Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

19 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

There was plenty of buildup (gazes of longing and intrigue, intimate scenes of them being alone in E6 and E7, handholding, etc.),

No, I don't ignore the "buildup". It's just that I don't consider that "that" should be called this way for reasons. In fact, I knew what would happen because I had read spoilers so I even payed more attention to how it would be developed and looked for more signs than if I didn't know it would happen.

And after having seen s7 and having rewwatched until episode 4 (included) I can confirm that I have seen no buildup that could be considered romantic.

Looking for details, though the only things for "romance" are:

• Jonerys theme-> themes are used in romantic stories, but not until something has been developed between the characters. It's after the previous story whehn we start listening to themes in typical TV, even in this show. So that's a forced romantic sign because it happens since the very beginning (Dany giving the dragonglass to Jon).
  • Missandei talking about Missworm just before Jon appears. Also, a forced external sign to remind the audience that Dany might be looking for romance as well, and, so conveniently, Jon appears. Forced again.
  • Davos' speech in the same epi. Another person reminding us that we should be looking at Jonerys with romantic eyes.
  • The scene in which Dany gives Jon the dragonglass. The scene shows zero romantic signs, in fact it's about about she following Tyrion's advice, they barely talk to develop something romantic. BUT Dany gives him a secret long gaze.. I suppose you were referring to that. . So, while it could be a first TV sign of pre-romance (even if she is obviously not in love with him) if it had to be developed in the future (with much more episodes) that's not how the story progressed. In fact, She can't be feeling anythigng but sexual attraction. There can't be romantic tension there because they have seen eachother just once and to develop a romance characters need to have spend time and shared experiences. It doesn't apply to Jonerys here
  • Caves. Here is where she starts understanding that Jon might be right, so it could be the start of a friendship. I can't argue against that. Too bad that possibly tehey used Jon's hand touching Dany to suggest he is deeply in love with her and she is in love with him because she decides he has to bend the knee. Seriously.

Summary until episode4: Jon has met a girl who is as stubborn as him, very beautiful, and very different from him. His main purpose has been achieved since she says OK to dragonglass, so he could start developing a relationship of trust and possibly friendship with her. Possibly sexual attraction at first sight. Dany doesn't like Jon at all, he refuses to bend the knee but later in one scene she discovers that his goal is noble, so she can start seeing at him as someone not to despise. She starts to understand him. Possible sexual attraction at first sight given the forced signs. No romance at all. Shared experiences? A cave. Time? A few days at most just three scenes, and they are not even friends in those three.

So until episode 4 there's no romance, not even friendship there, just starting to understand each other as two strangers. 

The show gives us 2 forced signs (Davos and Missandei), Jonerys bittersweet/romantic theme (it's subjective) and Jon touching Dany as a possible badly written sign of "they will be in love soon", and a forced badly written scene of Dany possbly looking at Jon because we are forced to believe she is starting to feel in love with him after one scene in which she meets him and doesn't want to bend the knee. 

So NO romance at all until episode 4.

From these, we have what? OK, 3 intimate scenes after crucial moments (boat, exhibition and boatsex), but before those 3 scenes IIRC there are only two or three scenes which are:

-Dany being worried about Jon bc he will go to the wight hunt (more worried than with Jorah, which is totally inconsistent with the writting, unless they are forcing us to see it as that "she is in love with him", which can't be applied since their first scenes before that can't develop anything more than a friendship, sexual curiosity or, even some mystery...but not "falling in love". 

-Jon is a Targ, likes dragons. That's about Jon, not Jonerys. Again, nothing romantic. friendship? Yes, I could see the development of it bc he likes her dragon.

-Dany saying goodbye to Jon.

I might have missed something/changed the order, in that case, I apologise since I'm not fan of the ship, but fortunately, I am still trying to be consistent with what I call a TV show romance.

