MLB 2017: Jim Rice Tells CC Sabathia to Mix in a Salad

Manhole Eunuchsbane

11 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Eh, I think baseball seasons are long enough to account for all manner of routes to the final numbers. Didn't DiMaggio get the MVP for his 56-game season?

I don't disagree. I'm not saying the slump should cost Judge the MVP; I'm saying it might.

5 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah he clearly didn't have it from the get-go last night.  I wanted Girardi to pull him earlier in the 5th, but I don't think he has the same type of fantasy that the Sawks will lose enough to have made catching them a possibility.

Cool story bruh. Won't matter one bit when we knock you guys out next week!

:P

Some big shit going on with the Braves. Their GM's had to resign over a scandal that involves international signings, draft improprieties, and free agent tampering. Details are still very scarce, but basically the Braves seem to have broken the rules in every avenue of player acquisition. Don't know what kind of penalties they're looking at yet, but they'll almost certainly be steep, and could even potentially cost them some high end members of their vaunted farm system. 

ETA: And on the juicier side of things, reports are that the (now former) Braves GM, John Coppolella, is hated by pretty much everyone in baseball, including most of the other people in the Brave's front office.

Huge opportunity for the Twinkies results in only one run. Bummer. Tie game!

I briefly wanted to root for the Yankees this year - I'm a sucker for rebuilds from within - but, it's October, fuck the Yankees.

Archived