does not matter. Show Dany has been shown to be fire proof both directly from fire and from hot objects (dragon eggs). 

I suppose that is possible that he is now fire proof. But given the lack of any evidence suggesting that and the evidence showing he can be burnt at one time I would say the overwhelming probability at this point has to be that he is no unburnt. but who knows. 

Yeah well, if he don't get burned once he won't learn nuthin'.

Remember that GRRM has also stated that Dany's fire immunity isn't that straightforward either, despite her demonstrated (book and show) tolerance for heat.

Of course, she is vulnerable to WOLF-HEATTM!

Snap.

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah well, if he don't get burned once he won't learn nuthin'.

Remember that GRRM has also stated the Danys fire immunity isn't that straightforward either, despite her (book and show) demonstrated tolerance for heat.

Of course, she is vulnerable to WOLF-HEATTM!

Snap.

lol! The Dragon can't resist the Wolf. 

- Clegane bowl : as new Gregor is too strong for Sandor, Arya will help, like Howland Reed in Ned Vs Arthur Dayne fight. So both Arya and the hound will check their list.

- Jaime kill Cersei

- Jon die killing NK

- Dany die giving birth to not 1 (poor lonesome Targ in the world), not 2 (already done far away), but 3 children, 1 boy and 2 girls. So she will recreate the original Targ family which conquered Westeros 300 years ago.

- Sansa and Tyrion rule the kingdom as long these children as too young.

For other characters, I predict a lot of deaths : Jorah, Tormund, Brienne, Beric, Varys, Greyworm, Melissandre, Theon.

5 hours ago, valgrel said:

- Clegane bowl : as new Gregor is too strong for Sandor, Arya will help, like Howland Reed in Ned Vs Arthur Dayne fight. So both Arya and the hound will check their list.

- Jaime kill Cersei

- Jon die killing NK

- Dany die giving birth to not 1 (poor lonesome Targ in the world), not 2 (already done far away), but 3 children, 1 boy and 2 girls. So she will recreate the original Targ family which conquered Westeros 300 years ago.

- Sansa and Tyrion rule the kingdom as long these children as too young.

For other characters, I predict a lot of deaths : Jorah, Tormund, Brienne, Beric, Varys, Greyworm, Melissandre, Theon.

The only coherent thing is Arya and Sandor, the rest will never happen.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:45 AM, valgrel said:

We actually have some textual support for such an eventuality (i.e., the House of Undying). Child of three and all that. If anyone was going to have triplets, she would be the likely suspect. 

Wishful thinking: Writing will improve.

Otherwise:

Dany might get pregnant. If she is, she might or might not die in childbirth, but her child will die--I think MMD's prophecy was correct and Dany will never give birth to a living child. I'm thinking of her miscarriage in the Dothraki Sea (Dance) as a hint. 

Death of Dany's heir, and possibly of Dany, will bring about the end of the Targs as a powerful family. That's sweet for me, but bittersweet for everyone else.

Jaime kills Cersei, but later in the season rather than earlier. I think she'll get her mercenaries and force Jon-Dany into a two-front war.

4 hours ago, kimim said:

Wishful thinking: Writing will improve.

Otherwise:

Dany might get pregnant. If she is, she might or might not die in childbirth, but her child will die--I think MMD's prophecy was correct and Dany will never give birth to a living child. I'm thinking of her miscarriage in the Dothraki Sea (Dance) as a hint. 

Death of Dany's heir, and possibly of Dany, will bring about the end of the Targs as a powerful family. That's sweet for me, but bittersweet for everyone else.

Jaime kills Cersei, but later in the season rather than earlier. I think she'll get her mercenaries and force Jon-Dany into a two-front war.

Too Many book readers or forum-friendly people continue to spread this, and it infuriated me how they tried to add it in last minute this season. It is very important to note, in the Game of thrones series, MMD DOES NOT SAY THAT DANY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE BIRTH TO A LIVING CHILD. In fact, it is the only part of the prophecy and the conversation from the book that is blantantly left out. She stops at Mountains blowing in the wind, then he will return to you. I remember watching the show after reading the book and immediately thinking that dany will at somepoint get pregnant because they blatantly left out the "When your womb quickens, and you bear a living child...then he will return to you" line.

