Could someone explain to me or link me to the theory that Euron is in league with The Others?

Falcon2909

I was going to say that.

Anyway, I was waiting for someone to post this because I'm always interested in crazy theories, but then I got bored and tried Googling it. The first few results are this forum and the ASOIAF subreddit, probably the two best places to look. I'm not going to read them and post links myself, because the first one I read immediately started with references to the released WoW chapters, and I'm not reading any of that till I can read all of it. So, without saracsm: Google it!

Preston Jacobs, in his "Alliances of Iron" video series on Youtube, has an elaborate explanation. I'm not completely sold, but he does raise some good points: e.g. Euron at one point says to Victarion:

"to make an heir that's worthy of him, I need a different woman. When the kraken weds the dragon, brother, let all the world beware."

And it isn't clear who the "him" of that sentence is. Also, the spawn of a kraken and dragon might produce a sort of anti-Azor Ahai

Also, Euron says he is the "last storm" and that his men will "feast before the fall of night."

This seems to indicate that he is a bringer of the apocalypse, knows the Long Night is coming, and is on board with the idea of the Long Night.

Since traditionally the apocalypse and the Long Night are attributed to the Others, this would put him on their team.

But we don't really know what the Others want, so that's a pretty big assumption that his interests are aligned with theirs, and another assumption that they are working together.

But yeah, Euron appears to be in league with or connected to somebody unsavory and mysterious. We just don't know who it is yet.

I think it comes from a sample chapter GRRM released about the Greyjoy priest who is now imprisoned by Euron on his ship. He sees crazy things including Euron with a woman whose hands are blazing with, or is making, pale fire. All things pale are associated with the Others so it could be where it is coming from. Euron is also making horrifying sacrifices (like pregnant women) in some weird ritual. It's all very horrifying even by Westerosi standards so people may think Euron is on the Others' side. But it could be that he's sacrificing to some other horrible god. There are a lot in Essos, especially in the Basilisk Islands area, where Euron has traveled.

I think it comes from a sample chapter GRRM released about the Greyjoy priest who is now imprisoned by Euron on his ship. He sees crazy things including Euron with a woman whose hands are blazing with, or is making, pale fire. All things pale are associated with the Others so it could be where it is coming from. Euron is also making horrifying sacrifices (like pregnant women) in some weird ritual. It's all very horrifying even by Westerosi standards so people may think Euron is on the Others' side. But it could be that he's sacrificing to some other horrible god. There are a lot in Essos, especially in the Basilisk Islands area, where Euron has traveled.

There are other hints and snippets that indicate Euron could in fact be a greenseer of sorts.  He is the Crow's Eye and that's pretty weird right there.  The dreams of flying as a child.  His mockery of the Drowned God.   The sacrifices.  The gifts.  The Batmanesq collection of magical weapons.  Euron is a treat.  Can't wait to read this guy. 

Archived