Season 8 Predictions?

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

Fair enough, I can see where your coming from on this point.

Well no, they haven't even met in the books yet - of which GRRM's comments were referring to - so that is not the story and they haven't fallen in love. My point is that GRRM's comments are not indicative that Jon and Daenerys will fall in love in the books. I mean, it's quite clear that Tyrion and Danny's stories are going to "converge" in the next book, does that mean she is going to fall in love with him as well?

We will see what ultimatley happens in the books. But there were a lot of people based purely on book foreshadowing that saw Dany and Jon not only converging but having a romantic relationship. Whatever probability you gave of them having a romantic relationship in the books before this season has to have gone up after this season if you are appropriately accounting for new information and marking your prior beliefs to market. 

I posted this in another thread, but I find it fascinating that the first known online instance of someone putting forth R+L=J also put forth Jon and Dany getting married suggesting that there was something even as far back as 97 and just from the first book that suggested these two were going to end up together. Below is the quote: 

4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.

5. If Jon Snow is a Targaryen, then by tradition, he is the most likely mate to Daenery, being that she is his aunt...

here is the article i took the quote from

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2017/8/30/16213394/r-l-j-game-of-thrones-fandom-oral-history

11 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Almost every single adapted work ever made was based in source material that had commercial and critical acclaim.  It never gets to the stage of being adapted if it hasn't. Even with ample budgets and good people working on them, often as not, they turn out to be mediocre or just garbage. You want examples?

So this. 

8 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I don't see the White Walkers defeated soon. Or too many Wildlings south of the Wall.

I thought it was safe to assume that most (all?) Wildlings who didn't flee south of the wall are dead at this point, having been hunted down by the WW's and added to the AotD. It certainly seemed that way when Tormund said that "most of the Wildlings are at Hardhome", and we know what happened at Hardhome. :/

As for the White Walkers, they may or may not end up defeated next season. If they end up defeated, there is very little point in the continued existence of the Nightswatch.

Edit:
@Meera of Tarth
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the flow of time in the show. 
We can probably both agree on the fact that the show could've done a much better job of telling the audience how much time that actually passes during the episodes/seasons, so we wouldn't have to assume, estimate and go by the very few instances where people actually talk about how old they are. 
Due to the lack of actual evidence and facts given to us both by the show, we're both end up having to assume how much time that actually passes, and neither of us will be able to convince the other. I'm sticking with the "1 season is roughly 1 year"-theory, especially since it removes or explains many of the strange time-jumps and quick-travels that occur on-screen and simply makes more sense to me.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, that's nonsense and I'm not explaining myself again.

You really haven't explained yourself at all. All you've done is project your biased opinion onto a group of people, of whom you clearly are not a part of, in regards to their motivations for watching GoT. I certainly cannot speak for all of the people in this group that you are referencing, but as a member myself, I can say for a certainty that I, and I'm sure many, do not still watch this show as a result of any commendable contribution on the part of either Weiss or Benioff. 

What you don't seem to understand (or want to admit) is that the audience that made this show a success in the first place, wasn't drawn to the show as result of anything that D&D brought to the table. What captivated that audience was a faithful adaption of GRRM's story. As I've already stated, had the first season been reliant on the genius and tallent shown by the writing of D&D the past three seasons - when they didn't copy and paste their story and dialog from the books - then there would be no successful show to give anyone credit for.

Saying that D&D's genius is what made GoT such a ground breaking success, is akin to giving someone credit for making the sun rise in response to them simply opening a curtain in a dark room.

Explain this.  They are credited as the creators of the show, executive producers and have writing credits for the bulk of the episodes, including the ones featuring stuff the GRRM hasn't published yet. What have I given them undue credit for?

The success of the show being a result of their genius and tallent.

What D&D do deserve credit for, is knowing how to pander to the masses - and sticking with your analogy - serving them a bowl of shit, convincing them to keep returning for more, and then having them praise said bowl of shit as if it were Tywins' rumored chamber pot contents. 