So your handholding+intimate moments are those two scenes after these two other events, and these prior events are followed up by other scenes that indicate ZERO romantic development, so the story is forced and badly written as a romance..

but judging from the rest of your post, you're a part of the audience that abhors their relationship for no other reason than "OMG they're related, nasty!", so you probably ignored the buildup (perhaps unintentionally) because you didn't like it.

I abhor them for that, but don't judge by the rest of the post but for the whole thing. Incest is not the main issue  with that relationship.

I mentioned lots of things about why I don't like it and incest is important, but since they don't know they are related, if the romance was good (like other ones just like Jaime and Brienne) I'd not ship it, but I'd not be against it. The fact is that, is extremely badly done, rushed and I don't like to be told that I'm watching a "romance".

You are entitled to your opinion, but please don't make it sound like this is an objective fact. It's not.
I wasn't a "Jonerys-shipper" in S7E1, the fact that they might end up together had barely even crossed my mind, but by S7E7 I very much ship them and I like how their relationship progressed during S7. 

My dislike is subjective, but I say objective facts.

The romance in terms of development has plotholes, as I explained in the first paragaph of this reply (you can't be in love with someoene after two scenes and just one "shared" experience in a cave). For the pacing od a TV show, it's rushed.

I discussed why I think it's forced, explaining the scenes in particular.

I also liked how they relationship progressedin terms of shared connection  (from being strangers to Dany understanding his motives) for instance, but I can't believe they are in love and the fact that they forced it destroyed any credibility in it as a romance. 

I would not ship it eitherway, but it would have been a better story if they had met earlier, shared a story together and they had pushed the thing for season 8. However, I also think the main reason they did that was because it might be doomed and they don't want us to be investe din it, but I could be wrong and it just be bad writing and not something more apart from it.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No, I don't ignore the "buildup". It's just that I don't consider that "that" should be called this way for reasons. In fact, I knew what would happen because I had read spoilers so I even payed more attention to how it would be developed and looked for more signs than if I didn't know it would happen.

And after having seen s7 and having rewwatched until episode 4 (included) I can confirm that I have seen no buildup that could be considered romantic.

Looking for details, though the only things for "romance" are:

• Jonerys theme-> themes are used in romantic stories, but not until something has been developed between the characters. It's after the previous story whehn we start listening to themes in typical TV, even in this show. So that's a forced romantic sign because it happens since the very beginning (Dany giving the dragonglass to Jon).
  • Missandei talking about Missworm just before Jon appears. Also, a forced external sign to remind the audience that Dany might be looking for romance as well, and, so conveniently, Jon appears. Forced again.
  • Davos' speech in the same epi. Another person reminding us that we should be looking at Jonerys with romantic eyes.
  • The scene in which Dany gives Jon the dragonglass. The scene shows zero romantic signs, in fact it's about about she following Tyrion's advice, they barely talk to develop something romantic. BUT Dany gives him a secret long gaze.. I suppose you were referring to that. . So, while it could be a first TV sign of pre-romance (even if she is obviously not in love with him) if it had to be developed in the future (with much more episodes) that's not how the story progressed. In fact, She can't be feeling anythigng but sexual attraction. There can't be romantic tension there because they have seen eachother just once and to develop a romance characters need to have spend time and shared experiences. It doesn't apply to Jonerys here
  • Caves. Here is where she starts understanding that Jon might be right, so it could be the start of a friendship. I can't argue against that. Too bad that possibly tehey used Jon's hand touching Dany to suggest he is deeply in love with her and she is in love with him because she decides he has to bend the knee. Seriously.

Summary until episode4: Jon has met a girl who is as stubborn as him, very beautiful, and very different from him. His main purpose has been achieved since she says OK to dragonglass, so he could start developing a relationship of trust and possibly friendship with her. Possibly sexual attraction at first sight. Dany doesn't like Jon at all, he refuses to bend the knee but later in one scene she discovers that his goal is noble, so she can start seeing at him as someone not to despise. She starts to understand him. Possible sexual attraction at first sight given the forced signs. No romance at all. Shared experiences? A cave. Time? A few days at most just three scenes, and they are not even friends in those three.

