snow is the man

so why was the wight that they had so hard to kill when the rest weren't? Found it odd that it was like the wight from season one and the books

32 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Why is anyone pretending that the answer is anything other than: 

I mean, you'd think from the forum that people assumed D & D are capable of anything other than writing SHOCKING™ scenes.

Because that's a lazy and ignorant approach to explain things in this show that you don't agree with or like?

The writing in this show is atrocious at times. I wanted to throw a shoe at my screen in season 6 when Arya was stabbed by the waif. I really hoped it was some kind of ploy or trickery from her part but nope, she (aka the writing) was just uncharacteristically stupid. 
There are a lot of questionable/stupid things happening in episode 6 this season as well, but Daenerys opting to not dive-bomb the White Walkers and the Nightking is not one of them.

Edited by MinscS2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Because that's a lazy and ignorant approach to things just because you don't agree with it?

The writing in this show is atrocious at times. I wanted to throw a shoe at my screen in season 6 when Arya was stabbed by the waif. I really hoped it was some kind of ploy or trickery from her part but nope, she was just uncharacteristically stupid. 
There are a lot of questionable/stupid things happening in episode 6 this season as well, but Daenerys dive-bombing the White Walkers and the Nightking is not one of them.

Yeah, the Arya scene was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I continued to have faith that D & D could be subversive and clever, but alas, these days, it's best to take Occam's Razor on GoT. If something seems stupid and nonsensical on screen, there is no complex explanation. It's just as stupid as it seems.

And no, I wasn't referring to Dany's choice,I was referring to the wight being more durable in KL when they were falling over like they were nothing north of the Wall.

Edited by Beardy the Wildling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

When you're a thousand feet up on a dragon you won't see the difference between a horse and a handful of wights, and remember that she wasn't actively looking for them either, her focus was on the survivors. Besides, she had no idea that the wights would all disintegrate if the WW's died. In those 10 seconds it would've taken her to aim for the WW's to possibly kill them, Jon and his crew would've been swarmed and killed. She came to their rescue at the very last second.

We do, we see him walk over dragonfire in this very episode, and just like regular fire it dissipates when he gets close.

I am still curious what happens if a dragon is constantly breathing fire on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

I am still curious what happens if a dragon is constantly breathing fire on them

I am assuming they are susceptible to fire. The fire just has to be large enough. The fire that the NK walked over was pretty small. This is speculation of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Because that's a lazy and ignorant approach to explain things in this show that you don't agree with or like?

The writing in this show is atrocious at times. I wanted to throw a shoe at my screen in season 6 when Arya was stabbed by the waif. I really hoped it was some kind of ploy or trickery from her part but nope, she (aka the writing) was just uncharacteristically stupid. 
There are a lot of questionable/stupid things happening in episode 6 this season as well, but Daenerys opting to not dive-bomb the White Walkers and the Nightking is not one of them.

Arya getting stabbed is stupid. But for me it was stupid because it looked like too deep a stab to survive. 

I don't buy Arya being smart. This is the girl that had three kills from a faceless man and wastes them all on inconsequential people even though she had a list of names of super important people she wanted dead. I have never seen anything to indicate she is particularly smart. 

I feel she is classic Stark: quick temper slow mind

Edited by jcmontea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Yeah, the Arya scene was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I continued to have faith that D & D could be subversive and clever, but alas, these days, it's best to take Occam's Razor on GoT. If something seems stupid and nonsensical on screen, there is no complex explanation. It's just as stupid as it seems.

And no, I wasn't referring to Dany's choice,I was referring to the wight being more durable in KL when they were falling over like they were nothing north of the Wall.

Wasn't the reason they were falling over themselves north of the wall because everyone was armed with dragon glass, fire swords or valerian steel? That was why the hound switched from the hammer to dragon glass because the hammer was not killing them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I am assuming they are susceptible to fire. The fire just has to be large enough. The fire that the NK walked over was pretty small. This is speculation of course.

Me too. Otherwise not sure how useful the Dragons will be if they can't kill white walkers but white walkers can easily kill them with ice spears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MinscS2

@Apoplexy

If they are not susceptible to fire, than clearly this Drogon is Lightbringer theory is not true. 

http://oadara.tumblr.com/post/159277214046/drogon-is-lightbringer

Unless Drogon just eats the Knight King which would be hilarious. 

Another interesting Drogon is Lightbringer factoid came from the S6E9 script. It referred to Drogon as the greatest war machine in the world. Specifically, 

"Dany climbs on. No hesitation any more: she looks as if she was born to ride dragons, and indeed she was. They take to the sky, displaying Dany’s control of the greatest war machine the world has ever seen.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/GameofThronesEP 609 - Battle of the Bastards - GOT S6.pdf

Would make sense the greatest war machine would play the key role in taking down the Night King. Also, i like this because most people are not on the Drogon is Lightbringer theory would be some what unexpected. 

Edited by jcmontea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

@MinscS2

@Apoplexy

If they are not susceptible to fire, than clearly this Drogon is Lightbringer theory is not true. 

http://oadara.tumblr.com/post/159277214046/drogon-is-lightbringer

Unless Drogon just eats the Knight King which would be hilarious. 

Another interesting Drogon is Lightbringer factoid came from the S6E9 script. It referred to Drogon as the greatest war machine in the world. Specifically, 

"Dany climbs on. No hesitation any more: she looks as if she was born to ride dragons, and indeed she was. They take to the sky, displaying Dany’s control of the greatest war machine the world has ever seen.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/GameofThronesEP 609 - Battle of the Bastards - GOT S6.pdf

Would make sense the greatest war machine would play the key role in taking down the Night King. Also, i like this because most people are not on the Drogon is Lightbringer theory would be some what unexpected. 

I don't think I subscribe to the drogon is lightbringer theory. Who is nissa nissa in this analogy? Drogo was already dead by then. And why is drogon lightbringer and not any of the other dragons? 

But I would love to see drogon eat the NK!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I don't think I subscribe to the drogon is lightbringer theory. Who is nissa nissa in this analogy? Drogo was already dead by then. And why is drogon lightbringer and not any of the other dragons? 

But I would love to see drogon eat the NK!!

I guess Nissa Nissa would be Drogo or Rhaego or whoever the death was that paid for life that lead to the three dragons hatching. I think Drogo or Rhaego can count even if they are dead because there were three new lives but only one death in the pyre - Magi Mazdur. Unless her death paid for the life of all three dragons it could fit. 

Not sure if i buy this theory - i mean i buy it being plausible just no definitive proof - but I like it better than a magic sword or the Mormont's family sword being the magical weapon. 

Edited by jcmontea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I guess Nissa Nissa would be Drogo or Rhaego or whoever the death was that paid for life that lead to the three dragons hatching. I think Drogo or Rhaego can count even if they are dead because there were three new lives but only one death in the pyre - Magi Mazdur. Unless her death paid for the life of all three dragons it could fit. 

Not sure if i buy this theory - i mean i buy it being plausible just no definitive proof - but I like it better than a magic sword or the Mormont's family sword being the magical weapon. 

I believe the dragons being born was some kind of magical event independent of needing death to pay for life. 

And I agree, lightbringer just being a magical sword is uninteresting. I would like it to be a metaphor for something a character does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 6:51 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Jon says fire and dragonglass, we are never told valyrian steal kills wights.

That is true now that i think about it, i'll admit i was working from the false position of thinking the latter was established fact, but Jon was slaying Wights with it left right and centre during Hardhome and Eastwatch, though that can be accredited to the point many others are making in this thread, that the plot demanded it. Either way the whole thing is a murky issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now