But that's not really an indication of their genius. It's a well known and simple concept that pretty much all of Hollywood and pop culture is based on. They have done what has been done a million times already; Taken something that has garnered recognition and success within a certain demographic because of the quality of the product and tallent of the writer/creator, stripped it of all of those qualities that had made it a success in the first place, remolded it into a dumbed down, soulless version that appeals to a larger demographic that doesn't care about quality story telling, and only wants cheap spectacle in the form of cool CGI, tits, and rehashed, bad-ass comic book caricatures who's motives and dialog are influenced more by memes and fan service, then by the story that is being told. It doesn't take tallent or genius to do that, all that is required is opportunity, and a desire to make a shit load of coin.

Even with ample budgets and good people working on them, often as not, they turn out to be mediocre or just garbage. You want examples?

No thanks, GoT's seasons 5, 6, and 7 are quite indicative of that being the case.

7 hours ago, jcmontea said:

We will see what ultimatley happens in the books. But there were a lot of people based purely on book foreshadowing that saw Dany and Jon not only converging but having a romantic relationship. Whatever probability you gave of them having a romantic relationship in the books before this season has to have gone up after this season if you are appropriately accounting for new information and marking your prior beliefs to market. 

I posted this in another thread, but I find it fascinating that the first known online instance of someone putting forth R+L=J also put forth Jon and Dany getting married suggesting that there was something even as far back as 97 and just from the first book that suggested these two were going to end up together. Below is the quote: 

4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.

5. If Jon Snow is a Targaryen, then by tradition, he is the most likely mate to Daenery, being that she is his aunt...

here is the article i took the quote from

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2017/8/30/16213394/r-l-j-game-of-thrones-fandom-oral-history

I haven't disputed that anything you've stated here is true. I don't agree with the interpretations of the text that you have sighted, but I am fully aware that they have existed separate from the show.

It still doesn't change that GRRM's comment wasn't indicating that a romance between J+D is going to happen in the books. Is it possible? Sure, but him stating that their stories are going to converge, cannot be used as evidence to support that theory.

Whatever probability you gave of them having a romantic relationship in the books before this season has to have gone up after this season if you are appropriately accounting for new information and marking your prior beliefs to market.

No, it hasn't. What happens in the show is not a reliable source of new information to indicate what is going to happen in the books.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4900038/GOT-s-Emilia-Clarke-dyes-hair-blonde.html

So Emilia has dyed her hair platinum-blonde right before filming starts. I assume it's mostly for shit and giggles (and as a nice nod to her character). Will they continue to have her use a wig, or will they now use her normal hair as a foundation and give her extensions, or will they really give Dany a brand new hairdo in S8. Thoughts?

Edit: I guess Dany suddenly becoming short-haired would fit with the "Third and last last shocking revelation" that supposed to happen in S8. :P
I'm not really worried either way, the makeup-team has proven themselves to be very competent, they can probably make it work.

I haven't disputed that anything you've stated here is true. I don't agree with the interpretations of the text that you have sighted, but I am fully aware that they have existed separate from the show.

It still doesn't change that GRRM's comment wasn't indicating that a romance between J+D is going to happen in the books. Is it possible? Sure, but him stating that their stories are going to converge, cannot be used as evidence to support that theory.

I think you misread my comments. I cited those three pieces of evidence as an indication that a song of ice and fire can be interpreted as refering to them not necessarily that they were going to have a romantic relationship. 

I do think they will have a romantic relationship in the books and ultimatley their song will be in part a romantic one. But if I wanted to make that specific case I would just quote all the book foreshadowing. 

No, it hasn't. What happens in the show is not a reliable source of new information to indicate what is going to happen in the books.

Ok. I guess we won't know until the books come out. But I think a lot of what went down this year goes down in the books although the why and how will be different. We will see.

52 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4900038/GOT-s-Emilia-Clarke-dyes-hair-blonde.html

So Emilia has dyed her hair platinum-blonde right before filming starts. I assume it's mostly for shit and giggles (and as a nice nod to her character). Will they continue to have her use a wig, or will they now use her normal hair as a foundation and give her extensions, or will they really give Dany a brand new hairdo in S8. Thoughts?

