sansa, arya, and dany

starklover

10 hours ago, Cron said:

All concerned (Arya, Sansa, Jon and Dany) will soon know the truth from Bran and Sam, that Jon is the true heir.

Actually ... I think Bran and Sam, while they're going to tell Jon as soon as they can, they're going to tell Jon in private. Then it'll be up to Jon to either sit on it, try to figure out who he can talk to about it, or tell people about it.

That is, unless Daenerys says something about being the rightful Queen of the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms in front of Bran that triggers his Three Eyed Raven uncontrolled words mode, and he drops the identity bomb then and there.

That said, I'm rather looking forward to the Bran/Jon and Arya/Jon reunions. Also, the Sam/Jon reunion.

And the Stark siblings/Daenerys introductions and interactions; Bran's weird enough that Daenerys might try to minimize interactions with him, but if she is brought to believe in what he can do, he's a potential window into the past of her family; Sansa and Arya, however, aren't robots like Bran, and are Jon's beloved sisters - normally, you want your significant other's family to like you - and can tell her things about him that he won't, but they're also going to be protective of him and suspicious/dubious of her.

But mostly the Arya/Jon reunion - and I hope the show does their relationship justice.

9 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I took that as a division of responsibilities. Warden of the north and lord of winterfell, positions usually held by the same person, entail different responsibilities. Robert makes Jaime the warden of the east in the first book, which is where I thought the show was going.

My thoughts on where they were going with this were also different, but the fact remains that from Dany's POV making Jon Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North does make sense. That said, it can't be done without usurping Sansa at this moment. Which can be an issue.

8 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I agree. I think Sansa and Arya will be protective of Jon. I think they even more protective when Bran drops the Targ bomb. 

When Bran drops a Targ bomb, Dany will either be thoroughly confused or enraged. Probably both. That is where the girls will have to be even more protective of Jon.

5 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Very true.  I predict Sansa will turn green with envy.

LOL... I can't remember when Sansa was actually jealous of someone's beauty.her being jealous of Dany bevause of HER BEAUTY makes no sense.

5 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I believe that Sansa will die in TWOW.  At least i hope so.  I do not see this ever becoming an issue in the books.  Which is the more important story since it comes from the man himself, GRRM.  

The show may play this up and turn it into an issue.  Which will get annoying because the show is becoming a soap opera.  Not what you expect from an expensive show on an expensive premium channel.  

I doubt it will happen. Sansa is one of the protagonists, call it Big 6. We know Stark kids' roads will take them back to WF, we have a vision of Sansa slaying a giant in the castle of snow (we saw LF being killed in WF). Furthermore, there is a big issue in the books - the invasion of Others. But, we also know that Vale is the only untouched army in Westeros, we know that the food storages are filled and we already know Jon wanted to ask Lysa for help. That food and that army will be of importance in the war to come. So, arguing that Sansa won't be having any role and using GRRM's words to argument that is actually quite the contrary. 

Doesn't anyone see Sam as the one who drops the bomb? He will have heard by then that Dany roasted his father and brother alive. He might not be very sad about his father, but his brother? He would be tempted to throw it in her face that her claim to the Iron Throne isn't even justified.

Or it might not even come to a confrontation if Dany and Jon arrive on two dragons and save the day when Winterfell is about to be overwhelmed by the AotD. Nobody will have issues with them then.

30 minutes ago, Zapho said:

Doesn't anyone see Sam as the one who drops the bomb? He will have heard by then that Dany roasted his father and brother alive. He might not be very sad about his father, but his brother? He would be tempted to throw it in her face that her claim to the Iron Throne isn't even justified.

Or it might not even come to a confrontation if Dany and Jon arrive on two dragons and save the day when Winterfell is about to be overwhelmed by the AotD. Nobody will have issues with them then.

Sam will be enchanted by Dany like so many other men. Gilly will have a reason to become jealous. Even if Sam and Bran would agree not to publish Jon's heritage by his command, Gilly might blurt it out. So many possibilities yet.

3 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Sam will be enchanted by Dany like so many other men. Gilly will have a reason to become jealous. Even if Sam and Bran would agree not to publish Jon's heritage by his command, Gilly might blurt it out. So many possibilities yet.

In case, Gilly knows that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which she doesn't. Unless of course, Sam tells her. Also, I sincerely doubt that Sam will be enchanted by the woman who killed his brother. That would be an epic fail on writer's account. 

3 minutes ago, Risto said:

In case, Gilly knows that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which she doesn't. Unless of course, Sam tells her. Also, I sincerely doubt that Sam will be enchanted by the woman who killed his brother. That would be an epic fail on writer's account. 

Sam has much faith in Jon. But you could be right about Sam letting Dany know. In any case it won't be swept under the rug.

2 hours ago, Risto said:

LOL... I can't remember when Sansa was actually jealous of someone's beauty.her being jealous of Dany bevause of HER BEAUTY makes no sense.

