NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Steelers/Browns was closer than anyone could imagine. Offense couldn't get rolling at all. No contributions from Bell or Bryant. It was all AB, which is all you need against Cleveland. I expect we'll get this ship straight going forward. 

Oh, and TJ Watt's first game included 2 sacks and an INT. Glad our new defensive philosophy includes starting young guys when warranted. Dick Lebeau would have Watt sit the bench the first 4 years of his career.

It was pretty fun watching Green Bay watch a viable defense for once. We'll have to see whether it stands up against a better offense than Seattle. If it really is more than just a fluke, this could team could get scary if we get lucky enough to have Rodgers in the right temperament. 

53 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Dallas getting pressure every fucking down. I'm already disgusted with this season. How these stubborn pricks didn't address the O-line is just absurd. 

ETA: Absolute horseshit flag. Unreal.

Agreed that the penalty was total bullshit. At the same time, I'm not sure it would have really mattered if the Giants' performance thus far is anything to go by. It's painful to watch how quickly each of these offensive plays ends.

8 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The new Lions uniforms are fucking hideous.

Apparently they are going with 4 versions. https://goo.gl/images/KaMmxX

Lions fans will be happy with any change in direction/look/image, the bar has been so low for so long.

Anyways todays victory is just the sort of contest that Detroit usually keeps close and then blows up and loses traditionally. 20 4th quarter pts and a victory over the usually very competitive Cards, most Lion fans are nervously optimstic over that and the possibilities for the teams 2017 chances of at least winning one playoff game. (Detroit winning one playoff game would pretty much count as the Lions version of winning a SB, like I said the bars pretty low)

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Showed some signs of life when Watson came in, but yeah, that offense looks really bad.

Their defense might be too good to get them in the top 3 draft pick club though.

Yeah, they were less embarrassing when Watson was at QB, but man every time they pressured him he fell the fuck apart. I can see why they wanted to keep him as the backup to start the year.  Savage was just too awful to keep it that way.

Archived