Edit: I guess Dany suddenly becoming short-haired would fit with the "Third and last last shocking revelation" that supposed to happen in S8. :P
I'm not really worried either way, the makeup-team has proven themselves to be very competent, they can probably make it work.

Not sure what to think. My concern is that it could mean she has short hair and that could mean she lost a battle and had to cut her braids in dothraki tradition. 

Most likely though its just an homage to the role that made her and she will just continue to wear the wig since not sure Emlia has the hair to actually pull off Dany's hairstyles. 

EDIT: if i wanted to come up with an optimistic reason for a hairstyle change in univserse versus the pessimistic one i cited, perhaps there is a time jump at the end and she has shorter hair in a different state. The whig with braids could be symbolic of her role as Warrior Queen which once the war is over may not be necessary.

6 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Not sure what to think. My concern is that it could mean she has short hair and that could mean she lost a battle and had to cut her braids in dothraki tradition. 

Most likely though its just an homage to the role that made her and she will just continue to wear the wig since not sure Emlia has the hair to actually pull off Dany's hairstyles. 

Long extensions + hair bleach = RIP Emilia's hair. :P 

Probably just an homage. 

6 hours ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

You really haven't explained yourself at all. All you've done is project your biased opinion onto a group of people, of whom you clearly are not a part of, in regards to their motivations for watching GoT. I certainly cannot speak for all of the people in this group that you are referencing, but as a member myself, I can say for a certainty that I, and I'm sure many, do not still watch this show as a result of any commendable contribution on the part of either Weiss or Benioff. 

"Yeah, credit for The GODFATHER really must go to the genius of Mario Puzzo and Robert Evens don'tcha know. But lets be honest; Francis Ford Coppola is really just a glorified camera operator isn't he?  Nope. didn't contribute much at all."

No contribution?  As in "Creating, producing and writing". Those non-contributions?

No, I really have explained myself.  Honest.  And no, I'm not a part of the piss-and-moan-about-everything community or happy-to-eat-shit-as-long-as-the-CGI is good community.  I'm also not apart of the they-changed-stuff-from-the-books-therefore-it's-bad community. Guilty as charged.

What you don't seem to understand (or want to admit) is that the audience that made this show a success in the first place, wasn't drawn to the show as result of anything that D&D brought to the table. What captivated that audience was a faithful adaption of GRRM's story. As I've already stated, had the first season been reliant on the genius and tallent shown by the writing of D&D the past three seasons - when they didn't copy and paste their story and dialog from the books - then there would be no successful show to give anyone credit for.

We've been over this as well.  You also didn't answer my question with regard to the other production staff.

Saying that D&D's genius is what made GoT such a ground breaking success, is akin to giving someone credit for making the sun rise in response to them simply opening a curtain in a dark room.

What are you waiting for then?  If it's that simple. purchase the rights to some literary work and get on with it.  Fame and fortune await.

What D&D do deserve credit for, is knowing how to pander to the masses - and sticking with your analogy - serving them a bowl of shit, convincing them to keep returning for more, and then having them praise said bowl of shit as if it were Tywins' rumored chamber pot contents. 

Creating some mindless junk that the hoi polloi can't get enough of; that's pandering.  Creating something that snooty purists hate but still consume year after year, that takes genius.  That bit of sarcasm should have been obvious from the first post, but apparently it takes another five hundred words...

But that's not really an indication of their genius. It's a well known and simple concept that pretty much all of Hollywood and pop culture is based on. They have done what has been done a million times already; Taken something that has garnered recognition and success within a certain demographic because of the quality of the product and tallent of the writer/creator, stripped it of all of those qualities that had made it a success in the first place, remolded it into a dumbed down, soulless version that appeals to a larger demographic that doesn't care about quality story telling, and only wants cheap spectacle in the form of cool CGI, tits, and rehashed, bad-ass comic book caricatures who's motives and dialog are influenced more by memes and fan service, then by the story that is being told. It doesn't take tallent or genius to do that, all that is required is opportunity, and a desire to make a shit load of coin.