8 minutes ago, balerionsteel. said:

Too Many book readers or forum-friendly people continue to spread this, and it infuriated me how they tried to add it in last minute this season. It is very important to note, in the Game of thrones series, MMD DOES NOT SAY THAT DANY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE BIRTH TO A LIVING CHILD. In fact, it is the only part of the prophecy and the conversation from the book that is blantantly left out. She stops at Mountains blowing in the wind, then he will return to you. I remember watching the show after reading the book and immediately thinking that dany will at somepoint get pregnant because they blatantly left out the "When your womb quickens, and you bear a living child...then he will return to you" line.

Don't get infuriated! I've read the book multiple times, watched that season once. Sorry.

Having said that, there's not a great deal of difference between "you're infertile" and "you will not bear living children," when it comes to continuing a dynasty. This season the show brought up MMD's prophecy that Dany would be unable to have heirs: Dany mentioned it to Jon, Tyrion to Dany in the context of figuring out some way of finding sovereigns without dynastic inheritance. My feeling is that either Dany's infertile, or she will become pregnant and her child will die. Either way, the line won't continue through her. It can, of course, continue through Jon, if he lives and chooses to become king. I'm not sure if he'll survive, or agree to the kingship, however.

2 minutes ago, kimim said:

Don't get infuriated! I've read the book multiple times, watched that season once. Sorry.

Having said that, there's not a great deal of difference between "you're infertile" and "you will not bear living children," when it comes to continuing a dynasty. This season the show brought up MMD's prophecy that Dany would be unable to have heirs: Dany mentioned it to Jon, Tyrion to Dany in the context of figuring out some way of finding sovereigns without dynastic inheritance. My feeling is that either Dany's infertile, or she will become pregnant and her child will die. Either way, the line won't continue through her. It can, of course, continue through Jon, if he lives and chooses to become king. I'm not sure if he'll survive, or agree to the kingship, however.

There's a fairly significant difference between "you are infertile/will not bear living children due stillbirths, miscarriages, and infant deformity" and "you're going to join the Dosh Kaleen and never have sex, much less the opportunity for children, again".

Remember, MMD would have assumed that Daenerys would be taken to Vaes Dothrak to join the Dosh Kaleen as the widow of a Khal - and therefore been completely and utterly off limits and untouchable. Decidedly hard for Daenerys to have children without having sex first.

Jon doesn't actually need to become King in order to perpetuate House Targaryen. He just needs to marry and have children with someone (well, marriage is technically optional).

39 minutes ago, kimim said:

hahah not with you ! just with the show writers. They never mentioned that dany was infertile for 6 seasons. They purposely left out a major line in a MAJOR prophecy which was the only time that dany would have been told by the witch that she was infertile. They cut it, presumbably because the show writers knew that they were going to have dany have a child, and that if all these things come true "Drogo" would come back to her. They probably figured itd be easier to make the spell MMD tells her a fancy way of saying "never." So after 6 seasons of presumable fertile dany, write before filming season 7 they figured...."ah shit wouldnt it be way more poetic if we said dany couldnt have children ever repeatedly leading up to her actually having a surprise baby ?" half assed.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, valgrel said:

That would make sense if Drogon and Rhaegal also died vs. NK (i.e. extension of logic that Viserion's death may break curse).

1 hour ago, Kytheros said:

There's a fairly significant difference between "you are infertile/will not bear living children due stillbirths, miscarriages, and infant deformity" and "you're going to join the Dosh Kaleen and never have sex, much less the opportunity for children, again".

Remember, MMD would have assumed that Daenerys would be taken to Vaes Dothrak to join the Dosh Kaleen as the widow of a Khal - and therefore been completely and utterly off limits and untouchable. Decidedly hard for Daenerys to have children without having sex first.

