Acrophilia 17: Voyage is over (winner declared)

Dolorous Gabe

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

PM me the characters ... I haven't had time to really look at this since we got it. I was hoped the answers would swim into my brain but not so

Me, too! I did not have time for days, and now it is just blank everywhere, a desert of blankness. I have some answers, but they do not seem like anything. I would really like to know if the first clue makes any sense at all (but DO NOT tell me, please). I had a very good explanation for it (although the answer would have been a minor character and I did not really feel it will), and now it is just nothing/everything.

49 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Me, too! I did not have time for days, and now it is just blank everywhere, a desert of blankness. I have some answers, but they do not seem like anything. I would really like to know if the first clue makes any sense at all (but DO NOT tell me, please). I had a very good explanation for it (although the answer would have been a minor character and I did not really feel it will), and now it is just nothing/everything.

In a sense, it’s nice to know that I’m not suffering alone. 

On the other hand, knowing that these clues make sense to anyone would give me hope that they are solvable. 

:blush:

I see. a free shadow and jezziebell confused too! I always picture everyone else reclining with a drink having solved all the clues with a little sensible thought.

This is a very hard game, I think.

I finally sent some nutty prelims in just to eliminate those possibilities.

39 minutes ago, jezzie_bell said:

Are there, like, points for speed?  

I remember a game - perhaps it was rocksniffer's - where extra points were awarded to the player who first sent the correct set of answers.

14 hours. Last Hearth has fallen and The Others are on their way. Who will emerge as our hero?

The winner will get the chance to name a new position or title for each of the other voyagers, assuming we defeat the Others of course, if he/she wishes (he/she may defer this to me).

All voyagers may send such a list to me if they wish to, in case they miraculously emerge victorious or simply find the idea a potentially amusing way to pass the time. I may or may not publish these lists on the thread.

I have arrived at Winterfell with my list.  It is really f*ckin cold here.

Now the excruciating wait to find out just how badly I've done.... I'll just wait over by the fire, sipping my pumpkin-spice latte.  make that a mulled wine.

16 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I remember a game - perhaps it was rocksniffer's - where extra points were awarded to the player who first sent the correct set of answers.

It's the "correct set" that would be my Achilles. 

Welcome to Winterfell, those that are here already. A certain someone is still a long way away but fortunately the Others have been held up too, for the Wulls and co are giving them a helluva fight. This gives our straggler a last chance to get here before our battle begins. It will be sometime today.

I'm here, enjoying all the wonderful things that Winterfell has to offer.

9 hours ago, jezzie_bell said:

I have arrived at Winterfell with my list.  It is really f*ckin cold here.

Now the excruciating wait to find out just how badly I've done.... I'll just wait over by the fire, sipping my pumpkin-spice latte.  make that a mulled wine.

Fireplace, mulled wine, good company... it is quite pleasant to spend a few hours in Winterfell (for the time being at least). Oh, and we mustn't forget to visit the hot springs while we are here! (I was just about to start a voyage to circumnavigate Planetos when I received the summons, so I feel I'm entitled to some compensation.) By the way, have you seen Abel with his harp? We need some music and songs. 

1 hour ago, a free shadow said:

I am not there yet, the others who are traveling with me are slow! :ninja:

Wait, wait, wait, are you bringing Others to Winterfell??? :shocked: 

BLOW THE HORNS!!! 3 TIMES!!!

I've had a strange day, so I am going to reduce that 6 hours I announced to 5 hours. In other words the Others are quickening the pace and will be here in around half an hour. I think someone has refused to answer the call. At 10pm UK time I will count up points and then publish the answers.

Then the last battle will begin. Light the beacons and ready the dragonglass.

Archived