And there it is. The show is different from the books.

No thanks, GoT's seasons 5, 6, and 7 are quite indicative of that being the case.

If you seriously think the last three seasons were shit, I leave you to it.  Happy shit eating!

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

No contribution?  As in "Creating, producing and writing". Those non-contributions?

Ugh! Seriously, I'm getting tired of defending my comments against your continuous straw man arguments. I didn't say that they've made no contributions. What I said was that the people you are sighting as watching the show despite thinking it's crap, are not tuning in due to anything that D&D have contributed.

No, I really have explained myself.  Honest.  And no, I'm not a part of the piss-and-moan-about-everything community or happy-to-eat-shit-as-long-as-the-CGI is good community.

No, you're a part of the happy-to-eat-shit-deny-that-it's-shit-and-pretend-that-its-gold community.

I'm also not apart of the they-changed-stuff-from-the-books-therefore-it's-bad community. Guilty as charged.

Neither am I. This is just another strawman argument that is continuously used by show defenders.

We've been over this as well.  You also didn't answer my question with regard to the other production staff.

Oh, that was a serious question that you wanted an answer to?

OK, of course others are responsible for the work that they do, and deserve criticism if what they do is crap. But ultimately, it falls on D&D to determine whether their subordinates work is acceptable, and fit to be a part of the their production. If D&D OK a bunch of garbage, and use it in their show, then they are culpable for said work.

What are you waiting for then?  If it's that simple. purchase the rights to some literary work and get on with it.  Fame and fortune await.

Opportunity and financing.

Creating some mindless junk that the hoi polloi can't get enough of; that's pandering.  Creating something that snooty purists hate but still consume year after year, that takes genius.  That bit of sarcasm should have been obvious from the first post, but apparently it takes another five hundred words...

Sure, keep speaking for others. :rolleyes: 

It doesn't change the fact that you are wrong as to why these "snooty purist" watch the show.

And there it is. The show is different from the books.

Wrong, just a repeat of your previous straw man argument.

If D&D were to write their own story that was different than the books, I would be fine with that...if it made sense, and at least slightly adhered to the basics of proper story telling.

But that is not what D&D have done. They have created a story that doesn't hold up on its own, and have thrown all logic and coherency out the window in order to have their big battle scenes, and unearned and contrived twists that the general audience thinks is so edgy and shocking.  

That is why I and other "book snobs" have an issue with the show, NOT because of the same old tired strawman argument that you are using.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:06 AM, MinscS2 said:

I don't think he knows, but even if he did I don't really think he'd care enough to bring it up.
He has no reason to like Randyll (after what Sam told him), and he has no relation with Dickon.
Dany and the Tarlys are (or rather, were) at war - The Tarlys could've just as easily had died on the battlefield. Just because they somehow survived the battle and was brought before her as PoW's doesn't mean she must show them mercy; as the victor she can have them executed for whatever reasons she fancies, at least she gave Randyll several choices and he chose death. Technically Dany could've sentenced Randyll to death for treason (he did betray her ally, Olenna Tyrell) just as Jon would've sentenced Smalljon Umber and Rickard Karstark to death if they had survived the Battle of the Bastards.

They might bring it up in regards to Sam at some point: "Hey Sam, nice to see you. By the way, my wife-to-be had your father and brother executed, no hard feelings right?". He'll get over it though I'm sure, he hated his father and he's pragmatic enough to realize that Dickon chose his own fate. If anything their deaths might open up the fact that Sam might end up Lord Tarly of Horn Hill and Warden of the South in the end.
It's not like the Nightswatch is needed with all the Wildlings south of the wall and the White Walkers defeated.

Just read this comparison of the final product vs the original outline that leaked. 

interesting read overall, but it does seem based on the outline the burning the Tarly thing was potentially being set up as an issue. Although maybe this was just an idea they moved away from. I say that because of how they originally had Jon reacting against burning even foot soldiers and Dany lying about the war. Hopefully they dropped it though. 