So until episode 4 there's no romance, not even friendship there, just starting to understand each other as two strangers. 

The show gives us 2 forced signs (Davos and Missandei), Jonerys bittersweet/romantic theme (it's subjective) and Jon touching Dany as a possible badly written sign of "they will be in love soon", and a forced badly written scene of Dany possbly looking at Jon because we are forced to believe she is starting to feel in love with him after one scene in which she meets him and doesn't want to bend the knee. 

So NO romance at all until episode 4.

From these, we have what? OK, 3 intimate scenes after crucial moments (boat, exhibition and boatsex), but before those two scenes IIRC there are only two scenes which are:

-Dany being worried about Jon bc he will go to the wight hunt (more worried than with Jorah, which is totally inconsistent with the writting, unless they are forcing us to see it as that "she is in love with him", which can't be applied since their first scenes before that can't develop anything more than a friendship, sexual curiosity or, even some mystery...but not "falling in love". 

-Dany saying goodbye to Jon.

I might have missed something, in that case, I apologise since I'm not fan of the ship, but fortunately, I am still trying to be consistent with what I call a TV show romance.

So your handholding+intimate moments are those two scenes after these two other events, and these prior events are followed up by other scenes that indicate ZERO romantic development, so the story is forced and badly written.

I abhor them for that, but don't judge by the rest of the post but for the whole thing. Incest is not the main issue  with that relationship.

I mentioned lots of things about why I don't like it and incest is important, but since they don't know they are related, if the romance was good (like other ones just like Jaime and Brienne) I'd not ship it, but I'd not be against it. The fact is that, is extremely badly done, rushed and I don't like to be told that I'm watching a "romance".

My dislike is subjective, but I say objective facts.

The romance in terms of development has plotholes, as I explained in the first paragaph of this reply (you can't be in love with someoene after two scenes and just one "shared" experience in a cave). For the pacing od a TV show, it's rushed.

I discussed why I think it's forced, explaining the scenes in particular.

I also liked how they relationship progressedin terms of shared connection  (from being strangers to Dany understanding his motives) for instance, but I can't believe they are in love and the fact that they forced it destroyed any credibility in it as a romance. 

I would not ship it eitherway, but it would have been a better story if they had met earlier, shared a story together and they had pushed the thing for season 8. However, I also think the main reason they did that was because it might be doomed and they don't want us to be investe din it, but I could be wrong and it just be bad writing and not something more apart from it.

What you wrote is technically not true "you can't be in love with someoene after two scenes and just one "shared" experience in a cave" 

Love at first sight has been studied and its been determined that its actually a thing that exists. In a pre-agricultural world, where there were not many people around you could mate with, being able to fall in love with someone quickly and reproduce conferred significant survival advantages. So being able to fall in love quickly is actually a thing. 

I think for these two, i buy that they would fall in love quick since literally they are the only two people in the world that are each others equals. The mating pool is super shallow for them. 

Having said that, I don't think what we saw was love at first sight and they were not really in love - versus wanting to have epic boat sex - until episode 6, maybe 5. 

Also, i think your missing the romantic elements in the scene where she gives him the Dragonglass. From her perspective, this guy just reminded her of her brother Rhaegar who Barry told her was the finest man she ever meet. That is a big deal and huge reason for her to be super intrigued. From his perspective, she just validated his entire mission everything he took a risk for. That is also a big deal. 

I could do a scene by scene analysis and show you that every scene they shared was about them getting to know each other on a profound level and realizing how similar they are. But i don't think that would actually change your mind. 

4 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I could do a scene by scene analysis and show you that every scene they shared was about them getting to know each other on a profound level and realizing how similar they are. But i don't think that would actually change your mind. 

