NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

14 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The Griffins Roosters unequivocally deny any accusations of a rebuilding effort. "We're about championships here, that's what these players expect. We're all focused on closing out strong tonight and moving on to the next week." Team manager Jace 'The Pony Queen' told me today. 

Whether or not the Roosters are jockeying for position on any of a number of quarterbacks that seem ready to hit the draft next year is ultimately a moot point, as unless the team starts to Pony Up unlikely wins, the Griffins might be Roosted out of town. 

I'm WEFL Insider Jace, and this has been your I'll Get To It In a Minute update.

Bravo!

12 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

For all of your information, Cutler didn't even play this week and imma go 4-0.

I couldn’t believe this, but apparently having Cutler on the bench was more valuable than having Dalton in the game.

On 9/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, Tywin et al. said:

@Maithanetstill bullish on the Tyrannosauruses?

Uhh?  Of course?  I mean, I expected them to go 0-3 with none of the games even close.  But instead the Jags won going away, the Browns lost by 3 to a good Steelers team and the Jets were at least semi-competitive against another NFL team.  I never relied on the Jets for more than 5 or so players on the Tyrannosaurs anyway, so they hardly matter.  Kizer looks like he might be at least decent, and that's all I need.

As for actual football teams, Jay Gruden extends his streak to 4 on opening week losses, and it was ugly.  Kirk Cousins had 3 turnovers and looked terrible, Pryor looks like a lock to lead the league in drops, and the defense still can't get off the field on 3rd and 10+.  But on the plus side...the run defense looks better? 

I don't know if you should expect me to comment much on this team.  I'm out of good things to say, and frankly I'm running out of patience with berating them every week too. 

Feeling pretty good about the Browns owning the Texans' first and second round picks next year right about now.  Watson might have an injury heading into a Thursday night game and their coach can't decide on a QB.  Their TE is on injured reserve after picking up another concussion.  Watt may miss some time (which sucks for my dynasty league, but whatever).  Lot going wrong in Houston.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Feeling pretty good about the Browns owning the Texans' first and second round picks next year right about now.  Watson might have an injury heading into a Thursday night game and their coach can't decide on a QB.  Their TE is on injured reserve after picking up another concussion.  Watt may miss some time (which sucks for my dynasty league, but whatever).  Lot going wrong in Houston.

Yeah, I can't wait to see who they bust on with that top-15 pick.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

All their high picks the last two drafts are looking pretty good.

Difficulty: The Factory of Sadness

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Factory of Sadness Logo_zpscjg5i9r0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

/All kidding aside, I have to kind of agree with your optimism. Things seem to be looking up in Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

/All kidding aside, I have to kind of agree with your optimism. Things seem to be looking up in Cleveland.

Yeah, losing Garrett for a few weeks sucks, but outside of him, Peppers and Kizer look very good and Njoku, while obviously a work in progress as are all rookie TEs, had a solid first game.  And the guys they drafted last year have mostly looked like quality selections too.  They didn't hit on every pick, but no team does.  They also have like five top-sixty picks this spring.

Remember me complaining about the high ticket prices in Indy a couple months back?

Colts collapse leads to crash of secondary ticket market in Indy.

Sadly, the Niners game is where they will retire PFM's jersey; so I don't see that game being much of a bargain.  However, what I found most fascinating was the graphic in the article comparing average ticket price for all 32 teams.

The Colts are the cheapest at $117, but holy bleeding hell... the average ticket to see the Patriots is over $540. :stunned:   All those rich southies up there or somethin' I guess.  Wow.

19 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I am curious about whether the LA Rams are much improved.  Yes, they were playing a Tolzien-led Colts team which might be really bad, but they did blow them out and look credible doing it.  And if you watched the Rams last year you know that their offense was truly terrible...like couldn't score on the Colts kind of bad.  

Impossible to say at this point, as the Luckless Colts might just be the worst team in the league. Bottom 3 for sure. 

25 minutes ago, Triskan said:

It's wild to me that Dalton was once considered a potentially good QB.  I think it's pretty clear now that he's at bets a Cousins type where you find yourself stuck with him in that you know his ceiling isn't that high but he's not quite bad enough to just cut lose like a Brockstar because you don't know that you can do better.