34 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Just read this comparison of the final product vs the original outline that leaked. 

interesting read overall, but it does seem based on the outline the burning the Tarly thing was potentially being set up as an issue. Although maybe this was just an idea they moved away from. I say that because of how they originally had Jon reacting against burning even foot soldiers and Dany lying about the war. Hopefully they dropped it though. 

Interesting read, but I got to admit that I'm glad they changed as much as they did, because many scenes would've (imo) been worse if they followed the original outline. They most likely dropped Jon having issues with Dany burning the Tarlys (and replaced it with the "Sometimes strength is terrible"-speech), just as they dropped a lot of other things (like Brienne dying, Mel telling Dany about Jon's resurrection, etc). The changes seen in the show are the new canon, while the original outline in this scenario are just "what-might-have-been's" that (imo thankfully) didn't end up happening.

I'm actually really glad that they changed Jon and Dany's scene with the dragons in E5, even I would've considered their romance rushed if they had followed the original outline as they essentially fall in love between E4 and E5 without anything really happening between them.

One thing I reacted to however was: "After Jon pledges his loyalty to Dany, "she gets the look on her face we haven't seen since Drogo told her he was going to sail to westeros and kill the men in the iron suits.""

I might be reading too much into it, but the look on Dany's face in E7 when Jon swears allegiance to Dany in front of Cersei actually did remind me of the look she gave Drogo in S1, except it's more sober and restrained, probably because she's wise enough at this point to realize the problems Jon causes by doing it. It's clear to me that she really enjoyed (and was amazed by, possibly even attracted by) seeing Jon bend the knee to her in that fashion however.

15 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Interesting read, but I got to admit that I'm glad they changed as much as they did, because many scenes would've (imo) been worse if they followed the original outline. They most likely dropped Jon having issues with Dany burning the Tarlys (and replaced it with the "Sometimes strength is terrible"-speech), just as they dropped a lot of other things (like Brienne dying, Mel telling Dany about Jon's resurrection, etc). The changes seen in the show are the new canon, while the original outline in this scenario are just "what-might-have-been's" that (imo thankfully) didn't end up happening.

I'm actually really glad that they changed Jon and Dany's scene with the dragons in E5, even I would've considered their romance rushed if they had followed the original outline as they essentially fall in love between E4 and E5 without anything really happening between them.

One thing I reacted to however was: "After Jon pledges his loyalty to Dany, "she gets the look on her face we haven't seen since Drogo told her he was going to sail to westeros and kill the men in the iron suits.""

I might be reading too much into it, but the look on Dany's face in E7 when Jon swears allegiance to Dany in front of Cersei actually did remind me of the look she gave Drogo in S1, except it's more sober and restrained, probably because she's wise enough at this point to realize the problems Jon causes by doing it. It's clear to me that she really enjoyed (and was amazed by, possibly even attracted by) seeing Jon bend the knee to her in that fashion however.

I agree. The changes were for the better. 

Only thing i missed was them talking about Dorne falling into civil war and Vary's lines that good monarchs have to be ruthless at times.

Yea. She loved his loyalty. I saw a side by side shot of the two reactions and its clear the scene was acted to be similar. Emotionally she loved it intelectually she knew it was not great timing. 

14 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

As for the White Walkers, they may or may not end up defeated next season. If they end up defeated, there is very little point in the continued existence of the Nightswatch.

If you are projecting to after the LN. Yes the NW will not be needed. But I believe we will still need Watchers. And some seriously stable kingdom, like the Great Empire of the Dawn and its God on Earth.

You said:

1 hour ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

What I said was that the people you are sighting as watching the show despite thinking it's crap, are not tuning in due to anything that D&D have contributed.

and then,

OK, of course others are responsible for the work that they do, and deserve criticism if what they do is crap. But ultimately, it falls on D&D to determine whether their subordinates work is acceptable, and fit to be a part of the their production. If D&D OK a bunch of garbage, and use it in their show, then they are culpable for said work.

So, they deserve credit for the bad stuff they did did or approved but they get no credit for the stuff you like that they are responsible for approving and getting on screen as well.  Is that it?  

