What If The Father Of Cersei's Baby Is...BRONN?!?!

On 9/12/2017 at 8:05 AM, Deminelle said:

Very interesting, @Cron Especially that you picked Bronn not been seen with Cersei in the show. Why would they bring it up in the show? It could be made to amuse the audience because we know they have some quarrel irl. But it would give an effective twist to the show, if he was the father indeed. I would say to Minsc that Bronn telling Jamie things like that about Cersei could be misleading us as well. He's been hanging around Jamie quite a lot and even Jamie asked him about that once. Maybe Bronn's been after Cersei.

Everyone just dismisses the idea at once because they have that said real life quarrel.

Yeah, it's fun to speculate bout, and I admit we've got to connect some dots to conclude Bronn is the father, but it feels really accurate to me, and does explain a number of things that struck me as odd when I first saw them on the show (as I described in my original post, above)

To me, the scene where Cersei and Jaime are talking about Jaime's meeting with Tyrion is the clincher. Cersei knowing what she knew in advance of jaime meeting Tyrion is pretty extreme in and of itself, but to me, Cersei asking Jaime about Bronn is just flat out bizarre...unless she had a very specific reason to be interested in how things were between Jaime and Bronn, and about Bronn in general.

And I think the business about animosity between Jerome Flynn and Lena Headey is just a smoke screen.'

But hey, time will tell.  Even I am still allowing a 25% possibility that the father is Euron (with 0% that it is Jaime, and 75% that it is Bronn)

I rather agree that Euron is the father or less likely Jaime. Bronn was Tyrion's man, Tyrion brought him to KL and promoted him. As Cersei hates everything related to Tyrion, it seems unlikely that she would hook up with Bronn. 

Bronn switched to Jaime's side very conveniently that is why he's still alive. And I guess he's aware of it and wouldn't take a risk.

On 9/12/2017 at 10:35 PM, jcmontea said:

If the father is Bronn i guess that means Bronn got pissed he didn't get that castle so he gets his revenge by having sex with Cersei 

This could be a factor, and it has also crossed my mind.

Bronn wants a beautiful woman and a nice castle/home.

Cersei and King's Landing definitely qualify on both fronts.

Interesting topic as a whole!  Now, not that it is the most important thing but before I forget (just checked it out) and I have a tendency to go slightly senile lol Jerome and Lena, as per Wikipedia had a relationship that ended in 2014!!!  so not so long ago.  I could see that they don't wish to do a scene together if it ended badly but I am with Cron in that Bronn and Pod were not major players in those negotiations.  Nobody would had bat an eyelid  if the camera hadn't focused on them.  Just to give an example, I could not remember if Varys had been there or not, or whether he was still at Dragonstone or elsewhere.  On a rewatched I realised he was there because I made a point to see if he was.  Okay, I am not the most observant of people but it just puts in perspective for unimportant the presence of certain characters was to this meeting in a lot of watcherss' eyes.  So in essence, if they have omitted Jerome, I doubt a lot of people would be complaining about it lol.  So, why indeed come up with that "going for a drink" explanation? but okay that is probably getting a bit out of topic.

Now, I know that whether the baby survives or not is irrelevant with regards to who is the father.  Still it is very plot relevant.  I am yet to figure out why this baby idea was introduced.  In the books, unless Jaime goes back to Cersei (which seems unlikely albeit nothing is impossible in this series lol), this baby will not have major political significance or this would massively affect the overall plot.

Okay, I am well aware that the show and the books are different beasts but George told D&D the ending and stuff that would have to happen even if achieved by a different route.  Now a child of the person currently sitting on the IT to me is pretty major.

I have to say that it has crossed my mind that there is no pregnancy.  She could be lying, she could have missed a period or two (can happen under stress especially...) or that she is indeed pregnant by I tend to agree maybe not by Jaime, or she is not sure herself and she wants to hedge her bets.

Yes, although I get that killing someone (Ellaria and Tyene) turns her on, there was some level of urgency in that scene.  This would tally totally, especially after the scene with Qyburn, that she is trying to get the world at large and Jaime to believe the baby is his.  Whether she laid with Jaime recently beforehand or not is unkown but if she hadn't this could make a great deal of sense.  It is quite possible in my humble opinion that she fears that Jaime was not the father, hence she is quick to bed him.

If the father is indeed Jaime and the child is a viable one this poses tons of problems for the plot in the books.  We know that the show is doing its own thing but that the ending will basically comply with what George told them.  Now, it is one thing to have, say, Sansa deflowered by a man who is dead in any event (and will be so too in the books), and another having a potential heir of the IT (not getting into the whole legitimacy of succession since it appears clear that the winners against the NK will win by way of conquest) but still...  Too huge a contender for him/her to be a sole show invention, if the child lives and reaches adulthood...  Okay, potentially this child could be raised in total anonymity but still...  Maybe out of topic again, but I am inclined to believe that Tyrion made some concession, or promised to try his best to obtain a concession re this child's welfare whatever the weather (I doubt very much promised the IT for him/her - the child - since he clearly told Cersei he prefers Dany and why etc) but I think he did promise something maybe a la Ned...

Now this doesn't get us any closer as to who the father is lol  Okay, Bronn seems far fetched to me to introduce this late in the game but Cron's argument does make sense, although not endorsing the statement for now.  I will need to give the whole thing more thought, but my gut instinct is no, Bronn is not the father but maybe Jaime isn't either, which well gives us Euron, but again... if Cersei plays her cards right she keeps Euron "wanting" until she gets everything she wants from him, i.e. defeating the Stark/Targaryen coalition...

Food for thought though ;)

Archived