VERY subjective, but I think the problem isn't that they can't be in love or that the script isn't there, but that the actors have zero chemistry together. I'd go further and say that neither Harrington nor Clarke is good enough to create excitement when the chemistry isn't there. Compare their scenes together with Olenna and Jaime at the beginning of the season, or Cersei and Jaime at the end. These people are very, very good at what they do, and would probably generate a memorable scene reading the phone book to one another. Harrington and Clarke, not so much.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

What you wrote is technically not true "you can't be in love with someoene after two scenes and just one "shared" experience in a cave" 

Love at first sight has been studied and its been determined that its actually a thing that exists. In a pre-agricultural world, where there were not many people around you could mate with, being able to fall in love with someone quickly and reproduce conferred significant survival advantages. So being able to fall in love quickly is actually a thing. 

I think for these two, i buy that they would fall in love quick since literally they are the only two people in the world that are each others equals. The mating pool is super shallow for them. 

Having said that, I don't think what we saw was love at first sight and they were not really in love - versus wanting to have epic boat sex - until episode 6, maybe 5. 

Also, i think your missing the romantic elements in the scene where she gives him the Dragonglass. From her perspective, this guy just reminded her of her brother Rhaegar who Barry told her was the finest man she ever meet. That is a big deal and huge reason for her to be super intrigued. From his perspective, she just validated his entire mission everything he took a risk for. That is also a big deal. 

If that's scientifically correct, let's believe it. I just don't see it more than sexual attraction. They have had no time to fall for each other, they don't know each other, just some things. Frankly, Jon can't love a woman whose priority is to make him submit the North and he might like to discover that she doens't want to burn people alive and destroy KL, butl later she actually burns people! after she asking him what to do....she does the contrary. How does that make her his equal?

And how can Dany see Jon as similar as Rhaegar? What Barri told her was that he was a good guy, liked singing songs to peopl, what he has seen in Jon is a Northener who wants to protect people, fighting for the good, no singing, Rheagar didn't like fighting according to Barri

47 minutes ago, kimim said:

VERY subjective, but I think the problem isn't that they can't be in love or that the script isn't there, but that the actors have zero chemistry together. I'd go further and say that neither Harrington nor Clarke is good enough to create excitement when the chemistry isn't there. Compare their scenes together with Olenna and Jaime at the beginning of the season, or Cersei and Jaime at the end. These people are very, very good at what they do, and would probably generate a memorable scene reading the phone book to one another. Harrington and Clarke, not so much.

I also think that they fail to portray the romance well, but mainly because of the script, but th efact they have no chemistry together (but they act much better with other actors around) doesn't help.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

If that's scientifically correct, let's believe it. I just don't see it more than sexual attraction. They have had no time to fall for each other, they don't know each other, just some things. Frankly, Jon can't love a woman whose priority is to make him submit the North and he might like to discover that she doens't want to burn people alive and destroy KL, butl later she actually burns people! after she asking him what to do....she does the contrary. How does that make her his equal?

I think this comment gets directly to why you don't like the relationship and can't buy it. You see Daenerys as someone who just wants to make the North submit and who likes to burn people and who did the opposite of what he suggested. I personally don't think that at all encompasses who Daenerys is and part of the process Jon goes through is understanding who this woman is. 

They are clearly equal. She is a Queen. He is a King. 

But lets talk about equal in more than just a title basis, here are two examples but really you could compile over 10: 

Example 1

7x01

Jon "I will not punish a son for his father's sins, and I will not take a family home away from a family it has belonged to for centuries."

7x03

Dany "And I ask you not to judge a daughter by the sins of her father."

Example 2

7x03

Davos "He was named Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He was named King in the North. Not because of his birthright. He has no birthright. He's a damn bastard. All those hard son's of bitches chose him as their leader because they believe in him."

7x04

Missy "All of us who came with her from Essos, we believe in her. She's not our queen because she's the daughter of some king we never knew. She's the queen we chose."

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And how can Dany see Jon as similar as Rhaegar? What Barri told him was that he was a good guy, liked singing songs to peopl, what he has seen in Jon is a Northener who wants to protect people, fighting for the good, no singing, Rheagar didn't like fighting according to Barri

5x04: 

Dany - "He told me Rhaegar was good at killing people." 

