Acrophilia 17: Voyage is over (winner declared)

Dolorous Gabe

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

and weed...and onions to stave off scurvy...

I bow down to the expert's knowledge :bowdown:

I'm not sure they've discovered marijuana in Westeros or Essos have they? They've certainly got some weird stuff.

I think, much as I love the humble onion, I would prefer some nice fiery dragon peppers for staving off scurvy.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'm not sure they've discovered marijuana in Westeros or Essos have they? They've certainly got some weird stuff.

I think, much as I love the humble onion, I would prefer some nice fiery dragon peppers for staving off scurvy.

I am sufficiently nit picking/insanely bored that I just googled to see if red peppers would do the job. Apparently they do. Personally i'd want oranges, lemons and limes.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:58 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:

Word of warning to the newbie:

When you first see the clues, you'll feel lost. But if you keep revisiting them,a few will suddenly make sense. Use those to build towards the others by trying to determine the theme.

Or do what I do and forget about it, then log in late and hope the host hasn't moved on without your guesses.

I have been staring at the clues and I still feel lost. :huh:

Your First Mate will bring the following to your attention shortly.

Round Two Acronyms

W B W P F D

S E T T I

Your First Mate will also reveal to you that he/she has stowed a secret passenger onboard. This is your new character assignment for the next round.

TWO EXTRA CLUES FOR R2 ARE HIDDEN HERE

Sundown ends this tutelar's infatuations

Weary blasphemer's wayward path finds deliverance

But do not forget your other passenger, the one delivered to you for R1. This character can still help you. Take out your map of Westeros and Essos, plot your course, find your destination. Make sure to let me know where you will dock your ship before the end of Passage One.

On 9/19/2017 at 8:14 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

as you should...

too bad...but i can make do ...

your mouth might prefer the fire but your bunghole wouldn't...i gar on tee

On 9/20/2017 at 5:04 AM, jezzie_bell said:

I have been staring at the clues and I still feel lost. :huh:

at least you are staring at them...remember our sneaky host is giving clues you just have to ferret them out...the wiki is sometimes valuable but also this... link to search full text...try your character, and your mate...

just some free advice that will probably turn out to be useless

:smoking:

On 9/19/2017 at 9:25 PM, Castellan said:

I am sufficiently nit picking/insanely bored that I just googled to see if red peppers would do the job. Apparently they do. Personally i'd want oranges, lemons and limes.

well there is a limit to high dose citric acid...it can also effect...well a body's waste management...

trust me onions are the most digestible and easiest on the system...and can be eaten a variety of ways...

On 21/09/2017 at 9:57 PM, rocksniffer said:

...remember our sneaky host is giving clues you just have to ferret them out...

Am I indeed? In the past I certainly have left little nuggets to dig up in the thread. Have I this time? :P

30 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Am I indeed? In the past I certainly have left little nuggets to dig up in the thread. Have I this time? :P

:uhoh: there must be something...somewhere...all these words must mean something....

don't they...

Don't They....

DON'T THEY  :eek:

heh heh heh

:smoking:

...all these words must mean something....

Ah but are words not merely wind? Or is it only spoken words that are wind, lost into the ether as soon as they are released? Here's a philosophical question: if words are wind, is a name mere wind? Does my board name qualify more as wind than my real life name? If so, why?

In a previous game I used the theme characters who spoke words are wind on page. I expect an essay from each of you on my obsession with this saying. You can thank @rocksniffer for this joyous extracurricular activity :P

I may or may not put you out of your misery on whether I have hidden hints to this theme (I may or may not have hidden hints to future themes). But not yet. Not yet.

Carry on! Ride your wooden horses over the poison water, as the Dothraki would say.

Archived