Acrophilia 17: Voyage is over (winner declared)

Dolorous Gabe

I have left hints to themes in the thread.

There is a reasonable theme idea that sorta kinda fits all the answers that was not what I was going for. I will give half theme points for this answer.

Edit: i cannot give any points for the fake theme now because i have given you an extra character below.

I have received an extension request. I will be extending an extra 24hours to Tuesday evening UK time, say 9pm.

Another reminder to let me know where you will be docking your ship, otherwise I will choose for you. Perhaps you might like to consider asking your passengers where they might like to be dropped off?

3 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Not sort of, it fits. You will get three years of extra bad breath for stealing my points :smug:

The problem with it is that there are characters in the list I would never have considered using if that was the intended theme. Their inclusion would be uninteresting, pointless or could even be proven wrong with more info from GRRM. I have taken my decision carefully and with research.

4 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I would never have considered using if that was the intended theme.

This cannot be an argument.

4 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Their inclusion would be uninteresting, pointless

That is the only thing that would have been interesting and clever!

5 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

could even be proven wrong with more info from GRRM. I have taken my decision carefully and with research.

There previously were themes that "could be proven wrong with more information". All themes can be proved wrong with more information.

Also, I don't care :smug:

Okay, I sense some displeasure so here is another character who fits the intended theme but not the fake theme.

WYMAN MANDERLY

I chose not to use this character because he fits the theme in a marginally different way to everyone else.

Take my advice, people. Take my advice. That's my final word on the issue (except it wasn't)

Edit: I can no longer give points for the fake theme.

Many of you may be researching too much about this theme. It is actually quite a simple idea. Remember, the free character I gave you fits the theme in a very slightly different way to the others.

How often have you had a conversation with your R1 passenger? A discussion about their life over a map of Westeros and a nice flagon of Arbor Gold could be a pleasant way to spend this evening.

Currently I'm stranded on an island of reality. My passenger(s) and my First Mate are enjoying the gentle waves of fantasy far away from me. They may or may not come back tonight to pick me up on time.

5ish hours to go, voyagers.

Should be somewhere between 10pm and 11pm UK time that I get round to posting the answers. Please make sure you are done by 10pm UK time.

You will then have approx. 24 hours to vote for a fave and complete your new clue.

i have ported in a warm southern atoll just off the coast of....well all i can say is i can still taste my host's wife...

:smoking:

1 hour ago, Julia H. said:

Am I the only one who has problems navigating westeros.org? Pages don't open or open only with great difficulty. 

i was having issues yesterday but not today

Archived