MLB 2017: Jim Rice Tells CC Sabathia to Mix in a Salad

Manhole Eunuchsbane

11 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Wizards lose in the semis.

Capitals lose in the semis.

Nationals lose in the division series.

I swear, DC sports teams must be cursed when it comes to not advancing to their respective leagues' conference championship/finals this century.

no.

dc united have four titles in the last 20 years.  vamos united. 

5 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

no.

dc united have four titles in the last 20 years.  vamos united. 

Soccer doesn't count, silly. This is Murica. The official pecking order is thus: NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. MLS doesn't even make the board. If you want to talk World Cup or Olympic (National Team stuff) then I'd say it makes the board on those years, but MLS? It might as well be Farm League Baseball or Arena Football.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Soccer doesn't count, silly. This is Murica. The official pecking order is thus: NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. MLS doesn't even make the board. If you want to talk World Cup or Olympic (National Team stuff) then I'd say it makes the board on those years, but MLS? It might as well be Farm League Baseball or Arena Football.

The DC women's ultimate team also won national championships in 2013 and 2014.

34 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Didn't follow it up, but saw a headline recently saying the NBA had surpassed the NFL. Dunno if this was just because of the Trump bump or what, or even if it was credible. 

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Didn't follow it up, but saw a headline recently saying the NBA had surpassed the NFL. Dunno if this was just because of the Trump bump or what, or even if it was credible. 

I'm not sure, but it was reported earlier this year that the NFL had already posted a profit of greater than 14 billion in 2016. Not sure if the NBA can make the same claim, or if that's even the barometer we want to use.

I would certainly agree that the NFL is on a downward trajectory at this point, and the NBA is on an upward one.

46 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

seriously this is a talk in dc right now. everyone's buttocks are burning over the nats and they are talking about doom in dc  sports but unwilling to acknowledge dc united and mls.

3 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

seriously this is a talk in dc right now. everyone's buttocks are burning over the nats and they are talking about doom in dc  sports but unwilling to acknowledge dc united and mls.

Cause MLS is a fringe sport at best. I get it, I dig soccer as well, but it's all about the National Team in this country. Or I should say it's all about the National Team of whatever country that your background dictates. World Cup is big, granted, but the MLS doesn't chart. And now that the National Team has failed to qualify, I think that's going to make soccer in the states less relevant for the next few years.

Archived