Barry - "Rhaegar never liked killing. He loved singing." 

7x03 

Dany - "We all enjoy what we're good at." 

Jon - "I don't."

DAENERYS pauses and looks at JON.

This is a pretty direct call back to what Barry told her and a reason why Jon would remind her of Rhaegar.  

1 hour ago, kimim said:

That is very subjective - that was not my experience - but I buy that 100%. at the end of the day, those things are very personal and we respond to them the way we respond to them. 

I only was against the idea that the script didn't build a case for why these two people fell in love or that the characters as written wouldn't fall for each other. If you think the actors suck, no amount of good writing will fix that. 

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think there is more than meets the eyes with the title and it's bot just about these two characters. Also Jon is both ice and fire so there is not as much simetry with the title.

We will eventually find out. 

But all the evidence we got this year was that a Song of Ice and Fire refers in large part to Dany and Jon. 

Three pieces of evidence: 

Evidence 1

Mel saying: 

"I've done my part. I've brought ice and fire together." 

Evidence 2 

HBO released a video after episode 7 called: Cast Commentary on a Union of Fire and Ice that was about Dany and Jon #epicboatsex 

Evidence 3

"Back then, there was not a lot of secrecy because nobody was paying attention, and George R.R. Martin came to visit and he was being quite open about his plans. He said something: That it really is all about Dany and Jon. I was surprised because at the time, you know, I thought, well Robb Stark’s going to be king next, probably. And who knows where this story’s going? But it was absolutely clear to him that within this sprawling scale the whole story was coming down to this partnership. 

We won't know for certain what the title of the series truly refers to until its all said and done, but the probability that it is about Dany and Jon I would say went up this year based on the three pieces of evidence above and no real counter evidence. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

"words"

1. In your "fact based analysis", you literally ignored or glossed over three of the most pivotal scenes between them: 1. the events north of the wall. 2. The boat coming back from the wall. 3. Their interaction in the dragon pit.  Tyrion and Dany's fireside chat is also relevant here.

2. If you read the scenes involving the permission/dragon glass, Targ petting zoo, cave, "Dany saying goodbye to Jon" in that way, I have no idea what you're talking about.

You think Jon was on Dragonstone for a few days before the cave scene?  

I agree with jcmontea and MinscS2

Just now, jcmontea said:

I think this comment gets directly to why you don't like the relationship and can't buy it. You see Daenerys as someone who just wants to make the North submit and who likes to burn people and who did the opposite of what he suggested. I personally don't think that at all encompasses who Daenerys is and part of the process Jon goes through is understanding who this woman is. 

They are clearly equal. She is a Queen. He is a King. 

But lets talk about equal in more than just a title basis, here are two examples but really you could compile over 10: 

Example 1

7x01

Jon "I will not punish a son for his father's sins, and I will not take a family home away from a family it has belonged to for centuries."

7x03

Dany "And I ask you not to judge a daughter by the sins of her father."

Example 2

7x03

Davos "He was named Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He was named King in the North. Not because of his birthright. He has no birthright. He's a damn bastard. All those hard son's of bitches chose him as their leader because they believe in him."

7x04

Missy "All of us who came with her from Essos, we believe in her. She's not our queen because she's the daughter of some king we never knew. She's the queen we chose."

5x04: 

Dany - "He told me Rhaegar was good at killing people." 

Barry - "Rhaegar never liked killing. He loved singing." 

7x03 

Dany - "We all enjoy what we're good at." 

Jon - "I don't."

DAENERYS pauses and looks at JON.

This is a pretty direct call back to what Barry told her and a reason why Jon would remind her of Rhaegar.  

well I still don't,see how Jon was elected KITN given his failures (and he has just submitted the North for the foreign queen so I don't think they will be happy) so compare them on that matter its not fair. Dany has been chosen from freeing slaves, having fire superpowers to make dragons live again. I have to agree he also has superpower elements (being resurrected) but he has not helped slaves just treated the freefolk as allies (and eventually friends) BC the NK would have killed them this is different from Dany's goals. And what about thr differences? She wants to conquer and rule, he doesn't want to rule. He would never burn people alive, she does. They are not equals.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

1. In your "fact based analysis", you literally ignored or glossed over three of the most pivotal scenes between them: 1. the events north of the wall. 2. The boat coming back from the wall. 3. Their interaction in the dragon pit.  Tyrion and Dany's fireside chat is also relevant here.

