Acrophilia 17: Voyage is over (winner declared)

Dolorous Gabe

PASSAGE THREE RESULTS

1 Secretly tallies bare threads

Answer: Arya Stark

Author: jezzie_bell

Faves: Julia

Total: 15

2 Lonely rider overtaken. Dark.

Answer: Jon Snow

Author: Julia H.

Faves: a free shadow

Total: 24

3 Lowlifes' revolt orchestrated death

Answer: Jeor Mormont

Author: Castellan

Faves: -

Total: 18

4 Lord...Reserved...Outplayed...Decollated.

Answer: Ned Stark

Author: rocksniffer

Faves: N/A

Total: 9

5 Soft tones breed treason.

Answer: Roose Bolton

Author: Raisin' Bran

Faves: -

Total: 18

6 Stubbed toes betoken troubles.

Answer: Theon Greyjoy

Author: Ser Not Appearing

Faves: Raisin' Bran N/A

Total: -

7 'Sword!!!' told (believably) to...

Answer: Catelyn Stark

Author: a free shadow

Faves: Castellan, Jez

Total: 25

FINAL STANDINGS

1 a free shadow 44 + 25 = 69

2 Julia H. 40 + 24 = 64

3 Raisin' Bran 35 + 18 = 53

4 Castellan 33 + 18 = 51

5 jezzie_bell 31 + 15 = 46

6 rocksniffer 29 + 9 = 38

7 Ser Not Appearing 21

Congratulations to the champion voyager  a free shadow

a shadow has been cast across the entire game, letting nobody see any light. Julia battled hard but could not quite manage to break out. Raisin' Bran gave everything to the cause and Castellan was continually unlucky. Talented newcomer Jez brought style and humour to the proceedings while rocksniffer taunted the frontrunners before trying to reach his rock-bottom goal but was thwarted by the busy and forgetful Ser.

Well done all, the Others have been fought off and a new dawn is breaking. a free shadow can claim whatever northern title is desired and has the opportunity to bestow northern lands and a fancy new title to all the voyagers.

What is next?

'Unlucky' is a complimentary way to put it! Thanks, DG.

I had no idea that the clue I voted for was a shadowy clue, in fact when I tried to think about who authored what, I was stumped by this clue in particular. It just sort of grabbed me because it was a pretty unusual way to use the letters to point to a character.

I also liked 'soft tones breed treason' just for the sound of it and it for some reason bamboozled me for a long time - although one would think Roose's whispery voice would spring to mind straight away. 

Congratulations to @a free shadow on a wonderfully played game and the victory! Oh, and on the new Northern title and lands as well!

So the Others are defeated! :cheers: to everyone! I can actually see the new day breaking now. 

Special congratulations to our newbie for all her contributions to the fight game. :D

Last but not least, a million thanks to our really awesome host for taking us on this exciting voyage!

8 hours ago, Castellan said:

'Unlucky' is a complimentary way to put it! Thanks, DG.

You are still an elite player as far as everyone sees it.

5 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Last but not least, a million thanks to our really awesome host for taking us on this exciting voyage!

I offered shadow a cookie and it was impolitely declined. Now I offer it to you

2 hours ago, jezzie_bell said:

and @Dolorous Gabe, I swore I would never say this....but you're on fleek, mate. :)

I will take this in the complimentary fashion it was intended with the strict proviso that you never use this term again :P

17 hours ago, Castellan said:

I also liked 'soft tones breed treason' just for the sound of it and it for some reason bamboozled me for a long time

Thanks. Yours bamboozled me too.

9 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Which is better: Raisin' Bran's taste in clues or the taste of raisin bran?

It was a really good clue. Surprised no one else "voted" for it. But I think raisin bran is better than my taste in clues.

I do think the final round's clues were overall an excellent standard, so I'm not surprised the votes were quite split, although I expected more votes to come in for Jez's wonderful Arya clue. Two players did fail to vote though. I probably should have used the system where the voter gets a point for voting.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:35 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

a free shadow can claim whatever northern title is desired and has the opportunity to bestow northern lands and a fancy new title to all the voyagers

My titles are not known :ninja: And I bestow no titles, when there is a Stark in Winterfell they will do it. Except for Ser, Ser is put to cleaning duties, for cowardice :laugh:

I did not think I had the theme or the Arya clue, and it shows how hard it was to think anything :ninja: And I only got the theme, because when I really could not put two thoughts together, there was an echo of a mafia game in my head (a game where some people are liars and you have to figure out who), which reminded me that 'that post from Dolorous Gabe that was absolutely false, there must have been a reason for it'. For Arya I had a vague thought that it fits in a small way if it is about moirai, and just could not access my mind to think anything much. 

It is good that this game is played :ninja: Julia H. and everyone else saved it and everything, not me.

I have come up with a new idea for a slight variation of an Acrophilia round. I hope I can find two more rounds using the same variation and use it for a future game.

Any prospective hosts of either Acrophilia or Acrophobia? If not I don't mind hosting an Acrophobia game as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

ah well i failed ...again... to start strong then fall into the abyss...

this 5 day hangover i have suffered under did more to aid my goal than my weak ass performance...

cheers to winners and losers alike :commie:

special :leer: and :smoking: to jez who has earned her stripes

good job Brother Gabe, a truly dolorous-worthy game...  :cheers:

i shall now sail back to lys to rediscover my physical and mental strength... :cool4::leer:

:smoking:

On 2017. 10. 21. at 2:16 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I have come up with a new idea for a slight variation of an Acrophilia round. I hope I can find two more rounds using the same variation and use it for a future game.

Any prospective hosts of either Acrophilia or Acrophobia? If not I don't mind hosting an Acrophobia game as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

I'm thinking of an Acrophilia game but I haven't got it properly planned yet. 

On 21 October 2017 at 7:19 AM, a free shadow said:

My titles are not known :ninja: And I bestow no titles, when there is a Stark in Winterfell they will do it. Except for Ser, Ser is put to cleaning duties, for cowardice :laugh:

I would like a new game too, but before that I demand my reward.

I do not want a title but I think I should be appointed Castellan, so my name makes sense. 

17 hours ago, Castellan said:

I would like a new game too, but before that I demand my reward.

I do not want a title but I think I should be appointed Castellan, so my name makes sense. 

I am not a Stark :ninja:

But the Snowfall Castle of the Great Other has lost its ruler, and a black ice dragon sleeps undiscovered in its dungeons.

Ser can be added, for cleaning.

3 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I am not a Stark :ninja:

But the Snowfall Castle of the Great Other has lost its ruler, and a black ice dragon sleeps undiscovered in its dungeons.

Ser can be added, for cleaning.

OK. I was afraid it would be Harrenhal but I see you came up with something else. But I must take my career seriously. "Supervised one cleaner and a black ice dragon in an icy hell" is a start.

Ok, serious withdrawal setting in   

I cant sleep.  I wake up in strange places with the wiki open.  Who knows how long I’ve been alt-shift-x’ing my way through the pages.

I can’t eat.  I’ve been on a not-so-steady diet of Halloween candy and special brownies.  Ok, so I can eat. Wait, what?  Never mind.

I see acronyms everywhere... TESCO, ASDA, Lidl.  On the bright side, I’ve had an early start to Xmas shopping  

Did I hear something about a new game?B)

Archived