I speak as a person who only watched each season once, so I went back and looked at the script. By the time Dany wakes up from giving birth, the khalasar is gone--ie., the only people who can drag Dany off to Vaes Dothrak are unavailable. Dany herself is an outsider, and unlikely to join the Dosh Kaleen voluntarily. MMD would know this, so that prospect should be no part of her prophecy. 

...and season 1 cuts out the prophecy altogether. "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Then you shall return to me, my sun and stars," is Dany mourning Drogo. It has nothing to do with her ability to have children.

I don't have the patience to search through every script, but I think Dany's infertility comes up for the first time this season, but everyone's speaking as if it was always a part of MMD's prophecy.

17 minutes ago, kimim said:

I speak as a person who only watched each season once, so I went back and looked at the script. By the time Dany wakes up from giving birth, the khalasar is gone--ie., the only people who can drag Dany off to Vaes Dothrak are unavailable. Dany herself is an outsider, and unlikely to join the Dosh Kaleen voluntarily. MMD would know this, so that prospect should be no part of her prophecy. 

...and season 1 cuts out the prophecy altogether. "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Then you shall return to me, my sun and stars," is Dany mourning Drogo. It has nothing to do with her ability to have children.

I don't have the patience to search through every script, but I think Dany's infertility comes up for the first time this season, but everyone's speaking as if it was always a part of MMD's prophecy.

In the books, most of the khalasar has gone, but there's still some of it left - more than enough to take Daenerys to Vaes Dothrak.

Indeed, one those who would become her bloodriders were planning to take her to Vaes Dothrak for her to become one of the crones of the Dosh Khaleen after giving Drogo the pyre, and it's likely that the rest of them would have assisted. Indeed, Daenerys didn't even ask them to become her bloodriders until after MMD had given the prophecy in Daenery's last chapter.

39 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

In the books, most of the khalasar has gone, but there's still some of it left - more than enough to take Daenerys to Vaes Dothrak.

Indeed, one those who would become her bloodriders were planning to take her to Vaes Dothrak for her to become one of the crones of the Dosh Khaleen after giving Drogo the pyre, and it's likely that the rest of them would have assisted. Indeed, Daenerys didn't even ask them to become her bloodriders until after MMD had given the prophecy in Daenery's last chapter.

I was talking about the show, where if MMD made the prophecy, it would have been after the khalasar left, could have nothing to do with the Dosh Khaleen. I'd like to know if anyone mentions the prophecy before season 7. MMD did not utter it season 1. In the books, the wording is

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Why not end with "when your womb quickens again"? I read this as Dany will be unable to bear a living child. Dany's miscarriage in the Dothraki Sea supports that, but this is just my take. 

And all this is pointless, as the prophecy is not in the show.

12 minutes ago, kimim said:

I was talking about the show, where if MMD made the prophecy, it would have been after the khalasar left, could have nothing to do with the Dosh Khaleen. I'd like to know if anyone mentions the prophecy before season 7. MMD did not utter it season 1. In the books, the wording is

Why not end with "when your womb quickens again"? I read this as Dany will be unable to bear a living child. Dany's miscarriage in the Dothraki Sea supports that, but this is just my take. 

And all this is pointless, as the prophecy is not in the show.

Its supposed to emphasize the prophecy even more so, to make it that it is impossible. Not only is she saying her womb will never quicken, meaning she cannot get pregnant, but even then if she did, she is saying she will never bear a living child.

If you guys are gonna keep discussing Dany's eventual baby, you should watch this video:

The prophecy is still important, even if half of it was cut from the show.
It might also very well simply be a continuity error, since Daenerys herself said that MMD said that she wouldn't be able to have children, so clearly that part of the prophecy is still a part of the show, even if they never actually showed MMD say it.

2 hours ago, kimim said:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

The object of this "prophesy" isn't Dany producing a viable offspring; its the return of Khal Drogo.  Does anyone think Drogo will return?

Not a prophesy.

Archived