2. If you read the scenes involving the permission/dragon glass, Targ petting zoo, cave, "Dany saying goodbye to Jon" in that way, I have no idea what you're talking about.

You think Jon was on Dragonstone for a few days before the cave scene?  

I agree with jcmontea and MinscS2

??? My explanation is very clear in regards that I have rewatched till episode 4 and there is no romantic tension intil this moment. I have said that from there to the boat momrnt they should develop the "falling in love" moments and I still dont see thrm since thr show's premise is that they are already half in love by the time he is petting thr dragon and the caves which is not belieavble. In the wight hubt strategy she is clearly concerned about him more than Jorah, which is totally inconsistent.

20 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

We will eventually find out. 

But all the evidence we got this year was that a Song of Ice and Fire refers in large part to Dany and Jon. 

Three pieces of evidence: 

Evidence 1

Mel saying: 

"I've done my part. I've brought ice and fire together." 

Evidence 2 

HBO released a video after episode 7 called: Cast Commentary on a Union of Fire and Ice that was about Dany and Jon #epicboatsex 

Evidence 3

"Back then, there was not a lot of secrecy because nobody was paying attention, and George R.R. Martin came to visit and he was being quite open about his plans. He said something: That it really is all about Dany and Jon. I was surprised because at the time, you know, I thought, well Robb Stark’s going to be king next, probably. And who knows where this story’s going? But it was absolutely clear to him that within this sprawling scale the whole story was coming down to this partnership. 

We won't know for certain what the title of the series truly refers to until its all said and done, but the probability that it is about Dany and Jon I would say went up this year based on the three pieces of evidence above and no real counter evidence. 

i took evidence 1 as more as another forced moment for the romance, but you could be right.

evidence 2? What do you mean by #epic boatsex cast commentary? I saw the cast being disgusted for the incest thing, I don't know if you are referring to this one, fo they say ice and fire again? Then it's. Interesting, though I very much think that the title might mean more things than just people, maybe forces and possibly more than just one or two people involved.

evidence 3: Partnership in some form? Totally. We all know that they will meet. But that's not evidence on the title of the series being solely about them, just hints on the plot -them meeting-as complete evidence.

@The Fattest Leech wasn't the commentary also about converging plot lines?

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the wight hubt strategy she is clearly concerned about him more than Jorah, which is totally inconsistent.

Of course it's inconsistent, based on your interpretation of events up to that point, which I don't buy at all.  'much as I hate to cite consensus, I'm not alone in this.

5 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Of course it's inconsistent, based on your interpretation of events up to that point, which I don't buy at all.  'much as I hate to cite consensus, I'm not alone in this.

Fine, 'cause I'm not alone either with my interpretation of the events up to this point 

29 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

well I still don't,see how Jon was elected KITN given his failures (and he has just submitted the North for the foreign queen so I don't think they will be happy) so compare them on that matter its not fair. Dany has been chosen from freeing slaves, having fire superpowers to make dragons live again. I have to agree he also has superpower elements (being resurrected) but he has not helped slaves just treated the freefolk as allies (and eventually friends) BC the NK would have killed them this is different from Dany's goals. And what about thr differences? She wants to conquer and rule, he doesn't want to rule. He would never burn people alive, she does. They are not equals.

there is a difference between being equals and being the exact same person. Your argument is like saying he is a boy and she is a girl they are not equals.

Just now, jcmontea said:

there is a difference between being equals and being the exact same person. Your argument is like saying he is a boy and she is a girl they are not equals.

My argument against not being equals is that I don't agree they are each other equals in terms of romance at all (though maybe I misinterpreted the poster and it was about status as monarchs).

