NFL 2017: And Now It Begins!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

18 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I think Ty is going to shoot me in the back of the neck, but if we don't get one more the league is gonna have to be scrapped.

Back? I still need to know what color your eyes are.....

I’m surprised the thread is so dead two days before the season starts. Anyways, the NFL has announced that the game in Miami will not be played because of the hurricane. That’s a shame really, I enjoy a good storm game. The thing that stinks for the Fins and the Bucs is there’s a decent chance neither team will have a bye week this year, which seems really unfair.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m surprised the thread is so dead two days before the season starts. Anyways, the NFL has announced that the game in Miami will not be played because of the hurricane. That’s a shame really, I enjoy a good storm game. The thing that stinks for the Fins and the Bucs is there’s a decent chance neither team will have a bye week this year, which seems really unfair.

Yeah, it works out pretty terrible for them.  If I were a fan of the Dolphins, I'd probably be willing to have the game in a neutral site just to make sure they actually get a bye.  I don't know if another city could pull that off with just four days notice though. 

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah, it works out pretty terrible for them.  If I were a fan of the Dolphins, I'd probably be willing to have the game in a neutral site just to make sure they actually get a bye.  I don't know if another city could pull that off with just four days notice though. 

Yeah, either move it up to Thursday or play somewhere close. Looks like the Jags, Falcons and Panthers are all on the road, so those places could work in theory.

I know you're not a fantasy guy, but I guess from that perspective it would be a positive thing if the Fins and the Bucs  didn't have a bye.

43 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

The Factory of Sadness in one gif

(also quite possibly one of the best madden gifs ever)

Hey, we're not even the most pathetic team in the NFL this year.  Not even close, really.  The Bills are an absolute dumpster fire to the point that Boldin decided to retire rather than play there.  The Jets have like two NFL caliber players on the entire roster.  The Jags have talent, but are also considering starting Chad Henne over Blake Bortles, which tells you everything you need to know about the QB situation there.  The Bears might not win a single game.  The Texans are likely going to be bad and their first and second round draft picks next spring go to Cleveland.

The Browns aren't even in the bottom five of depressing teams going into this season.  That's called progress!

Jesus Christ, I thought we were rid of Ray Lewis. I thought ESPN canning his dumb ass meant we'd never have to hear his mouthfarts disguised as Deep Thoughts For Vicious Morons with a side helping of Respectability Shucking again. But no, fucking Showtime had to hire him for Inside the NFL so he could opine some more on the travails of much better and more intelligent person:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ravens-send-ray-lewis-out-to-make-kaepernicks-girlfrien-1800666559#_ga=2.210623248.489477158.1504695112-48213616.1458398168

Apparently, when he wasn't busy lecturing Kaepernick on how to make white people like you, he was trying to get the cRavens to sign Kaepernick, but then Kaepernick's girlfriend tweeted a mean thing about Lewis (by which I mean, devastatingly accurate) so the cRavens didn't sign him. Even Phil Simms thought it was a load of horseshit.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Jesus Christ, I thought we were rid of Ray Lewis. I thought ESPN canning his dumb ass meant we'd never have to hear his mouthfarts disguised as Deep Thoughts For Vicious Morons with a side helping of Respectability Shucking again. But no, fucking Showtime had to hire him for Inside the NFL so he could opine some more on the travails of much better and more intelligent person:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ravens-send-ray-lewis-out-to-make-kaepernicks-girlfrien-1800666559#_ga=2.210623248.489477158.1504695112-48213616.1458398168

Apparently, when he wasn't busy lecturing Kaepernick on how to make white people like you, he was trying to get the cRavens to sign Kaepernick, but then Kaepernick's girlfriend tweeted a mean thing about Lewis (by which I mean, devastatingly accurate) so the cRavens didn't sign him. Even Phil Simms thought it was a load of horseshit.

I had stopped watching ESPN's NFL coverage precisely because of Ray Lewis. But with no Berman and no Lewis they might be watchable now.

Ray Lewis is a tool that loves to shuck and jive. That's a known fact. Blaming Kap's girlfriend for him not being signed is a lazy scapegoat.

Looking at the Bears schedule, it's possible that they won't win a game until October. The front end of their schedule is ridiculously loaded.

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Ironically, the claim the Ravens didn't sign Kap because of his girlfriend's tweet just makes the Ravens look stupid.

22 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Ironically, the claim the Ravens didn't sign Kap because of his girlfriend's tweet just makes the Ravens look stupid.

Who would have thought that the cRavens would blame a player's girlfriend for something?

(I can't take credit for that, a Deadspin commenter posted something similar)

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Likely a good defensive game. Both teams are good on defense, but sparse on offense.

I'm only joking. I'm not paying for the tickets and given the amount of drinking time in the average NFL game there's a decent chance I'm not going to remember too many details anyway.

So the Dolphins and the Bucs both wanted to play in a neutral site this week and not in week 11.  So of course when the NFL had to weigh out competitive balance and player health and well being and community safety, they chose the option that will maximize the gate.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

So I'm going to see my first NFL game this year; Browns vs Vikings. That's bound to be a good game, right?

And you better be rooting for the Vikings. Sorry you have to see them play The Factor of Sadness.

Archived