Acrophilia 17: Voyage is over (winner declared)

Dolorous Gabe

@jezzie_bell your ship will be Huntress. Ser Humfrey Hightower has agreed to be your First Mate. He is making for Oldtown to meet you as we speak and he demands payment in simple coin because he loves the markets there (he will base his level of helpfulness to you upon the amount you provide him with).

8 hours ago, a free shadow said:

You stand accused of murder, you stand accused of treason :pirate:

Your game proved to me the sense in people knowing the answer before voting :P

9 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

@jezzie_bell your ship will be Huntress. Ser Humfrey Hightower has agreed to be your First Mate. He is making for Oldtown to meet you as we speak and he demands payment in simple coin because he loves the markets there (he will base his level of helpfulness to you upon the amount you provide him with).

Frickin' Hightower, always wasting time haggling over Essosi rugs.

Word of warning to the newbie:

When you first see the clues, you'll feel lost. But if you keep revisiting them,a few will suddenly make sense. Use those to build towards the others by trying to determine the theme.

Or do what I do and forget about it, then log in late and hope the host hasn't moved on without your guesses.

Voyagers, your round one acronym choices are as follows:

A B E V O S T

or

T M M H E D R

Your character will be delivered in secret to your First Mate and will board your ship at the meeting point as detailed in-thread. Find out everything you can about your character and send me a clue of befitting standard.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Word of warning to the newbie:

When you first see the clues, you'll feel lost. But if you keep revisiting them,a few will suddenly make sense. Use those to build towards the others by trying to determine the theme.

Or do what I do and forget about it, then log in late and hope the host hasn't moved on without your guesses.

I took a browse through old games and I don't quite know if I am equipped for this.  I'm not sure I even understood when I saw the answers :rolleyes:

Edit:

This is hard.  I have some regrets.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

A round takes approximately a week. The host will set a deadline based on personal availability but is usually willing to extend if the timeframe doesn't suit someone. With a 3 round game it should theoretically be over in approximately one month from the starting point.

You'll likely get approximately a week to answer the round clues and come up with a clue for the next round. I will give a couple of days between rounds for favourite clue voting.

Now @rocksniffer  where are you brother? Stop running towards Irma and start sending me a PM!

And anyone else who wishes to play? Step right up! Everyone's a winner, bargains galore!

hahahahaha yes you know me too well @Dolorous Gabe...i just got back and am struggling with getting all the sand outta my ass...

PM on the way

:smoking:

On 9/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, jezzie_bell said:

I'm mildly terrified, but I'm gonna dip my toe in :o

...mmmmm...toes, my favorite  :drool:

never fear newb, i have never eaten anyone in the first round

and here is how easy it is...

Clue: Always bravely, even victoriously occasionally, sniffs tooties. 

Answer: rocksniffer

Theme: characters that get slapped on page

:smoking:

Two more entrants

@rocksniffer your ship will be Mad Prendos. Salladhor Saan has agreed to be your First Mate and he will meet you ASAP at King's Landing, where as payment for this he desires an evening in your company and at your expense traversing the city's many winesinks and taverns and see where the night takes you.

@a free shadow your ship is Cinnamon Wind. Quhuru Mo has agreed to let you captain the ship with his daughter Kojja as First Mate. Kojja Mo has demanded that you seek and capture a Squisher and turn up at The Whispers with it for her to keep (for reasons as yet unknown).

On 2017. 09. 13. at 11:46 AM, jezzie_bell said:

Frickin' Hightower, always wasting time haggling over Essosi rugs.

Well, my First Mate is Aurane Waters, who is known to have already stolen a whole fleet. Can you imagine how vigilant I must be? 

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I think you've all got nothing on how vigilant @Raisin' Bran has to be  :lol:

Isn't it good to know? :D

Still, if you ask me, the combination of a ship called Lady Olenna and a First Mate called Aurane Waters has treachery written all over it. Therefore, in the kitchens of Lady Olenna there is a cook on Lamprey Pie duty day and night. Perhaps the pie will secure Aurane's loyalty long enough to complete our current voyage and adventure. 

I am hoping to unleash R1 tomorrow evening. I have something from nearly everyone.

Let's say 9pm UK time (BST) tomorrow (18th September) is the deadline to have finalised your clues.

Edited to add: I do now have something acceptable from everyone but I will allow you until the given deadline above to make any changes you may desire.

PASSAGE ONE HINTS

Voyagers, tell your crew to man the boat, tis time to make for the ocean and set sail on your first journey. Your First Mate has been instructed to hand you a parchment with these clues inscribed onto it. Plot your course and choose your destinations of research wisely, some will help more than others.

1 Aviation believer. Exceptionally vapid. Often suggests takeoff.

2 Agile boy expresses voicelessly. Opting stilettos, therefore.

3 A behemoth embarks. Vomits ostentatiously. Serves toast.

4 Testified – monster murdered (?) highness – eventually died redly.

5 Although barren, estate's value offers suitors temptation.

6 The magnifying man has eleven-ish damp roofs.

7 Aflame, bronze emblem, variant of “southern” totem.

Remember, your prelim results will let you know exactly what is right and wrong but you will not get a prelim guess at the theme.

The deadline will be Monday 25th September at 11pm UK time. Make sure you dock the ship by then in a place that is accessible by messenger raven. I will be at Winterfell awaiting winter, so send me a raven to let me know where you will be docking. If you do not do this, your First Mate will send a raven for you.

Your First Mate will hand you your next character assignment in the next few days.

Bon voyage, intrepid travelers! Make sure you have enough wine, ale and rum aboard to last your journey! :cheers:

Archived