Theon Theory

GoT Dude

With Euron on the way to get the Golden Company, I believe Theon is going to cut him off, somehow kill him, the retake control of the Iron Fleet/Islands.  Similar to how Euron killed Theons father, then took over the Iron Fleet/Islands.  

He will then continue to fetch the Golden Company, as they have a heads up that a Greyjoy is going to take them to Westeros.  But instead of taking the Golden Company to fight for Cersei, he's going to take them to fight the White Walkers.  There.  That's my bullet proof theory.

Theon should be headed to the Iron Islands on the info they've got.  Euron was however in Essos with Yara by the time Theon decided to leave Dragonstone.  So, I am not sure where Theon is headed to free Yara.  He has no clue.

To me it makes most sense the crew chopped his head off, threw him overboard, and headed home.

1 minute ago, Hoo said:

Theon should be headed to the Iron Islands on the info they've got.  Euron was however in Essos with Yara by the time Theon decided to leave Dragonstone.  So, I am not sure where Theon is headed to free Yara.  He has no clue.

Like characters on this show don't suddenly know what the audience knows whenever the plot demands it. Theon will know where Yara is and have his EPIC BATTEL with Euron wherever and whenever D & D decide it's DRAMATICALLY SATISFYING™.

33 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Like characters on this show don't suddenly know what the audience knows whenever the plot demands it. Theon will know where Yara is and have his EPIC BATTEL with Euron wherever and whenever D & D decide it's DRAMATICALLY SATISFYING™.

Euron will kick him in the dick and laugh. Turn his back because he "vanquished him." Theon jumps on his back stabbing him with...eh? A dick shaped knife? Sure. Then Yara will pop out of nowhere and stab Euron in the dick and make a joke about how his "big dick" is actually really small and how he just got defeated by two people with no dicks.

DICKS!

15 minutes ago, MyLittleFinger said:

Euron will kick him in the dick and laugh. Turn his back because he "vanquished him." Theon jumps on his back stabbing him with...eh? A dick shaped knife? Sure. Then Yara will pop out of nowhere and stab Euron in the dick and make a joke about how his "big dick" is actually really small and how he just got defeated by two people with no dicks.

DICKS!

I'm just imagining Theon and Yara beating Euron ineffectually with dildos like some sort of slapstick sketch while Euron makes pained 'big cock' one-liners as he slowly dies.

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I'm just imagining Theon and Yara beating Euron ineffectually with dildos like some sort of slapstick sketch while Euron makes pained 'big cock' one-liners as he slowly dies.

Now I'll have this picture in mind every time I see Euron on screen… Thank you :P

3 hours ago, MyLittleFinger said:

DICKS!

:lol:  It is all about cocks in the end right?  As Jaime and Bronn agreed.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:35 PM, GoT Dude said:

With Euron on the way to get the Golden Company, I believe Theon is going to cut him off, somehow kill him, the retake control of the Iron Fleet/Islands.  Similar to how Euron killed Theons father, then took over the Iron Fleet/Islands.  

He will then continue to fetch the Golden Company, as they have a heads up that a Greyjoy is going to take them to Westeros.  But instead of taking the Golden Company to fight for Cersei, he's going to take them to fight the White Walkers.  There.  That's my bullet proof theory.

I think this would be pretty cool.  While I like Theon, I'm just sort of over Yara and Euron at this point and don't want that story to take up too much screen-time with only 6 episodes left.  As a book reader, since they may be bringing in the Golden Company I would get a kick out of it if they brought in Young Griff and Connington or at least referenced it, but otherwise I'm just hoping for some elephants mowing down wights.  But yeah, don't really care about Euron and Yara.

On 9/8/2017 at 7:38 AM, Beardy the Wildling said:

Are you imagining Benny Hill's Yakkety Sax on the soundtrack, or the music from the Clockwork Orange dildo-murder scene?

On 9/5/2017 at 1:35 PM, GoT Dude said:

If Theon pulled something like that off would be incredible and would love it not just for what it means for him as a character but for the look on Cersei's face when the Golden Company does not show up. 

The relevant question as someone mentioned is how would they get the intelligence to track him down but I am sure they could write around that by making Varys a useful character again and chalk it up to the little birds if they even bother to explain it which they frequently don't anymore. 

On 9/5/2017 at 3:35 PM, GoT Dude said:

Interesting. The only problem I see is that the GC might not want to fight the army of the dead. They think they are defending cersei, not sure if they'll be on board to fight a dangerous foe like the NK.

3 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Interesting. The only problem I see is that the GC might not want to fight the army of the dead. They think they are defending cersei, not sure if they'll be on board to fight a dangerous foe like the NK.

I could see a few alternatives to this theory working even without that part.

Alternative 1: After NK is defeated, Cersei is waiting on the GC and they arrive but to fight for Dany and Jon instead of her

Alternative 2: Theon doesn't even pick them up he just leaves them in Essos and Cersei has no army when the living eventually make their way south

7 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

I could see a few alternatives to this theory working even without that part.

Alternative 1: After NK is defeated, Cersei is waiting on the GC and they arrive but to fight for Dany and Jon instead of her

Alternative 2: Theon doesn't even pick them up he just leaves them in Essos and Cersei has no army when the living eventually make their way south

Alternative 2 is quite possibly. With the first option, would the GC fight for Jon and Dany knowing that it was cersei who payed them originally? 

13 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Alternative 2 is quite possibly. With the first option, would the GC fight for Jon and Dany knowing that it was cersei who payed them originally? 

i agree. 2 seems more likely. 

for them to abandon Cersei would have to be either because Euron was taking the gold as well and Theon intercepts him before they are paid for and then uses the gold to pay the GC or they introduce the GC's Targaryen back story and that is why they flip. 

On 08/09/2017 at 3:38 PM, Beardy the Wildling said:

It would really help if they chanted the Drowned God prayer when doing that "What is dead" *Whack* "May never die again" * Whack* "But instead rises again, harder and stronger" *Final kick to the groin* "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you cockless kids!"

3 minutes ago, Princess_of_Sunspear said:

It would really help if they chanted the Drowned God prayer when doing that "What is dead" *Whack* "May never die again" * Whack* "But instead rises again, harder and stronger" *Final kick to the groin* "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you cockless kids!"

lol..

I don't think so. Euron should have Yara with him, but I doubt that. Not even sure if Theon has a ship that can catch The Silence (assuming it's left already). Theon is obviously gonna have some kinda showdown with Euron, but not before the Golden Company gets involved. It would be a waste of the precious 6 episodes to have Theon get close, sneak Yara out with his (what? 10 good men?) only to later have a real showdown with his uncle. But for all I know Theon may kill him and hire the Golden Company for Daeny. 

I hope whatever it is will be good though. I don't expect Theon's arc to be convincing, but I at least hope it's something good for him. I never thought of him as a bad guy, and the character (and actor) is solid as hell. I want more than that stupid nut joke man.

(fingers crossed)

Archived