NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

5 minutes ago, sperry said:

The legend of Young Hoe Koo did not last long.

I hope he doesn't get cut. Last week wasn't his fault, and 44 for the win is no chipshot.

Meanwhile, even if Luck was healthy I think I'd still enjoy watching the Dolphins and Broncos more this year. I like how both play.

I am a Bronco fan who thought a playoff run was a good possibility.  I also thought the Cowboys would take a step back this season unless Dak showed the ability to throw the ball down field.

But color me shocked at this start Denver is on.  Our QB is making kid mistakes but is also throwing some dimes, including some down the middle of the field that Kubs forgot existed last year. At some point I am going to look up how to spell his name and practice it a bit; he may be sticking around longer than I thought.

5 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I am a Bronco fan who thought a playoff run was a good possibility.  I also thought the Cowboys would take a step back this season unless Dak showed the ability to throw the ball down field.

But color me shocked at this start Denver is on.  Our QB is making kid mistakes but is also throwing some dimes, including some down the middle of the field that Kubs forgot existed last year. At some point I am going to look up how to spell his name and practice it a bit; he may be sticking around longer than I thought.

Kid has a hose.

5 minutes ago, sperry said:

So far, Chiefs, Falcons, Raiders, Broncos, and Bucs have looked like the best teams. Not sure on the Steelers since they haven't faced real competition yet.

I thought Philly looked really impressive, even in defeat. Not sure if you can make anything of TB yet, seeing as they've only played a lower tiered team in Chicago.

Would put Chiefs, Falcons and Broncos slightly ahead of the Raiders, as I'm not sure that their defense measures up.

8 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I thought Philly looked really impressive, even in defeat. Not sure if you can make anything of TB yet, seeing as they've only played a lower tiered team in Chicago.

Would put Chiefs, Falcons and Broncos slightly ahead of the Raiders, as I'm not sure that their defense measures up.

Chicago is lower-tier, but I don't think they are truly dreadful like the league's worst. I'm not super high on Philly. Run game is non-existent, Wentz is still boom or bust, the offensive line is bad. I think they'll make the playoffs, but they're not a real contender. Wentz is also taking a pounding, and I could see him having an atrocious second half like he did last year.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:12 PM, Joe Pesci said:

I'm expecting a close game, and I believe this game could go either way tbh. It'll hinge on what shape Bradford's knee is really in, and if it is really limiting him significantly (reports I've seen are conflicting on the severity), that would be what tips the scales for the Steelers imo. I know the Vikes O-line was bad last year (no clue about this years group), and the Steelers pass rush was great against a vastly improved Browns line last week. If they can get to Bradford quickly before he gets rid of the ball and keep pressure on him, it'll be an uphill climb for the Vikes. On the other side, I am really looking forward to seeing how the Steelers offense matches up with the Vikes defense, especially Brown vs Rhodes. Do the Vikes keep Rhodes on the opposing teams top WR all game or only when it fits their scheme?  

Well that went as expected without Bradford. Speaking of which,

@sperry, Way to jinx it, just like I warned you. Word around town is Bradford might be done for the year. His knee keeps swelling and they can’t rely on an MRI because there is too much scar tissue from his previous ACL tears. Maybe Kaepernick will finally get a call……

The Chiefs look really good.  Losing Berry is really unfortunate, but even still they look like contenders in a way I've never really seen them as before.  A balanced offense and defense, strong special teams, and few turnovers is a recipe for success.  Denver likewise looks like they might have a real quarterback, and if so they're scary too.  Siemian said that he doesn't need to be great, he just needs to be decent, and he's doing that.

Oakland looks to be improved defensively from their 12-4 squad last year, and they still might be the third best team in the division. 

The Chargers have looked not terrible, but unable to close.  But three very good teams and one not terrible team equals the best division in football, and at the moment, it isn't even close. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well that went as expected without Bradford. Speaking of which,

@sperry, Way to jinx it, just like I warned you. Word around town is Bradford might be done for the year. His knee keeps swelling and they can’t rely on an MRI because there is too much scar tissue from his previous ACL tears. Maybe Kaepernick will finally get a call……

I don't have the power to jinx the guy. Dude is just cursed. I would assume it's career over for him if it's an actually an ACL tear. That being said, hopefully we can rely on Zimmer when he says it's not somethign that will require surgery. 

11 minutes ago, sperry said:

I don't have the power to jinx the guy. Dude is just cursed. I would assume it's career over for him if it's an actually an ACL tear. That being said, hopefully we can rely on Zimmer when he says it's not somethign that will require surgery. 

A pox on House Sperry I say. A POX!

Also, do you really want to trust a man’s opinion on surgeries whose had 75,631 eye surgeries?

Honestly is there anything more Vikings than a QB having the best game of his life only to go down with a knee injury? At least we’ll have a first round pick to use on a QB next year. But considering our recent track record with first round picks and QBs, I’m not confident that it will go well. We’ve got Bradford, knee exploded, Bridgewater, knee exploded, Ponder, terrible, and Culpepper, knee exploded.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

A pox on House Sperry I say. A POX!

Also, do you really want to trust a man’s opinion on surgeries whose had 75,631 eye surgeries?

Honestly is there anything more Vikings than a QB having the best game of his life only to go down with a knee injury? At least we’ll have a first round pick to use on a QB next year. But considering our recent track record with first round picks and QBs, I’m not confident that it will go well. We’ve got Bradford, knee exploded, Bridgewater, knee exploded, Ponder, terrible, and Culpepper, knee exploded.

Eh, seems like Bradfords knee kinda just... ain't no good no more.

From a medical perspective I'd say "yeah, see all this white and grey here on the x ray? Yeah, that's no good. It's just not good anymore."

37 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Eh, seems like Bradfords knee kinda just... ain't no good no more.

From a medical perspective I'd say "yeah, see all this white and grey here on the x ray? Yeah, that's no good. It's just not good anymore."

Lol. excellent bedside manner their nurse.

Also, you should update your location to Tomorrow-morrow Land.

Jaguars signed QB Ryan Nassib.

With Blake Bortles fading into oblivion, the Jags decided they needed another quarterback on the roster behind Chad Henne. Nassib played for coach Doug Marrone at Syracuse. With Bortles a weekly threat to get benched, it's conceivable that at some point Henne could be named starter and Nassib could end up the No. 2 with Bortles a healthy scratch. That scenario is probably still a ways away, however. Nassib also isn't good, which is a problem.

Seriously? Are they trying to make Bortles look better? (Duh) Not a good look with CK still looking for a job.

eta:

He [Nassib] struggled mightily last preseason, completing just 31 of his 75 pass attempts (41 percent) for 379 yards, with three touchdowns, three interceptions and nine sacks. The Giants moved on with veterans Josh Johnson and Geno Smith as backup options, then they drafted QB Davis Webb in the third round.

Archived