I maintain that two persons that even if thry share similar values like not judging the daughter for the sins of the father but also have huge differences such as the ones I mentioned don't make them each others soulmates.

16 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

My argument against not being equals is that I don't agree they are each other equals in terms of romance at all (though maybe I misinterpreted the poster and it was about status as monarchs).

I maintain that two persons that even if thry share similar values like not judging the daughter for the sins of the father but also have huge differences such as the ones I mentioned don't make them each others soulmates.

I never said soulmates. 

I specifically said 

"I think for these two, i buy that they would fall in love quick since literally they are the only two people in the world that are each others equals. The mating pool is super shallow for them. "

That is clearly referring to their status as monarchs. The mating pool is super shallow for them. There are not a whole lot of eligible Kings Daenerys can marry. Nor are there a lot of eligible Queen's out there for Jon to marry. They are more equal than they can reasonably expect to find amongst anyone else. 

But if your going to get into the soulmates issue, this whole damm series is effectively a love story between these two people. Both of their stories are constructed to practically mirror the other's story so that when they did come together they would quickly realize how much in common they have and fall in love. If you can't see that than I don't know what your watching. 

Now maybe your argument is that they did it poorly or that the acting sucked or whatever. But that is the fundamental structure of the story. They are soulmates and were written to be that way. Whether they stay together who knows we will find out when season 8 comes there are certainly some things that could drive them apart up to an including death. 

But that they were written to fall in love with each other since the beginning of the story there should be no doubt about. 

32 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Fine, 'cause I'm not alone either with my interpretation of the events up to this point 

Fine.  you're still wrong then.  If you are basing your conclusion on the events of episode 1-4, you can't support a conclusion that them having an intimate encounter at the end of episode 7 is rushed, no matter how you interpret those scenes.

Also, Davos alludes to "longing glances" from Jon to Dany.  That's a clue that maybe there's stuff going on off-screen where the three of them are present or that the scenes that are shown have a more subtext than you are acknowledging.  I know, I know, "bad writing". 

As for showing more regard for Jon than Jorah, maybe she doesn't have time to respond before the conversation continues? Maybe she knows how determined Jorah can be when it comes to serving her and she doesn't want to get into an argument in the middle of a council meeting? Maybe she doesn't want them both to go?  Maybe she is developing feeling for the king in the north at that point?  Maybe these characters aren't robots.

13 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I never said soulmates. 

I specifically said 

"I think for these two, i buy that they would fall in love quick since literally they are the only two people in the world that are each others equals. The mating pool is super shallow for them. "

That is clearly referring to their status as monarchs. The mating pool is super shallow for them. There are not a whole lot of eligible Kings Daenerys can marry. Nor are there a lot of eligible Queen's out there for Jon to marry. They are more equal than they can reasonably expect to find amongst anyone else. 

But if your going to get into the soulmates issue, this whole damm series is effectively a love story between these two people. Both of their stories are constructed to practically mirror the other's story so that when they did come together they would quickly realize how much in common they have and fall in love. If you can't see that than I don't know what your watching. 

Now maybe your argument is that they did it poorly or that the acting sucked or whatever. But that is the fundamental structure of the story. They are soulmates and were written to be that way. Whether they stay together who knows we will find out when season 8 comes there are certainly some things that could drive them apart up to an including death. 

But that they were written to fall in love with each other since the beginning of the story there should be no doubt about. 

"Soul mates" and "monarchs" is irrelevant.  Those two are clearly stupid with dragon hormones and a shit load of WOLF-HEATTM.

It is known.

Just now, jcmontea said:

I never said soulmates. 

I specifically said 

a king or queen doesnt need to marry another monarch, and Dany doesnt see Jon as a king either.

Just now, jcmontea said:

mirror each other but still you fail to see the HUGE incompatibilities in their personalities.

written to be soul mates?since the beginning of the story? It's like we are reading a different series. Meeting yes, soul mates for destiny no....

Archived