MLB 2017: Jim Rice Tells CC Sabathia to Mix in a Salad

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

As a Sox fan you would, it was in a way. 

However this game and the rest of the postseason goes, allow me to respectfully say, it fucking sucks that your team got this good this quickly.

17 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

However this game and the rest of the postseason goes, allow me to respectfully say, it fucking sucks that your team got this good this quickly.

I'm shocked honestly, nobody was expecting it. And the second wave is right behind these guys and once we develop or buy starting pitching it's going to be scary. 

Qa'pla!

Well would you look at that, Yanks complete the comeback. I'll be rooting for you guys in the ALCS. I know, yuck. But I'd rather the Dodgers face them than the 'Stros. Plus there's a lot of history there.

12 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Well would you look at that, Yanks complete the comeback. I'll be rooting for you guys in the ALCS. I know, yuck. But I'd rather the Dodgers face them than the 'Stros. Plus there's a lot of history there.

Judge v Bellinger would be pretty sweet.

BUT, plenty more baseball to be had before considering something like that. 

Go Cubs. (Ugh)

Sports writers are such hacks. Two days ago every article was about how Strasburg was faking being sick because he didn't care about his team. Today they're all about how Strasburg climbed out of his deathbed to take the ball because he is a baseball god who puts his team above his own fragile health. 

10 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Sports writers are such hacks. Two days ago every article was about how Strasburg was faking being sick because he didn't care about his team. Today they're all about how Strasburg climbed out of his deathbed to take the ball because he is a baseball god who puts his team above his own fragile health. 

Not exactly relevant - this reminded me of a Drew Magary rant a couple weeks ago (after Zeke Elliot didn't try to tackle a defender after an interception.

Imagine a sportswriter having the nuts to say this to another person. Like, you’re a sportswriter. I write about sports for a living and I am a COLOSSAL baby. Peter King gets mad at Amtrak wifi, for God’s sake. It’s just like some writer who spends all day prowling breakfast buffets and jacking off in a hotel room to be like, “This guy simply does NOT get it.”

Sports writers are the worst. (Other than maybe Bomani, Dan Le Batard, and a couple others (former Grantlanders))

Archived