NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Bill O'Brian really is such an offensive genius! After refusing to acknowledge the concept of creativity for the entire game by repeatedly (and unsuccessfully) attempting to rush up the middle on 3rd and short while having a QB who scored a 49 yard TD IN THIS GAME, he once again ignores the possibility of rolling the young man out of the pocket.

1 minute ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

JJ Watt sent that lineman's soul to the crossroads on that spear. 

Bungles have yet to find the end zone this season. Marvin Jones seat must be as hot as the sun right about now. 

Mike Brown will never fire a man with guaranteed money on his deal.

Not my boldest prediction, but Marv Lewis will be the first NFL coach fired and it will be during the season.  The Bengals are terrible.  They had a home game against a rookie QB with a relatively healthy team.  And the Bengals sucked.  Out loud.  4-15 on 3rd down (same as the Texans, though); punted 7 times, had no dangerous drives; Dalton played... fine, I guess but he never was in danger of taking over the game or putting the Benagls on his proverbial shoulders.  Lewis looks cooked.  I can't imagine that he can do anything to fix this team.

Maybe I'm being too harsh; after all almost every team in the NFL looks bad right now.  Maybe the biggest story out of this week has been how poor the play has seemed (though that could be an appearance and not a reality).  But watching the Bengals just look like everything was so hard while the D played with earnest futility was no real fun.  

On September 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm throwing a curve ball and saying James Dolan is the worst owner.

As far as the NFL goes, can we pick the people of Green Bay? If not, I'd say Woody Johnson deserves a vote. If it's who is the worst person, let Ziggy, Jerry and Irsay fight for that title. 

7 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Not my boldest prediction, but Marv Lewis will be the first NFL coach fired and it will be during the season.  The Bengals are terrible.  They had a home game against a rookie QB with a relatively healthy team.  And the Bengals sucked.  Out loud.  4-15 on 3rd down (same as the Texans, though); punted 7 times, had no dangerous drives; Dalton played... fine, I guess but he never was in danger of taking over the game or putting the Benagls on his proverbial shoulders.  Lewis looks cooked.  I can't imagine that he can do anything to fix this team.

Maybe I'm being too harsh; after all almost every team in the NFL looks bad right now.  Maybe the biggest story out of this week has been how poor the play has seemed (though that could be an appearance and not a reality).  But watching the Bengals just look like everything was so hard while the D played with earnest futility was no real fun.  

Brown isn't going to fire Lewis mid season. Not after 15 years. They may find another scapegoat though.

Agreed on the NFL. It hasn't been a good start to the season at all.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

*From the Pick’em League*

Puts 9 points on Andy Dalton:

Painful.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I thought the parts of that game that I saw were actually kind of entertaining.  But then I sort of enjoy watching quarterbacks running for their lives.  I'm also pleased that I picked the Texans to win, and am frankly hoping Watson turns into a decent qb.  Not terribly convinced he can given his mechanical/accuracy issues, but maybe he'll pull it together? 

I don't know. It's not like he was good. He had one awesome play (coupled with bad defense) and that's about it. Not sure he'll be able to get over his inability to keep his eyes up in the face of pressure. Seven years later and Dalton certainly hasn't. 

I thought the parts of that game that I saw were actually kind of entertaining.  But then I sort of enjoy watching quarterbacks running for their lives.  I'm also pleased that I picked the Texans to win, and am frankly hoping Watson turns into a decent qb.  Not terribly convinced he can given his mechanical/accuracy issues, but maybe he'll pull it together? 

Archived