No, you're a part of the happy-to-eat-shit-deny-that-it's-shit-and-pretend-that-its-gold community.

I have never acknowledged that the show is shit. I am therefore not pretending.  The shit-eating community on the other hand is determined to consume media they hate and complain about it.

One of them even suggests,

"Well, I've watched all sixty seven hours of it because I like CGI and I want to see how bad it really is, don'tcha know."

Have fun being miserable.

...strawman...

...logic and coherency...

Whatever.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

I agree. The changes were for the better. 

Only thing i missed was them talking about Dorne falling into civil war and Vary's lines that good monarchs have to be ruthless at times.

Yea. She loved his loyalty. I saw a side by side shot of the two reactions and its clear the scene was acted to be similar. Emotionally she loved it intelectually she knew it was not great timing. 

Very interesting.

Is it at all possible to change the formatting on that post?  Nice though the mittens field is.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

You said:

and then,

So, they deserve credit for the bad stuff they did did or approved but they get no credit for the stuff you like that they are responsible for approving and getting on screen as well.  Is that it?  

Boy, you're really grasping now. Yes, they hired a company to create CGI images for their show. I'm soooo impressed!!! What tallent and genious it must have taken to get that accomplished.

And you're still denying and avoiding my point. I think the show is crap, but still watch. NOT because of anything D&D have contributed. The reason I continue to watch is due to my love for the source material that GRRM wrote. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. If I had never read the books, I would not watch this show. If a monkey was running the show, and did an even worse job than D&D (which is quite debatable whether that is even possible), I would still watch it. I'm sorry, but you crediting D&D for drawing viewers such as myself is absolutely absurd.

I have never acknowledged that the show is shit. I am therefore not pretending.  The shit-eating community on the other hand is determined to consume media they hate and complain about it.

Yes, that falls under the, denying that it is shit, part of my comment.

Have fun being miserable.

What makes you think that watching the show makes me miserable? Trust me, D&D don't have the ability to influence my mood that way.

3 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

Boy, you're really grasping now. Yes, they hired a company to create CGI images for their show. I'm soooo impressed!!! What tallent and genious it must have taken to get that accomplished.

And you're still denying and avoiding my point. I think the show is crap, but still watch. NOT because of anything D&D have contributed. The reason I continue to watch is due to my love for the source material that GRRM wrote. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand. If I had never read the books, I would not watch this show. If a monkey was running the show, and did an even worse job than D&D (which is quite debatable whether that is even possible), I would still watch it. I'm sorry, but you crediting D&D for drawing viewers such as myself is absolutely absurd.

Yes, that falls under the, denying that it is shit, part of my comment.

What makes you think that watching the show makes me miserable? Trust me, D&D don't have the ability to influence my mood that way.

He is not crediting them with attracting viewers like yourself. As you said, you were hooked based on the source material. He is crediting them with succesfully adapting these books into the biggest TV show in the world. +95% of the show audience is not people like you who watch because they read the books.

He is crediting them with creating a show that appeals to that many people and he makes a very good point that adapting material is hard and a lot of crap entertainment gets made that is not as popular as GoT nor as critically aclaimed as GoT despite having good source material from which to draw.

By almost any metric aside from your own subjective tastes this show has been an incredible success. They deserve credit for that regardless of whether or not you want to give it.

1. They. CREATED. The. Show.  I'd call that a bloody great big contribution, wouldn't you?

2. in a previous post you made the criticism:

...Taken something that has garnered recognition and success within a certain demographic because of the quality of the product and tallent of the writer/creator, stripped it of all of those qualities that had made it a success in the first place, remolded it into a dumbed down, soulless version that appeals to a larger demographic that doesn't care about quality story telling, and only wants cheap spectacle in the form of cool CGI, tits, and rehashed, bad-ass comic book caricatures who's motives and dialog are influenced more by memes and fan service, then by the story that is being told.

Yet you've just admitted that you'll watch any garbage they throw on TV if you are a fan of the source material.  Have it then. Me, I'd just stick to reading the books. 'Seems to me to be a much better way to spend one's time.  Each to their own.

Archived