I am curious about whether the LA Rams are much improved.  Yes, they were playing a Tolzien-led Colts team which might be really bad, but they did blow them out and look credible doing it.  And if you watched the Rams last year you know that their offense was truly terrible...like couldn't score on the Colts kind of bad.  

Not sure anyone really considered him more than what he is. We always knew he was a product of the players around him which is why the Bengals went out and got a thousand weapons. The problem with Dalton, and the Bengals as a whole, is that it isn't very often they have both weapons and a competent OL at the same time (2015 is an exception until they lost Dalton). Last year it was the weapons, this year it's the OL. With a QB who is horrendous under pressure and an OL that's bottom 2 in the league (LT, C and RG are as bad as it gets and RT is meh), Bengals aren't going to be very good this season and while Dalton will look really bad, it'll be less due to his ability (we know what he is) but more due to the Bengals exposing his weaknesses rather then accentuating his strengths.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Remember me complaining about the high ticket prices in Indy a couple months back?

Colts collapse leads to crash of secondary ticket market in Indy.

Sadly, the Niners game is where they will retire PFM's jersey; so I don't see that game being much of a bargain.  However, what I found most fascinating was the graphic in the article comparing average ticket price for all 32 teams.

The Colts are the cheapest at $117, but holy bleeding hell... the average ticket to see the Patriots is over $540. :stunned:   All those rich southies up there or somethin' I guess.  Wow.

Good for the fans. Fucking punish this clownshow, I hope Irsay OD's in his bathtub and drowns on Ballard's idiocy.

49 minutes ago, Triskan said:

It's wild to me that Dalton was once considered a potentially good QB.  I think it's pretty clear now that he's at bets a Cousins type where you find yourself stuck with him in that you know his ceiling isn't that high but he's not quite bad enough to just cut lose like a Brockstar because you don't know that you can do better.

27 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Impossible to say at this point, as the Luckless Colts might just be the worst team in the league. Bottom 3 for sure. 

I watch all of the game, boys. Trust me, the Rams are not a good team. They're much better than last year, but I guarantee they'll have a top-10 pick this season. The O-line couldn't really open holes for Gurley, gave Goff minutes at a time to throw, and the kid still took until deep in the 4th to accumulate 300 yards despite the fact that guys were running uncovered. He was replacement level, accurate enough with all of the free space between receivers and DB's when given hours to throw, but it still took him a long time to uncork the ball to WIDE OPEN receivers.

Seriously, I cannot stress enough how bad the defense was against Goff. Gurley only had 50 rushing on like 20 runs, the team scored a lot, but with only 50 rushing yards the quarterback still had to play deep into the game to barely crack 300 yards. That's not a great sign.

Colin Kaepernick would have thrown for 400 and rushed for 150.

49 minutes ago, Triskan said:

My take is that the players were better than shown under Fisher.  Jeff was done and phoning it in and the Rams reflected that.

4 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Yeah, all of that makes sense to me.  The Colts are bad enough that a bad team might spank them, and Fisher probably coached them down last year.  I am still not too high on Goff.  He had a few really terrible plays in the pre-season and he was just so bad last year.  But he might have a bit more to work with this year, and he's an unusually young starting QB last year as I think he was really young for his year in school and came out after three years.  Maybe just maybe there's hope.

Hilarious that it looks like the Savage era in Houston lasted half a game.

One might say that his quick benching was... savage

I'm curious, who do people think is currently the worst owner?

It seems like it would have to be a near tie between Irsay the drug addict and York the dipshit, with Snyder running third?  JJ still pretty crazy, but think his badness has now been eclipsed. Or am I missing some bad owners?

After seeing all the horrendous QB play this weekend, it's clear that Kaepernick could be starting for a bunch of teams.  Tolzien's already in danger of being benched for Brisset, who just joined the team a week ago.  He's also better than McCown, Hoyer, and Savage.  I hope he gets another chance to play this year, but at this point, it seems unlikely.  He's definitely being blackballed.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm curious, who do people think is currently the worst owner?

It seems like it would have to be a near tie between Irsay the drug addict and York the dipshit, with Snyder running third?  JJ still pretty crazy, but think his badness has now been eclipsed. Or am I missing some bad owners?

Worst like biggest prick or most detrimental to the team?

Archived