Please, anybody tell me when Sansa was ever jealous of another woman? And Sansa is no slouch in the looks dept and IMO,  is toe to toe with Daenerys .  statuesque(This alone gives her points over Dany), red and gorgeous.  I think Sansa, Dany, Cersei and Maergery  Eleria, Mellisandre are all different beauties. I personally think Missandei is more beautiful than Dany.  But these are the comments you get when it comes to women. Nobody accuses Jorah of being jealous of Jon or Jon being jealous of Jaime, etc. 

Just had to get those shallow thoughts out. 

I think that the one jealous of Dany's looks can be Arya, not Sansa, since

a. she's been shown being insecure about her feminity (old times, but still)

b. she is the one of the sisters who can be jealous of Jon on the personal level.

Sansa will probably have objections about someone having political influence over Jon, as other people have pointed out.

Well, on one hand I wouldn't expect the final season to have plotlines like this, since they have more important things to solve, but on the other - D&D are unlikely to pass on an opportunity on some good ol' catty conflict when having two females on the same screen.

2 hours ago, Risto said:

LOL... I can't remember when Sansa was actually jealous of someone's beauty.

Yep, and she's spent time with Cersei and Margaery, showing (in Cersei's case in the looks dep) nothing but admiration.

1 minute ago, Tianzi said:

b. she is the one of the sisters who can be jealous of Jon on the personal level.

Sansa will probably have objections about someone having political influence over Jon, as other people have pointed out.

Well, on one hand I wouldn't expect the final season to have plotlines like this, since they have more important things to solve, but on the other - D&D are unlikely to pass on an opportunity on some good ol' catty conflict when having two females on the same screen.

Not to mention we are working with 6 episodes. 

Sansa has already shown that she will stand behind Jon, so does Arya. They will accept Dany, imo. Jon's claim will make them all look things in new perspective.

However... Tyrion meeting Sansa. Please, explain me how was Sansa's marriage to Ramsay Bolton legal? Shouldn't she still be married with Tyrion?

WHAT IF Tyrion has this planned and discussed with Cersei. He still claims to be Sansa's legal husband and Winterfell will belong to them as a pair. 

2 hours ago, Tianzi said:

Arya doesn't care about looks and when has she ever been jealous of Jon? Arya admires Targaryen women like Visenya and Rhaenys.

12 hours ago, Hoo said:

Dany is next in line as crown princess.  She is not a daughter of crown prince who never was a king.   Dany is a daughter of the king, a princess.  Dany is higher up. 

Dany isn't higher up than Jon. And never was.

Crown line: 1. King Aerys, 2. King's first son Crown Prince Rhaegar, 3. Rhaegar's first son Aegon I son of Elia Martell, 4. Rhaegar's second son Aegon II Jon Snow, 5. Rhaegar's daughter Rhaenys, 6. King Aerys' second son Prince Viserys, 7. King Aerys' daughter Daenerys.

King's first son is first in line after him, and king's other children can have a claim over throne, only if first son dies without leaving any heirs. So even though Rhaenys is only daughter of crown prince, while Dany is king's daugher, Rhaenys is higher than Dany.

Even if Aerys had only daughters, even then Dany would be last in line. First would be oldest daugher, then her male children, then her female children, then king's second daughter, then her male children, and after them her female children, and only after all of them - Dany. 

6 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Sansa has already shown that she will stand behind Jon, so does Arya. They will accept Dany, imo. Jon's claim will make them all look things in new perspective.

However... Tyrion meeting Sansa. Please, explain me how was Sansa's marriage to Ramsay Bolton legal? Shouldn't she still be married with Tyrion?

WHAT IF Tyrion has this planned and discussed with Cersei. He still claims to be Sansa's legal husband and Winterfell will belong to them as a pair. 

Sansa's own if marriage history could be used against Jon. Why should anyone recognize Rhaegar's annulment? 

19 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

First, the marriage was not consummated and in the TV, that means the marriage is nulled and void. 

Second, remember what happened to Baelish. Tyrion trying to control WF through Sansa would make him meet the same fate LF had.

10 minutes ago, Arya_StarkFan said:

Arya doesn't care about looks and when has she ever been jealous of Jon? Arya admires Targaryen women like Visenya and Rhaenys.

First, only Visenya was her hero. It would be strange that Rhaenys who was a total opposite of Arya to be her hero. Frthermore, in the books, in AGOT, young Arya is jealous of Sansa. That said, it could mean nothing in Season 8 of TV show.

7 hours ago, Kytheros said:

That said, I'm rather looking forward to the Bran/Jon and Arya/Jon reunions. Also, the Sam/Jon reunion.

And I'm looking forward to Sam/Dany introduction.

Dany: Hi, Sam. Nice to meet you. Thank you for curing Jorah. By the way, I roasted your father and brother.

Sam: Oh... (What to say under this circumstances?) ... Nice to meet you too, Your highness.

19 minutes ago, Arya_StarkFan said:

Jon has to worry about the fickle Northern lords more. I dont see them being happy about him giving up the north to Dany.

It was the dragons we bowed to, and now the dragons are dead.... 

they will bow when they see the dragons again

Archived